Default CSA or CTI for honeymoon

Hi everyone! I'm getting ready to book our honeymoon for the end of April 2012 and am trying to figure out which of these lovely resorts to stay at! We stayed at CSA December 2009 and I was sure that's where we would go however, I just looked at CTI and it looks amazing! The one bedroom suites and the private island look awesome and the fully stocked mini bar as of August 2011 and in room dining til 11 p.m. WOW! They are REALLY making this hard! I know how great CSA is. I need feedback from people that have been to both! THANKS EVERYONE

I know it is a tough decision. We went to CTI for our honeymoon last year and absolutely loved it. BUT we are going to CSA this year to try something new. Almost everything about CTI was amazing, and I expect the same with CSA. I noticed you mentioned the beautiful island at CTI - the island is exclusively for the nude sunbathers. If you plan on going nude, then the island will be great for you. We did not choose to go au naturel so we did not get to experience the island. Also, many people go to CTI because of the island and you never get to meet those people. They seem to have their own clique anyway. Besides that - we LOVED CTI and would definitely return if we get the chance. Also, it looks like all of CSA's rooms have a stocked mini bar too. We are going to CSA in 3 weeks so I will have a better idea about how to compare them after that. Good luck with your decision. The good news is, whatever you decide will be an amazing trip. I dont think there is a bad choice.

That kinda stinks about the island. It would be nice if they had a nude side and a non-nude side. O well. Since it's our honeymoon we are spending 10 days. Maybe I'll do 5 at CSA and 5 at CN?

We honeymooned at CTI and thought it was amazing, then went to CSA and thought it was even better! A lot will depend on personal preference and what is important to you.

CSA Pros:
    - beach is far superior
    - larger property with lush grounds (this could also be a con for some)
    - wider variety of rooms to choose from, which gives it a less hotel-like feel
    - sports complex is better

CTI Pros:
    - more included activities and options for excursions in the Ocho Rios area
    - recently renovated
    - food was slightly better, in my opinion
    - resort is very compact so everything is within a few minutes walk

If we had our choice, we would return to CSA over CTI, but I'm sure a vacation at any Couples location will still be wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dani&Chad View Post
    I know it is a tough decision. We went to CTI for our honeymoon last year and absolutely loved it. BUT we are going to CSA this year to try something new. Almost everything about CTI was amazing, and I expect the same with CSA. I noticed you mentioned the beautiful island at CTI - the island is exclusively for the nude sunbathers. If you plan on going nude, then the island will be great for you. We did not choose to go au naturel so we did not get to experience the island. Also, many people go to CTI because of the island and you never get to meet those people. They seem to have their own clique anyway. Besides that - we LOVED CTI and would definitely return if we get the chance. Also, it looks like all of CSA's rooms have a stocked mini bar too. We are going to CSA in 3 weeks so I will have a better idea about how to compare them after that. Good luck with your decision. The good news is, whatever you decide will be an amazing trip. I dont think there is a bad choice.
    Not sure why you didn't get to meet any of the people from the island. We have met many people on the island and those who did not chose to go to the island. I guess it depends on the group that is at the resort at the time.

To the OP--as you mentioned the island, if going AN is something you want to try, then CSA does not offer this option. We love CTI, not just for the island, but because of the peace and serenity of the private beach. It is a small beach, but the resort is located in a cove so there are no neighboring resorts and no one on the beach except the staff and guests for CTI. Also the only watersports are those from CTI, so no jet skis or parasailers out front.
    Vicky

Thanks for all the help! I'm leaning toward CSA now Has anyone been to CN?

If you want romance CSA all the way, it as you know is very romantic and I feel far superior to CTI evem with the renovations, we were at CSA last month and are already planning a trip back!

Just came back from trip #4 to CSA, enough said!!!

We had a tough time deciding for our honeymoon also but settled on CSA for the sunsets. Definitely a great decision. We`re returning to Jamaica again this summer and checking out CTI.

CSA for sure! I have been to both and thought I had replied to this thread already, but anyway.....I've been to both and CSA is much better as far as I'm concerned. CTI is very hotel like and has a super small beach. CSA has an endless white sand beach with crystal clear blue water that goes on forever. You can walk the beach either way forever and get the vibe of the locals. It's so romantic and beautiful. You have to go to CSA. You will love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Margi View Post
    CSA for sure! I have been to both and thought I had replied to this thread already, but anyway.....I've been to both and CSA is much better as far as I'm concerned. CTI is very hotel like and has a super small beach. CSA has an endless white sand beach with crystal clear blue water that goes on forever. You can walk the beach either way forever and get the vibe of the locals. It's so romantic and beautiful. You have to go to CSA. You will love it!
    CSA may have an endless beach, but is have vendors, other resorts, jet skies and a lot of noise. Bigger is not always better.
    Irie Mon

oops...double post
    Last edited by wileeandrr; May 15th, 2011 at 09:02 AM.

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

I thought you could go to the island at CTI after 5 PM for the nonAN folks?

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

My opinion would be to choose CTI...CTI is an awesome resort..My wife Peggy and I have throughly enjoyed CTI but having done two Trading Places Days to CSA we were not impressed with CSA.

Hugs

"CTI is very hotel like"--last time I was at a hotel, it didn't have 4 places to choose to eat dinner, a spa, 3 pools, swim up bars, piano bar, room service, cat cruise---- and the list goes on.

Haven't been to Negril in too many years too think about, but we are making trip #5 to CTI in July with #6 book--'nuf said.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by wileeandrr View Post
    I thought you could go to the island at CTI after 5 PM for the nonAN folks?
    No it closes at 4:30--5. You have to take a boat to get to the island and water sports closes at 5. I think you have it mixed up with SSB which is at CSS and does open at 5 for non au naturel so that individuals can view the Sunset.
    Vicky

Smiley854, we did the trading places to CNegril and was not impressed with anything but the large pool. The beach felt small and crowded. CSA all the way.

You are all awesome. Thanks for all your input. I am in the process of booking CSA as I speak. We can't wait! We'll try another place(maybe). But not for our honeymoon! Thanks again!