Default Is CSA worth the extra $500 bucks over CTI? What time to fly out of Jamaica?

Just as title says? Having a really hard time here!!!

Also is a 1240 flight to early? Should I try to fly out later say like 230?

500 bucks!! How much a nite at CSA as opposed to CTI? Can't wait till we get the grid back...it was soooo helpful!
    I would fly out the earlier time...you're gonna have a great time!
    oops! I misread...fly out later...
    Last edited by wileeandrr; May 12th, 2011 at 08:10 AM.

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Please clarify

- Number of nights
    - Room category for each resort
    - Travel agent rates or directly through couples.com

CSA beach blows the other 3 away. To me that's why I go there so why pay money and not get that beach?

We never fly out earlier than 2.
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain" - Bob Marley

I'm assuming the $500 difference is for the whole week. Is it worth it? Depends, what are you looking for in your vacation? We prefer CSA over CTI, so for us it would be worth it.

We leave as late in the day as possible when traveling back to the US and as early in the day as possible when traveling to Jamaica.

Remember you will leave the resort 4 hours before your scheduled flight departure.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I`d opt for the later flight home. The resort transports you to the airport four hours before your flight. A later flight gives you time to enjoy a leisurely breakfast and maybe a little time under a palm tree.

Take the earlier flight! And it depends. CSA has a better beach. CTI has a better pool. Pick your poison! lol

You really have to pick a resort yourself, each one has it's own character. Can you afford the $500 and is CSA more appealing to you than CTI? For us CTI just didn't appeal so we didn't even compare the prices. If it's come down to price and both are equally appealing to YOU then look at the web pages for each again because truly one isn't worth more than the other unless it is to YOU. For me...yes it is. If you could tell us what you are looking for in your vacation we might be better able to help you.

For your return you might want to consider things like what time it gets you home and if you have a long drive after that and layovers. Last year we had an earlier flight out of Jamaica, got caught in some thunderstorms in Atlanta which delayed us by several hours but were able to catch a flight home. The next flight after ours, the one we would have been on had we taken a later flight out of Jamaica, was cancelled. It just wouldn't have been worth the headache of being stuck in Atlanta to spend another 2 hours in Jamaica. If you have an earlier flight you have a few more options if something happens to connections on the way home. Just my way of thinking, others may see it differently.

I have been to all 4 resorts, with CSA being my favorite. Yes it is worth it. Leave on the later flight. If you have a 12:40 flight you will have to be at the airport by 10:40 and they will have you on the bus by 8:30 the latest.

If you want the most gorgeous beach and resort on Jamaica then CSA is for you. Just got back from trip #4 to CSA and it ROCKS!!!

If you've never been to CTI then your missing something! It truly is spectacular. We never once missed the differences in the beach...it was just different. The snorkel and scuba were amazing!!! The people were awesome and the drive was more like an excursion So much so that we couldn't imagine not going back so we did a split 3CN/4CTI just to try the other side of the island for our upcoming trip.

I want to get to Jamaica time as fast as possible and leave as late as possible, so I agree with Coloradojuli!!!! IMO no matter the inconvience going or coming I paid for the plane ticket so I might as well enjoy every minute!!! With that said Delta is killing me....since booking they have slightly adjusted flight times...this equates to 24 less minutes in Jamaica, the only thing that will make that better...my first pin a coloda w/ a shot of Appleton Rum on top served by Raquel

CTI 2010
    CN/CTI July 2011
    Couples Somewhere 2012
    Last edited by rsmith2078; May 13th, 2011 at 11:55 PM.

We try to fly in as early as possible and out as late as we can. We really miss the direct redeye out of LAX! I'll take my chances with issues that may happen due to a later flight out verses having extra time at the resort. It has never been a problem, although last trip we didn't get home until 5:00am due to the fire at the Maimi airport in March. We just slept in the next day, no problem.

Thanks for all the help guys! 6 nights At CSA its BFVS and CTI Premier Beachfront. We are looking to book through Costco Travel cheapest rates i could find...unless you guys have some tips to get cheaper... plus you get 100 resort credit as well as 100 for excursions.

Ummmm..... Yayusss - CSA is DEFINITELY worth "it!"

Nuff said!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jbrewer View Post
    Thanks for all the help guys! 6 nights At CSA its BFVS and CTI Premier Beachfront. We are looking to book through Costco Travel cheapest rates i could find...unless you guys have some tips to get cheaper... plus you get 100 resort credit as well as 100 for excursions.
    Find yourself a good travel agent and see what price they can get you, let them know what price you are finding. I like pricing the trip myself for months ahead of time just for fun and memories. When it's time to book I call our travel agent and she always gets me a price at least matching what I'm finding and often cheaper. A travel agent will not charge you a fee contrary to popular belief and it's a huge benefit to have a real live person available to help you if you run into any glitches that may arise.

Don't forget to purchase travel insurance.

CSA is Couple's most popular resort so usually more expensive.

We are beach people so we choose CSA or CN.

Did it... books CSA Beachfront Suite super excited and cant wait!!!

Well I've been to CTI twice, and Negril twice, and am heading to CSA for the first time this year. Each resort is great in it's own right. I'm looking forward to seeing what the fuss about CSA is

As far as flights - I fly out of Philly at 6am - puts me on resort by 10:30 so I'm not missing a day to travel. When we leave we leave on a 5 pm flight out of Jamaica so we don't have to leave the resort until about 1, so we get an extra 1/2 day on the beach before we have lunch and head out.

I have been to both and I am going to say yes. I enjoyed CTI but not nearly as much as I enjoyed CSA. I felt that there were more things to do at CSA then at CTI. CTI is much smaller and CSA is spread out a little bit better. I liked the staff at CSA better as well. The beaches are both beautiful. The only thing with CSA is that it is a private beach so you do have people trying to sell you stuff sometimes but if they linger too long hotel security makes them leave.

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith2078 View Post
    With that said Delta is killing me....since booking they have slightly adjusted flight times...this equates to 24 less minutes in Jamaica, the only thing that will make that better...my first pin a coloda w/ a shot of Appleton Rum on top served by Raquel
    Delta is also killing me. They used to have a 1am flight out of Denver that went through Atlanta and had you in Jamaica by 10:30am, but that option seems to have disappeared. Now my only 'early' choice is an AA flight that gets me into Jamaica at 1 or 2pm. Yuck!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

CSA is definitely worth it! I've been to both and the beach alone is worth that more money. Also, fly in as early as possible and fly out as late as possible. Have a blast! CSA ROCKS!!!!!

CSA BFS great choice!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Returning to CTI this june for the 13th time. Have only tried one other couples resort and that was CSS because CTI was closed for the renovation so I cannot speak for CSA of CN however I can speak for the Couples name. You will be hard pressed to go to any of them and not fall in love. For us it was CTI and for 13 years we have not even considered going anywhere else. But as you can see there are plenty of people who feel the same about the other resorts. As long as it says couples you cant go wrong