Default Marriage License

Just wanted to let you guys know that we received our marriage license from Jamaica this past Saturday, May 7th, and we were married at CSA on March 21st. So, it didn't take the 3 months that I had read other people had to wait. Thankfully, I can now change my name! Yay! Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know because I know it's a question that's regularly asked on the discussion board. :O)

strange.. we got married there on March 14th and still have not received it?! Maybe we will get it soon?

Quote Originally Posted by klmurphy2005 View Post
    Just wanted to let you guys know that we received our marriage license from Jamaica this past Saturday, May 7th, and we were married at CSA on March 21st. So, it didn't take the 3 months that I had read other people had to wait. Thankfully, I can now change my name! Yay! Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know because I know it's a question that's regularly asked on the discussion board. :O)
    Good to know because I have to wait for the original to change my name as a nurse on my license and want too SO BAD fast.

thats great news!

Thanks! that was very thoughtful of you

never mind about my last post.. I received mine shortly after my post!

Thanks for posting this! I know I was wondering the same thing

Yay! We were married April 4th and everyone keeps asking when I will change my name.... Believe me, all the paperwork I can complete in advance is DONE Just need that official license!

I got mine exactly 2 months later. But I had already changed my name everywhere with my temporary one. Here in Nova Scotia, Canada, I wasn't asked for anything more than the certified copy the resort gave us.

Update:

We were married May 20, 2011 and we just received our official license today, July 29th. I know I wondered about this, so I hope this helps someone else