Thread: Margaritaville

Default Margaritaville

We just returned from Cn. We had an amazing time. However the trip to Margarittaville was a disaster. First the resort tells you that you will receive a tall cup upon entering margaritaville . We were told first drink was free That we just had to pay for refills. That is not the case. They charges us $52 for the "Free" drinks. It took us a while to fight it. It did work out in the end. The other thing with this place is there is a playground in the bar . Kids were running around. We took the first bus back. That was the only bad part of our honeymoon.

Yeah we walked down there from CSA and walked around and walked BACK, didnt even buy a drink, wasnt worth it.

Try Rick's on the cliffs next time. You wont get a free drink and will pay for the ride up there, but unlike M'ville, it's a destination worth going.

Go to Rockhouse next time!

Margaritaville is the worst tourist trap out there regardless of the country. We have one here in New Orleans. I wouldn't want to visit one while in Jamaica. And the idea of being forced to listen to Jimmy Buffet would kill my buzz.
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain" - Bob Marley

Is there an excursion to Rick's or is it best to go on your own? Thanks!

Margarittaville is very expensive, but it can be fun. They give you big cup type thing for drinks when you get there & it is expensive to fill ($52 does not seem far off the mark). The cocktails are strong, but not as good as couples ones. I think the second time we went we just stuck to red stripes

Mrs H, check with the tour desk but I think the shuttle left at 4pm and it was 15 dollars Per person round trip. It's very expensive also but it is a place to see once.

Not a big fan of his "restaurant" , but I have been listening to Jimmy B. since the mid-seventies. Someone must have paid him huge to use his name on those places.

does anyone know if the margaritaville (near csa) has a gift shop. i guess i'm one of the few people on this message board who actually likes margaritaville. i make it a point to get a tee shirt every margaritaville i go to.

Everytime I walk by they are not playing Jimmy Buffet but loud techno club/rap type music. Yuck.
    You can walk there from CSA. Very short walk. Tree House beach bar a little further down is way better.

We usually hit Margaritaville at the airport on the way home for one last drink in Jamaica. Its not as much fun as the Negril or Ocho Rios ones but it will do. We did have a good time at Rick's. A group of us went for sunset a couple of years ago. The drinks aren't too bad, by US standards, maybe $5-6. We were back to CN in time for dinner. I would go back someday and recommend it as a must do at least once kind of thing.

@ markjennwedding I'm the same as you guys! gotta walk away with a t-shirt everytime!! so I will walk to Margarittaville one day so I can come back with a sack full of goodies to take home!!

Quote Originally Posted by markjennwedding View Post
    does anyone know if the margaritaville (near csa) has a gift shop. i guess i'm one of the few people on this message board who actually likes margaritaville. i make it a point to get a tee shirt every margaritaville i go to.
    They do have a gift shop, but it is really pricey. We found out that the Margaritaville in the Montego Bay airport has cheaper shirts and items in it than the one in Negril. We did walk down from CSA, and the walk there and back was very interesting if you like being approached every second! LOL We couldn't wait to get back to the relaxation of the resort! We did have two hurricane's and a quesadilla...was pretty good.