Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The little things that make us smile at CN

Everyone comes back and writes wonderful reviews for CN, and those of us that have been know why. But here are a few things that are not normally mentioned: The smile that you get when you finally see the lobby...the Geckos that greet you when you walk home to your room every evenings......the AAHHHH feeling when you get back to room and see your bed turned down.....Brian Plunkett from water sport's laugh, it warms you heart everytime you hear it......the nachos at the Helicona grill they are just plain chips and cheese sauce but for some reason they are great......the doves cooing outside your windows every morning....Ancel, always good to hear him sing Stir it up......the fun of making new friends (hey Sue and Mark)....being the first ones to get off the shuttle bus to Negril.... and last but not least the..... Ahhh... finally home feeling you get when you walk across the Lobby and see the pool for the first time!!!
    If I've missed any (I'm sure I have) please....add more!!

Boomer...love the one about walking across the lobby to see the pool. Last November was our second trip and that was the first thing I did....that is when it hits, we are "HOME". Not only looking at the pool but beyond that to BEACH and the WATER. That memory will stick with me for a long time and when we get back this year, that is the first thing I want to do again.

Not going to CN until 12/16/2012 and was already excited about it but now hearing all that you love about it makes me want to go home and pack my suitcase and head to the airport right now!! I love Aahhhh feelings and cant wait to have my own and post them on here! I really wish this website had a "like" button like facebook does cause I would have clicked on the like button for sure! thanks for telling us your AAHHH feelings!!

my 'ahhhhhhhhhh' feeling is aimed at the swim up bar
    CN-July 2006
    CSA-July 2009
    CSA-July 2011

Eat, Drink, and be Merry for tomorrow you may die.

I love walking in our room at night and seeing the bed turned down, Friends who have yet to go, dont understand how great that is. So home sick right now 29 and counting.

For me the ahhhhhhhhhh moment is not only seeing the pool but the first glimpse of Bloody Bay and the warm sun on my face.

We will be back to CN the first week of December....and we cant wait to here our old beach peddler friend saying..."It's gonna be hot...hot..hottttt!

The thought of the beach peddler guy makes me smile. He walked by when our wedding was going on saying "It's gonna be hot...hot...HOT!!!" We all laughed when he said it!

The feeling of the humid, tropical air hitting me as I exit the airport. (I miss exiting the plane onto the tarmac, as opposed to the jetway now.)

The feeling of the sand between my toes the first time I step onto the beach.

Then, the cool, silky freshnes of the sea the first time I dive underwater.

The look on my wifes face when it finally hits her that she is on vacation in paradise.

Sitting on the swings off the lobby and looking at the pool and sea (similar to the "walking across the lobby idea).
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Redinthehead: You mentioned loving the nightly turn down service at CN. We had this at "S" in Cuba and had to ask them to stop because when they were doing the room after dark all the mosquitoes would get in the room and my husband would get eaten alive...in bed!

After 2 nights of this we put up the "Do Not Disturb" sign when we left for dinner. Missed the chocolate on the pillow though.

Does CN have "Do Not Disturb" signs to put on the doors?

Betty

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    For me the ahhhhhhhhhh moment is not only seeing the pool but the first glimpse of Bloody Bay and the warm sun on my face.

AHHH that is my moment, On the plane, notice we are getting close, see the crystal blue water get closer and closer and here the pilot say prepare for landing.... 18 days!!!

Walking past the wonderful smelling flower that only blooms at night while listening to the tree frogs.

Chef Tyrone Jackson's smiling face!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

...that feeling is like being there right this moment -- which we are. Could add many more to the list such as listening to the Silver Birds Brassdrums during lunch by the pool, or feeling the wonderful breese lying under a shade tree after time in the sun (especially on the AN side), the absolute fantastic and expansive breakfast options in the morning -- especially all the fresh fruit. It is all good...

