Default CSA was so romantic, perfect honeymoon spot

My husband Jim and I spent our honeymoon at CSA in April, it was so romantic, our BFVS was literally four feet from the beach and about 20 feet from one of the beach bars! The sunsets were amazing, the water warm with gentle swells, the staff so friendly and polite. The food was excellent and the snorkeling was amazing and I am a big chicken to open water due to fear of sharks. But it was a beatuiful snorkeling spot and when it was time to get out of the water I wasn't ready! If anyone is considering any of the couples spots for honeymoon or a romantic time, CSA is the way to go, our travel agent has been to all the resorts and said the beaches on the Negril side are the truly white sands, and the water was clear and gorgeous, and he was absolutely right. Everything was close and there was some shopping down the beach and bars to hang out with the locals! We never left the resort, and the beds are so comfortable, and the air conditioners were fantastic, we like cold when we sleep and it was cold. Check out the gift store at CSA very resonable prices. Hope you love it as much as we did, we are saving for our next trip. One tip, don't fly in on a Saturday Customs is very busy and we had a two hour wait to get through! Have fun.

So glad to hear your review Kara and sounds like everything went great! We are going to CSA Dec of 2012 for our very first time so we are learning everything from this message board. What was your room # and guessing you would recommend that room! We are staying in the BFVS too so just looking for what people feel like is the best room choice and then asking for it when we get there and hopefully its available! Congratulations on your wedding and look forward to my wedding there!

Sigh - glad you enjoyed one of the most romantic places on earth!! Happy 1 month-ish anniversary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerfans View Post
    So glad to hear your review Kara and sounds like everything went great! We are going to CSA Dec of 2012 for our very first time so we are learning everything from this message board. What was your room # and guessing you would recommend that room! We are staying in the BFVS too so just looking for what people feel like is the best room choice and then asking for it when we get there and hopefully its available! Congratulations on your wedding and look forward to my wedding there!
    All the BFVS are literally steps from the beach, you will step off your verandah into the sand. They are located in buildings with 12 rooms each, three floors and four rooms per floor. Which floor you prefer really is a personal choice. We had a first floor room and loved it because we liked spending time on our verandah, we spent one entire day there and didn't go to the beach that day at all. However, you do sacrifice some privacy as the main sidewalk passes right in front of your verandah so if you are outside or in your room with curtains open people can see you as the natural tendancy of folks as they walk is to look around at whatever there is to see...YOU! Others really like those upper floors for that very reason, the increased privacy. The sacrifice you make there is that you have to walk up the stairs to get to your room. The views are gorgeous from each just a different perspective. I had read this message board for months and months and couldn't decide which we would prefer so since you can't request a room ahead of time anyway, only at check-in can you ask what's available, we just decided to wing it an see what we'd get. We loved our room but I think we would have loved any of them, for a first timer I'd suggest trying it that way.

Wow that scares me - a two hour wait at customs when you arrive?? We're leaving this Sat. hopefully it will be a bit better than that. Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time though - still seems like a dream to me and can't believe we will be there soon!

Default Csa was perfect

We just got back from CSA on Saturday! It was totaly amazing..... Everything described above and more. We also stayed in the BFVS and loved it. We never even turned on the tv once. I must say the food was also amazing and I have to give it up for the people of Jamaica. I know it is their job at couples to be nice to you but it was way more than that. I felt as if I was appart of a big family and they had known me for years. The view from our room was breathtaking and I loved waking up to it every morning.

P.S soonerfan are you from OK ?

robin1373 you bet'cha we are and actually from Yukon, Oklahoma. are you trying to tell me that you might live somewhere around here? robin, we have like 18 months before we leave so it literally kills me to get on here and read everyones reviews but I just have to do itand want to do it and praying that time flies by soooo fast! I am one of those girls that has to have the tv on at night just for a little bit to wind down. we had booked the BFS first and then my fiance who knows me oh sooo well said I think we should change it to the BFVS so you will have a tv and I had to think about it cause I really wanted to stay in the BFS's but finally had to agree that to play it safe it might be best to get the BFVS! I cant wait to go and experience everything you all have seen and done and heck tasted!! Glad you had a good and safe trip!!

Thank you Sherry for all the wonderful advice! I see you post on here quite often and always try to read your post knowing that you have experienced alot and are always very helpful to so many questions! I am one of those girls that wants to be in the middle of everything and loves crowds so I have always been the more the merrier kind of girl so I already know that I want the bottom floor so we can mingle with people as they walk by! I just dont see myself wanting to be on the 2nd or 3rd floor but who knows. Again thanks for the great advice!

Soonerfans we live in Del City and my sister lives there in the yukon/ mustang area.. We booked in Sep 2010 for our trip in May 2011 and the wait killed us as well lol. The only thing that seem to help was reading this message board every day. I fould a lot of good information on here. The only thing I did not listen to was not to pack too much. We had 4 checked bags, two carryons and a laptop lol. We went through customs when we got there and the lady even told us we packed too much lol. I got a lot of ideas from the I wish I would have thought of that thread. I will say we also used the space bags to vacuum seal our clothes on the way down. They make a new kind that you can vacuum or roll the air out of. This gave us more space on the way home to bring back lots of Rum Crean and Coffee. Well that and we had six bags heheh. i hope you guys have an amazing trip and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.. Ya Mon

Well Robin man you just live a hop, skip and a jump from us! my fiance and I were reading your reply and had to giggle when you said you had 4 checked bags, 2 carry on's and a laptop cause we so see that being us! I keep thinking we dont need to take much but oh my we will be gone 21 nights so thinking we are going to need lots of clothes but I always over pack for any vacation! I keep looking at that thread but we have so long before we leave that I figure it will change in the next year and a half! the vacuum bags sound great and that will be a must to take and thanks for that idea! maybe one of these years we will be at the same resort at the same time!! Lets be friends cause I do have lots to ask!!! Have a great day and go Thunder!!!

Soonerfans wow 21 nights!!! Jealous lol I would have to pack 4 checked bags just for me.. You will have a wonderfull time and I agree I am sure that thread will change before next Dec. I think we are planning on going back to CSA next April or July. If you have any questions feel free to email me at robin1373@hotmail.com. The Thunder Rocks