Default Question about split stay

This question has probably be asked but I couldn't find. We are considering booking a 3 and 4 night split between CN and CSA for next year under the Early Escapes promotion. Since it is a 7 day booking in total, would it still qualify for the resort credit?

We are not long back from our first Couples trip (CN April 25-May2). Perhaps I'll write a review soon, liked it enough to consider booking again!

Also, I wonder why the resort credit was reduced from $500 to $300. Still a good promotion but at $500, it was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by daveygravey View Post
    This question has probably be asked but I couldn't find. We are considering booking a 3 and 4 night split between CN and CSA for next year under the Early Escapes promotion. Since it is a 7 day booking in total, would it still qualify for the resort credit?

We are not long back from our first Couples trip (CN April 25-May2). Perhaps I'll write a review soon, liked it enough to consider booking again!

Also, I wonder why the resort credit was reduced from $500 to $300. Still a good promotion but at $500, it was awesome!
    I believe that for the credit to apply it needs to be a consecutive 7 day stay at one resort, not 7 days split up.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

The credit only applies to stays of 7 nights or longer at the same resort.

Not sure why they reduced the credit, it might be they had such a good response that they didn't have to make it that high for 2012.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Last year we split 7 days between CTI and CSS and got credit for 3 nights at one and 4 nights at the other on the Romance Rewards. I assume that's what you're talking about when you say resort credit.

This year we're splitting CSS and CN - supposedly they will shuttle us between the 2 resorts even though they are on different parts of the island.

daveygravey,
    No- As stated by Randymon, you will not get the $300 resort credit because you need to be at the same resort for 7 consecutive nights(minimum).
    BUT-
    Romance Rewards Program - You will be at the young love category going into both resorts. You've travelled 7 nights so far. You will be entitled to the perks at both resorts upon arrival. Do the pre check-in online for both resorts before you arrive, you can do them both before you leave for your trip. Then, when you plan the third trip you'll be at the next level for RR.

YOUNG LOVE [6-13 NIGHTS STAYED]
    Trading Places Pass for one day / exchange with a Couples Resort in the same town, subject to availability, reservation required 24 hours in advance.
    Couples t-shirts
    Invitation to the Repeat Guest Dinner (one invitation per stay)
    $100 Resort credit*
    Couples' snack pack upon departure

RENEWED LOVE [14-23 NIGHTS STAYED]
    Trading Places Pass for one day / exchange with a Couples Resort in the same town, subject to availability, reservation required 24 hours in advance.
    Choice of: Couples' t-shirts, or confectionary like Rum Cakes and bottle of sparkling wine or Candles/Oils
    Invitation to the Repeat Guest Dinner (one invitation per stay)
    $150 Resort credit*
    Couples' snack pack upon departure

Ipmp,
    Just let CSS know when you arrive that you are moving to CN on (insert date here) and they will arrange for you to get from CSS to CN. We went from CN to CTI once and it took 3 hours on the shuttle. We tipped the driver like we normally do and we were able to choose what time we wanted to leave the first resort since we were the only two doing a split stay. It was great! We packed, had breakfast, then headed to the lobby for our departure for vacation number two. Doing a split stay is a terrific idea because it is like having a whole new vacation! Loved it!!

I don't think I would split a stay of that length. When you factor in the travel days it ends up giving you hardly any time at either resort. You get there and barely have time to unpack before you have to pack up and leave again. You might consider just picking on resort for the full stay for that reason plus then you would get the credit too which would be really nice.

Default Short Split Stays

I know this topic comes up a lot, and I wish we had time for the 10-14 day vacations that are ideal for visiting 2 resorts, but we usually only have a week (if that) to spend away from home. I also find one of the toughest decisions to make is to go to different Couples resort once you have found yourself at home at one of them. So I get it, that no matter which resort you pick, you are going to love it, but the hard part is enjoying each character for itself, versus making comparisons (although I love the comparison posts - thanks!). Exploring a new place is part of the excitement of a trip, and we have never returned to a resort, but that was before Couples.

Our first trip was to CSS, only 4 days and we made our choice based on a private beach, tropical rain forest environment and spacious rooms. I don't regret the choice for an instant, which is why we have returned 3 times, each time for a day longer, even though every year I say I will book somewhere else. For 2012, I really mean it! Ok, maybe only half-way.

I am negotiating and lobbying for 8 days to get 4 at either CN or CSA and wind down at CSS for 4 days before heading back to reality. 3 days is a short time to get to know the resorts, find your way around, do the excursions/activities and eat at the restaurants, but you know best the type of vacationer you are, so if just getting a glimpse won't disappoint you, go for it! That's what I am hoping for, a taste of Negril so I won't be so nervous about going to Jamaica and not having the familiarity of CSS to help me relax and cast off my worries.

Maybe I'll just go 7 days to CSS!

We too are doing a 7 day split...but were not concerned. View the transfer as an excursion and don't waste time unpacking...that's my no problem Mon motto!!!! The experience at CTI was to darn good to not return but wanted to see Negril too...after this trip maybe we will start a every other year plan but until then..
    CTI 2010
    CN/CTI 2011
    Couples somewhere....2012

I'm considering a split stay but have the luxury of 10 nights so going to do 5 nights at CSA followed by 5 nights at CN. I'm not worried about the transfer - I'm going to do it in my beachwear!

I stayed at CN last November, it was my first trip with Couples having done a few Sandals resorts. I did trading places with CSA whilst I was there and I just can't decide which rersort I like better so I'm going to do both!

One question I do have - do I get an invite for both repeaters dinner since I will be at CSA the first Monday and CN the 2nd Monday?

Thanks in advance for any advice!