Hybrid View

Default Just returned from our CSA weddingmoon!!

Hey everyone!!

Just wanted to drop in and give a little review of our experience at CSA 8/1/09-8/8/09. We arrived at MBJ and waiting what seemed like forever in line trying to get through customs. After about an hour and a half to two hours later, we arrived at the Couples Lounge at the airport and go offered a Red Stripe and five minutes later we were off. We had a quite scary bus ride to the resort but that is the norm in Jamaica as all the drivers are called "CJ's" or Crazy Jamaicans! We did make it in one piece in probably an hour and a half after stopping for a Red Stripe along the way.

We checked in and had a glass of champagne and then were brought to our BFVS (room 3121). The room was absolutely wonderful and steps from the beach. We can't complain one bit about our room. There were ants out on our patio but we sprayed right in front of our door every night and we never had a problem.

We got married on Monday 8/3/09.....what a beautiful experience! Everything went as we planned and the staff made our day a very special day. The wedding coordinator was a huge help and made us feel special. Thank you! We were married at 10 am, had our cake and pictures done (done by the resort which came out beautiful) and then in the water on the beach by noon. We had dinner at Feathers that night which was great.

Every single meal we had during our stay was absolutely delicious....we miss the food already!

We rented a jet ski, went snorkeling, went on the ATV tour which was a blast and relaxed as much as we could and soaked up some sun.

The staff was wonderful! We will definitely be looking to start booking our next trip back "home". We are so glad we decided to go to CSA to get married. This was our first trip there and will not be last!!!

I just want to say thank you to all the posts that have been posted on great ideas on everything to do, see, etc.

Especially thanks to CSA for making our weddingmoon unforgetable. We will be returning ASAP!!!

If anyone needs any more help with anything or needs any questions answered, I would be glad to help out!

Meghan and Jeremy from Vermont

Hi Meghan and Jeremy

Thanks for the post! My fiance and I are planning a wedding at CSA in May of 2010 and I have been mulling over the details and the ideas myself. We are from CT. nice to meet another New Englander (I lover Vermont)! Anyway I have been trying to decide whether to choose the Beachfront Suite or the Beachfront Veranda Suite. Someone else posted pics of both suites and I believe the BS had a nice wood ceiling which looked nice! Did you have any trouble deciding on what room to pick?

Also we are planning on booking through the Couples site and then making our flight arrangements later out of Boston did you do that or hire an agent?

I can't wait to go there I am so excited I have always wanted to travel but, we have never had the chance do you have any pictures you would be willing to post?

Thanks
    Pam from CT.

Quote Originally Posted by wildone2574 View Post
    Hi Meghan and Jeremy

Thanks for the post! My fiance and I are planning a wedding at CSA in May of 2010 and I have been mulling over the details and the ideas myself. We are from CT. nice to meet another New Englander (I lover Vermont)! Anyway I have been trying to decide whether to choose the Beachfront Suite or the Beachfront Veranda Suite. Someone else posted pics of both suites and I believe the BS had a nice wood ceiling which looked nice! Did you have any trouble deciding on what room to pick?

Also we are planning on booking through the Couples site and then making our flight arrangements later out of Boston did you do that or hire an agent?

I can't wait to go there I am so excited I have always wanted to travel but, we have never had the chance do you have any pictures you would be willing to post?

Thanks
    Pam from CT.
    Hey there Pam!

We had no problem chosing the BFVS. Our room (3121) was literally right across from the wedding area. We walked right off our porch and down the isle. It was absolutely wonderful. We could also watch all the other weddings right from our porch. It was actually kind of cool. I think where ever you stay at the resort you are going to absolutely love! Every one of the rooms are great. We didn't spend all that much time in the room and I don't think you will either. Ours did have a tv which I am not sure if the Beachfront suites do or not. I think the only big difference is that the BFVS are in the new section of the resort, along with the Great House Jacuzzi Suites. We are glad we didn't pick those rooms as we really liked the idea of being RIGHT on the beach. I will try to see if I can post some pictures for you to see. We loved every minute we were there and wish we were still there but we had to come back to the reality of having three kids. This was the first time we had ever travelled outside the US and it definitely won't be our last to CSA. We used a travel agent and she was a saint. She helped us out so much and did all the work for us and didn't get charged a thing. She called the resort and got in touch with the wedding coordinator who then contacted me. The wedding was a breeze...all we had to do was show up and everything else was taken care of for us. NO PROBLEM MON! We flew out of Burlington, VT which brought us to Altlanta and then to Montego Bay. We flew Delta and can't complain about one thing. They got our luggage there and back and that's all we really cared about. Do bring your dress on carry on as you never know if your luggage will get lost or not...better to be safe than sorry!

If you have any other questions....let me know. I am so glad we chose CSA for our vacation and honeymoon all in one. I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Congratulations to you and your fiance!

Meghan

Quote Originally Posted by mj09 View Post
    Hey there Pam!

We had no problem chosing the BFVS. Our room (3121) was literally right across from the wedding area. We walked right off our porch and down the isle. It was absolutely wonderful. We could also watch all the other weddings right from our porch. It was actually kind of cool. I think where ever you stay at the resort you are going to absolutely love! Every one of the rooms are great. We didn't spend all that much time in the room and I don't think you will either. Ours did have a tv which I am not sure if the Beachfront suites do or not. I think the only big difference is that the BFVS are in the new section of the resort, along with the Great House Jacuzzi Suites. We are glad we didn't pick those rooms as we really liked the idea of being RIGHT on the beach. I will try to see if I can post some pictures for you to see. We loved every minute we were there and wish we were still there but we had to come back to the reality of having three kids. This was the first time we had ever travelled outside the US and it definitely won't be our last to CSA. We used a travel agent and she was a saint. She helped us out so much and did all the work for us and didn't get charged a thing. She called the resort and got in touch with the wedding coordinator who then contacted me. The wedding was a breeze...all we had to do was show up and everything else was taken care of for us. NO PROBLEM MON! We flew out of Burlington, VT which brought us to Altlanta and then to Montego Bay. We flew Delta and can't complain about one thing. They got our luggage there and back and that's all we really cared about. Do bring your dress on carry on as you never know if your luggage will get lost or not...better to be safe than sorry!

If you have any other questions....let me know. I am so glad we chose CSA for our vacation and honeymoon all in one. I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Congratulations to you and your fiance!

Meghan
    Thank you Meghan,

I would love to see pictures!!! I forgot who you used as a photographer or if you had mentioned that. Thank you for the info that you provided I think the only thing that I would change is moving up to the second or third floor for privacy and have an end unit. We have two children as well and I am sure the reality thing will be hard to come back to! How did the wedding go? Did your husband and you get ready in the same room? or did you have the opportunity to get ready alone? What did you use for music? Would you opt for dinner on the beach for your wedding night? What did you do for dinner that night? Sorry just lots of questions...don't want to make any mistakes any helpful hints would be great! What about bugs in your room did you find you had a problem with that?

Thanks
    Pam