Default A Few Questions About Negril...

Hubby and I have been to CSA and CSS. We are thinking of trying CN for our third trip.
    We also did visit CTI on a day pass when we were at CSS last time and hubby loved their BB, as well.
    Hubby loves hanging out at the beach bar at all the resorts. How does the BB at CN compare to the other Couples' ones?

Hubby also loves having a lounger on the patio area. We also had the rocker lounger at CSA and hubby loved it! Would we be able to have something like the lounger? They told us when we visited CTI that we could. It looks like at CN some of the patios could be big enough for a lounger. We are thinking about booking the Deluxe BF or Deluxe Ocean. He would like a hammock, but that choice is not available for the time we want to book [8/2 thru 8/7].

Any other ideas would be much appreciated!

BB is beach bar...sorry about that!
    Last edited by wileeandrr; May 4th, 2011 at 07:39 AM.

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Or is it just the swim up bar & grill bar?

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

What is a BB?
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

You can be either wet or dry at the pool bar, all depends on whether you want to be in the pool or not...lol Patio areas are not really big enough to put loungers along with the table and chairs set, and certainly not big enough for hammock. But there are many loungers and hammocks placed all around the property in nice secluded areas. Hope this helps. Heading back to CN ourselves for the third time this July. Wish it was now.... the waiting is killing...

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    What is a BB?
    whoops! Sorry about that...beach bar

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Thanks trisha2u! I was wondering if there was more than one bar, like at CSA. It looks like there is a bar also at the Beach Grill.

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Hi wileeandrr, there are actually four bars. Piano bar, Grill bar, Pool bar, and the Cassava Bar. There use to be a self-service bar on the beach... don't know if that's still there.

We've been to CSA, CN and CSS and I think the beach bar at CSS is by far the best, mainly because it's open later than the 2 at CSA (they close at sunset) and because it's actually right on the beach. The bar at the grill at CN is pretty much on the beach too but it is further from the water than the others.
    I too like to hang out at the BB but I have to admit, IMHO, the grill bar at CN does not have the feel of the beach bar at CSS. I think that's why it's usually pretty empty.

Quote Originally Posted by trisha2u View Post
    Hi wileeandrr, there are actually four bars. Piano bar, Grill bar, Pool bar, and the Cassava Bar. There use to be a self-service bar on the beach... don't know if that's still there.
    Actually there are 5 bars, you forgot the one on the AN beach.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Thanks trisha2u! I was mostly interested in how the bars on the beach compared to CSA. It looks like we will either be at the pool bar or beach grill bar area. Hubby likes to sit outside, somewhat covered so we don't get too much sun, but can still see/be at/on the beach. I'm interested to check out the SS bar you mention!
    86 days & counting

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Quote Originally Posted by trisha2u View Post
    It is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    Actually there are 5 bars, you forgot the one on the AN beach.
    There are limitations on when certain bars are open and whether a guest can sit and drink, but from the standpoint of where one can get an alcoholic drink, the complete list of bars at CN is:
    1. Main bar (Cassava)
    2. Pool bar
    3. Beach Grill bar
    4. Piano bar
    5. Self-serve beach bar
    6. A/N beach bar
    7. Otaheite bar
    8. Lychee bar

... and all rooms now have an in room mini-bar.

#2, #3, and possibly #6 are probably of most interest to wileeandrr. CSA's beach bar is actually on the beach, where I'd say CN's pool bar and beach grill bar are at the edge of the beach.

Thanks so much y'all for your great feedback! Can't wait
    rudi...thanks for clarifying the BB of CSA w/ CNs location...that's what I was imagining!

CSS 2010
    CN 2011