Default Getting to the West End from CN

In researching the area, it looks as though there's plenty to do and see in the West End. Wondering if the CN shuttle takes you there?

The Couples shuttle does not take you but the desk at Couples would help you arrange transportation if you wanted to go. However, I can tell you the trip will be long and though this is really personal opinion I would say nothing on the opposite end of the island either way is worth travelling to see. If you are in Negril I wouldn't recommend going to Ocho Rios if you are in Ocho Rios I wouldn't recommend going to Negril. Travel time in one direction is going to be at least 3 hours so you'll spend virtually all day riding. The resorts themselves are too attractive to make that worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by sherrynchuck View Post
    The Couples shuttle does not take you but the desk at Couples would help you arrange transportation if you wanted to go. However, I can tell you the trip will be long and though this is really personal opinion I would say nothing on the opposite end of the island either way is worth travelling to see. If you are in Negril I wouldn't recommend going to Ocho Rios if you are in Ocho Rios I wouldn't recommend going to Negril. Travel time in one direction is going to be at least 3 hours so you'll spend virtually all day riding. The resorts themselves are too attractive to make that worthwhile.
    CN is on the west side of Jamaica. The West End they are talking about (I believe) is the area south of Negril which is only a 15 minute ride from CN. The Tour Desk will arrange safe and relaible transprotation for you.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

I am not sure what sherrynchuck is talking about in the previous post.

The West End is the cliffs area of Negril unless there is somewhere else "on the opposite end of the island" with the same name.

We go to the West End from the beach a couple of times each trip to catch a sunset or dinner. I am not sure about the planned excursions as we don't participate but we take a taxi when we go for drinks and if we go to dinner, some of the restaurants give you a free pick up.

The West End refers to the cliff area in Negril.. not the other end of the island, so it's not that far way at all. It is about a 15-20 min ride from CN. There are taxis always available, just be sure to negotiate the price before you get in. I definitely recommend getting off the resort to see Negril and taking in a sunset from any of the restaurant/bars on the cliffs. Our favorites are Rockhouse and Xtabi.

Have fun

I assume that the post was in reference to the cliffs or West End.
    It is a 10min. cab ride.

Thank to all of the posters for helping me out with the geography. And yes, you're correct in that I was referring to the coastal cliff area south of Negril. Too bad that the CN shuttle doesn't take you there, but very good to know it's only a short 15-minute taxi ride away. Looks like a fun place to hang.