Hybrid View

1. Default So tell us what you think of our new Wedding Packages!

Give us your opinions - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

We value your input. check out the wedding packages http://couples.com/wedding/packages.php

And give it to us straight...

Couples Resorts

HI Randy. Well we are getting married in 20 days! Debbie stateside and her team are just wonderful, wanted to tell you that. The new package I love. I do wish there was a middle of road price like 250, then 500, then a 1000. It goes from 250, to bam 1000. After spending the trip, airfare and pictures that was kindof a bit much. I would have been able to maybe swing 500 for a bit more extras. BUT I do LOVEEEE all the new stuff and sooo happy to come there. I know I was grandfathered for the old package but Debbie was kind enough to let me have the new one since I asked, hahaha.

Maybe include more pictures with that 1000 package. I dunno something to ponder. I am happy either way but just sayin it straight, HAHAH> much Love, Jane

Everything looks great!! We are even more excited about our second trip then our first and the new website has been a great way to help the time move faster.

Just a few questions of things that aren’t quite clear, at lest to me. The one love package is $250 or free with a six night or longer stay, but this doesn’t include the Government fees of $250, correct?!? If we are just renewing our vows is there the government fees?

The only other thing is I cant find is how to book, pay for or when you pay for any of the extra packages like the “magical memories” . I am guessing you can pay for packages at the end the stay, so we can use our romance reward resort credits? I have sent an email to the Romance Concierge, but not sure if this was the right person to contact as I haven’t heard back.

Thank-you Randymon for all you do.

Maybe I'm missing something....but where are the individual upgrades that were available on the old website.......I found the reception options tucked away in the FAQ's part...a specific link to the ala carte options (with photos) would be appreciated, as I was starting to get the feeling that ala carte upgrades are not available, eg: premium alcohol (we're already paying for that in the cost of our vacation), bouquet choices, hors d'oeuvres, cake, etc....

also, the packages for the photographer/videographer are not showing????

While all the different wedding packages are simply lovely, being able to see all our options/upgrades to go with the packages would be helpful, so one can see what it will cost and be able to budget/plan accordingly....

We're doing a vow renewal and don't need all the bells and whistles, but would like a lovely, intimate celebration along with our friends w/o breaking the bank and the ala carte options provide for this...Our whole 'party' will be staying for 10+ days....

I like the new photos but I think there needs to be a lot more photos for the different packages, a bouquet section that gives us an idea of what upgrade options there are, and more photos of the venue options for each resort . I also find this layout and descriptions more confusing. There should be an easy to find section that goes into more detail with photo package options and other upgrades available outside of the packages. As for the packages themselves, I really liked what was included with the 'free' package way more than what is now. Honestly, if I was booking now for a wedding and I read what was included I probably wouldn't have my wedding here. Maybe still my honeymoon...but well, what made me decided to have not just my honeymoon here but go ahead and have my wedding was what was included in your packages. The new ones, like I said, seem nice but expensive. And I agree with Jane that it would be nice to have more in between the 250 all the way to 1000.

I am really excited to go to Couples for my wedding and I'm sure you guys will make it an incredible experience.

Givin it to ya straight Randymon...

I like the fact that there are more things to choose from (i.e cupcakes or cake), but I feel for the prices of the more upgraded packages, more photos should be included. To be honest, I don't think the cake cutter, serving knife , and certificate holder are more important to a couple than pictures.

The 30 minute massages were a nice touch, I haven't seen any resort but Couples offer this in their wedding packages. Now it is no more

What happened to all the wedding extras on the website? I think all the future brides out there really like knowing what some things will cost upfront for budgeting purposes. Don't get me wrong, Debbie is a great resource, but after so many emails and questions, she will start talking about the $200 deposit.

All in all, the website is awesome, the pictures are lovely and true and I can 't wait til we get there- 9 more days!!!! Those are just my opinions on the wedding packages. Thank you!

I also noticed that I could not longer find the picture prices and individual upgrades. I agree that the massage would be better than a serving knife. I'll have to look through it again to see what all the cahnges are. We are heading to CN next month to get married and I am also glad we booked before the changes.

It looks good, but I also can't find the options and prices for photography? I also agree about the massages over the serving knife. Everyone loves to be pampered and planning a wedding can be very stressful.