We kept all the little quotes they left on our bed at night. I go through them sometimes and get teary-eyed everytime. I miss Jamaica sooo much! We had planned on going back every 5th anniversary but we are already talking about planning a trip on our 2nd anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by BettyinToronto View Post
    ...Does CN have "Do Not Disturb" signs to put on the doors?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken+Karen View Post
    We will be back to CN the first week of December....and we cant wait to here our old beach peddler friend saying..."It's gonna be hot...hot..hottttt!
    Unfortunately, I think I read somewhere, a month or two ago, that this fine gentleman had passed away. Can someone confirm that I heard that correctly? Supposedly someone has picked up the torch (and bullhorn) and continues the tradition and advertising...but it's just not quite the same.
    Last edited by NeedBlueWater; May 11th, 2011 at 10:29 AM.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Quote Originally Posted by BettyinToronto View Post
    Redinthehead: You mentioned loving the nightly turn down service at CN. We had this at "S" in Cuba and had to ask them to stop because when they were doing the room after dark all the mosquitoes would get in the room and my husband would get eaten alive...in bed!

After 2 nights of this we put up the "Do Not Disturb" sign when we left for dinner. Missed the chocolate on the pillow though.

Does CN have "Do Not Disturb" signs to put on the doors?

Betty

Betty ~ We have never run into mosquitoes in Jamaica, we have encountered sand fleas, but those are out on the beach and don't come into the room with you. You can avoid those by staying off the beach at night. But yes, there is a "Do Not Disturb" placard option. You might want to let them turn down the bed a few nights and see what happens. I think he will be fine. Also, they put these lovely sayings on your bed at night and straighten up the bathroom and bring fresh towels. It really is a treat to walk into your room at night and see that they have prepared it for a good night's slumber.

As I was laying in our bed last night, after we had reversed our ceiling fan, I remembered that one of the 'little things' we appreciate so much about all of the Couples are the ceiling fans in the rooms. I really prefer to sleep with a ceiling fan circulating the air at night. Just another little 'touch' that makes Couples so special.

But our favorite thing to do at CN is as soon as we get off the bus we go and gaze over the rail to the wonderful pool and view of the sea. I always get tears in my eyes when we enter the lobby (and leave for the goodbye bus). Then I quickly run to the bathroom! (The beers always get to me on the bus!)
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I love waking up at CN and smiling because I get to spend another day in paradise! I always make a pot of coffee in my room and go and sit on the balcony and watch and listen to the resort waking up. When my husband gets up, it's "I'm starving, let's go get a big awesome breakfast!". Then your wonderful day gets going. Can't wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken+Karen View Post
    We are going to CN for the first time also the first week of December! For my 50th bday! So excited and nervous. What ages are you both? How many times have you been to CN? Have you been to CSS? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by NeedBlueWater View Post
    Unfortunately, I think I read somewhere that this fine gentleman had passed away. Can someone confirm that I heard that correctly? Supposedly someone has picked up the torch (and bullhorn) and continues the tradition and advertising...but it's just not quite the same.
    He was there in Oct 2010.

ahhhhhhhhhh I love reading all these! We leave 2 weeks from tomorrow. 1st timers. went to CSA last Dec. but I have a feeling CN is gonna win us over

Awwww, I love this thread! It's given me a very peaceful feeling this morning. Now I just hope I experience some of the same awwww moments at CSS. 9 days and counting!

My hubby would say
    - it's waking up at 2am a little munchie, going to grab a jerk chicken burger made by the lovely Melore

I'd say
    - the champagne & wet cloth on arrival handed out by smiling faces of friends we missed
    - the sincere greetings from staff saying they're glad we're back
    - getting to our room, opening the balcony doors and seeing the view of travellers palms, hibiscus, etc.
    - putting our clothes in those basket drawers (we'll be staying a while)
    - massage in the tree house just before dusk hearing the birds first, then the tree frogs
    - the dollop of ice cream I put on top of my mudslide made by Tennyson
    - writing our names down for the next dive at the dive shop
    and so on and so on......you get the idea

Quote Originally Posted by lynnsfit View Post
    We are going to CN for the first time also the first week of December! For my 50th bday! So excited and nervous. What ages are you both? How many times have you been to CN? Have you been to CSS? :-)
    That is wonderful Lynn...I am taking my wife there for her 50th B-day as well...It will be our 2nd visit to CN, we thought long and hard about CSS...maybe next year.

Have you found the December Meetup thread yet?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast