Default Sunsets, Sand Fleas and Mosquito Netting

Hi Everyone!
    16 more days until we depart to CN and I couldn't be more excited, thanks to everyone for their previous answers to my post. Just a few last minute question. I have seen beautiful sunset pictures but I also understand that the sun sets in different spots based on the time of year. Will CN have a good view of the sunsetting directly over water or would it be setting over blood bay. I saw so many fabulous pictures but I'm not quite sure what the chances are of me catching one of those amazing sunsets over water.]

Second, Sand fleas. I tend to get bit by mosquitos alot. I don't know why. Last trip to Riviera Maya, I sprayed myself before going out every evening with Off 20 deet and I ended with a couple of bites. I'm not so much concerned with Mosquitos in Jamaica, but sand fleas. Is there a specific brand of repellent that works best? I've already got the cortisone cream and afterbite, but I'm hoping to avoid using it. Are they particularly bad throughout this time of year?

Lastly, I have read on these reviews about some previous guest buying and using the Easy Breeze doorway screen curtain. I LOVE to hear nature and the ocean and would love to be able to leave the door open at night. I've heard many people discuss this screen in particular because of the tension rod and the fact that there are not tacks or tape that could potentially destroy the property. If there is anyone that has use this or any netting with success, can you please comment and let me know what I should be in the market for?

Thank you so much again!

The sun should be setting over the ocean while you are there.

If you stay away from the beach at night you should be fine with the sand fleas. I use Avon's Skin-So-Soft when we go out at night and it seems to do the job.

We always sleep with our doors open (6 trips to Jamaica) and have never had a problem with mosquitoes. I wouldn't bother with the net. Just takes us valuable luggage space.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I have always stayed away from the beach at night and everything else but sometimes I get bitten a lot anyway. There seems to be no discernible pattern to why they are bad some of the time and not others. One April we didn't wear anything and didn't get a single bite, we even spent most of our time on the beach. A different April we spent very little time on the beach, wore spray and we got eatten alive. I had bites literally from head to toe. There were so many that some areas looked like one HUGE bite that was a few inches wide. I had bites on my face and everything. No idea why. We went back the same year in October and got maybe 5 bites between the two of us.

I don't know if the nets would help or not. I guess it couldn't hurt though.

If you get bit up, LIKE I DO, get 100% DEET, they sell it online alot or DEEP WOODS OFF. In fact i get the hand towel I carry onto the plane to put on as soon as I get there and then the spray at night. TRUST ME I GOT BIT upppppp last time I didnt have that, and its itches LIKE HECK, so save yourself grief be ready and also bring itching stuff too and benedryl just incase. Good luck JAne

I agree with melody. It was kind of random. I went in June once and did not get any bites and never put on repellant.
    There is no glass in the windows of your room - they are screened with wooden slats that open and close. You can hear nature just fine at night with no mosquitos!

On all of our trips to CSA and CSS, I have only gotten bitten alive by both sand fleas and mosquitos once, and this was on our last trip to CSA in January. Bob did not get one single bite. Amazing. I had brought "Off" but did not apply it liberally enough the first two nights. After I absolutely doused myself with it (including hands), I did not get any additional bites. We always go in January/February, so I can't explain why this year was particularly bad. It was wetter than usual this past January.

Quote Originally Posted by americanlambu View Post
    I agree with melody. It was kind of random. I went in June once and did not get any bites and never put on repellant.
    There is no glass in the windows of your room - they are screened with wooden slats that open and close. You can hear nature just fine at night with no mosquitos!
    Americanlambu ~ You seem to keep confusing CN with CSA. CN does not have wooden slats with screens on them. Just so you are aware there are two resorts in Negril. Couples Negril (CN) and Couples Swept Away (CSA). Obviously from your posts you have been to CSA, but not CN. Please read destinations of where people are going before you start giving advice. CN has 'normal' windows. Not to sound snotty, but it is tough on guest asking questions when incorrect information is given out. It can be confusing for them if they have never been to the resort. Sorry if I sound snip-pity.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Default Very Pretty...

This is what the sunset looked like looking straight out from the resort when we were there last week...

Name:  DSCN1540.jpg
Views: 820
Size:  26.0 KB

Name:  DSCN1749.jpg
Views: 925
Size:  21.0 KB

Name:  DSCN1920.jpg
Views: 936
Size:  24.1 KB

Later......... Joe D.

That is good to know...thanks, I had no idea.
    1st time to Jamaica!
    ******CN June 2011*****

How beautiful! Just makes me ready to go even more (if that is even possible)! 26 days & counting!

Thanks...I did get confused. So can you open the windows at CN? Do they have a screen?
    1st time to Jamaica!
    ******CN June 2011*****

Silly question... about what time does the sun set there in June?
    1st time to Jamaica!
    ******CN June 2011*****