Yeah I have to say I'm not a big fan. I'm glad we booked our wedding prior to the change (I hope this means we still get the old inclusions) . I was looking for some ala carte options for hair and photography and now I can't find that information. I'm hoping to see a return of that feature!

The new site is "pretty" However, it has less information than before. We have paid for a Vow Renewal for October and I would like to see the different picture prices and individual upgrades also!

Swept Away Nov/Dec 08'
    Swept Away Jun 10'
    Swept Away Oct 11'
    Swept Away Jun 15'
    (Long time coming after vacationing in 8 other countries...it's time to return home)!

Default Glad I'm not the only one.

I hate to say it but I agree with the other brides,(I love couples so I dont want to sound negative) I'm glad we booked over a year ago and get to keep the previous package. I dont need a cake server but I will need a massage. and the new website is very pretty but it is hard to find things and the upgrade with pictures and prices would be very helpful. I have spoken with Debbie so often and am happy for her, that I booked before now and could at least find some of the answers I was looking for without bothering her. I think you need to put the upgrades, prices and pictures.

Hey Randy did this help? I get married in two weeks would love to see prices and pictures of the upgrades stuff.

I also agree with the other brides. I am so glad I booked last June. I have also been looking for the upgrade prices and have little luck.

I'm with everyone else. The information on the wedding upgrades is sparce. I too think it should be made available on the website so people can see it BEFORE they book. Also, I agree that there should be a package between free and $1,000. Maybe everything that's included in the One Love package plus a 5x7" color photograph and a flower decorated gazebo for $500......

I agree with everyone else. We are renewing our vows in Oct and we will like a package that has photos and DVD but not cost over $500! I wish with the one love package you included at least 1 photo

I am also extremely disappointed that I won't be getting the 25 minute massage with the new package.

I'm getting married at Tower Isle on the Island next March and I have been kind of disappointed with the lack of photos of events thrown there. For $4500-$4750 I'd love to see detailed example pictures of previous events so I could envision my special day .

Also, I agree with others about the upgrades and lack of detailed pricing.

For almost $5000 I was disappointed that Videography wasn't included in the package.

I would love to get more information and see more detailed pictures if you have some. My email address is heidiweece@yahoo.com

Otherwise I love love love TI and can't WAIT to marry my Best Friend in 8 months!!!!

I agree with Heidi. I am also getting married at Tower Isle next March and I have been searching for photos just to get an idea of what to expect and...nothing. It is very disappointing, especially after paying $4750.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi&David View Post
    I'm getting married at Tower Isle on the Island next March and I have been kind of disappointed with the lack of photos of events thrown there. For $4500-$4750 I'd love to see detailed example pictures of previous events so I could envision my special day .

Also, I agree with others about the upgrades and lack of detailed pricing.

For almost $5000 I was disappointed that Videography wasn't included in the package.

I would love to get more information and see more detailed pictures if you have some. My email address is heidiweece@yahoo.com

Otherwise I love love love TI and can't WAIT to marry my Best Friend in 8 months!!!!

Our wedding at CSA was way back in 2008. I was just reading this, curious about what the weddings are like now. At that time there were specific upgrades to customize, but not packages. I liked that, as we could take the standard cake (which was yummy) but upgrade my bouquet and add my MOH's flowers, etc. It truly felt customized.
    Our wedding experience was wonderful in every way from the moment we got to CSA. Our WC was Tamika and she was amazing. I can't say enough about how special it was that she did all the little things like placing the fans and bubbles on the seats, and bringing a fruit platter for my SIL who is celiac and can't eat cake. I stress that sort of thing if people ask about weddings at Couples compared to other resorts. It didn't feel cookie-cutter. People still talk about our wedding as the best they've ever attended. I hope that making couples feel like their own wedding is special never changes.
    However, before we left for Jamaica I found it difficult at times to get enough information and vizualize our day. I could see when I was there how busy the WCs are, so I think adding a Stateside planner is a great addition. But I wished I had more pictures of things like cake selection, flower upgrades, ceremony site upgrades, etc. Maybe Debbie supplies all this once you set a date, but it would be a nice addition to the website I think.
    P.S. Since then we've been back to Couples to CTI and CSS (for our 3rd anniverary) and have seen other weddings, and even attended one of new friends we made at CTI. I must say I love the new wooden wedding purgola's over the metal arch we had. Nice to see the updates