Default CSS Weather Dec or Jan?

Is there a big difference in the weather pattern between mid Dec vs mid Jan? We were at CSS last Dec and had some rain most days. We heard Jan is drier. Any thoughts?

The rain did not chase us off SSB. But if a few weeks later booking makes for a drier week. So much the better.

Been in December and January. I think it just depends on the weather for that week. We've had great weather and rainy. Just book when you want to go. Remember mid-December is still FILA rates which are much better than January rates.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We've gone in mid January for several years now, and I'd describe it like this: a short shower on most days, usually in the evening, along with one day each week where it's overcast and rains on-and-off all day.

I don't know what December's like.

Weather can vary a lot though, so you really never know until you arrive.

The weather we had last year in December (4th-12th) was the coolest and wettest we had in 3 years. But, if you recall everyone was having that type of weather (look at Florida and Texas). We have always had great weather, maybe 1 day with a little rain. Other than last year it was never enough to keep us off of SSB.
    Linda

Hi - I think last Dec. was not normal weather for Jamaica or anywhere. We were there for 13 days and probably had 3 nice days. Lots of rain and very very cold. I froze at breakfast and in the eve (as I did not pack any sweatshirts, sweatpants, etc.) We were there for the coldest day Jamaica has ever seen. One day we were in Jamaica, it was only 8 degrees celsius in Cuba. Not normal at all.

We are booked for the same timeframe this year - Dec. 3rd for 13 weeks - and are hoping for nothing but heat and sunshine.

You never really know - weather is so unpredictable.

I just don't think you should base your decision on last Dec.'s weather. We thought of Jan., but the prices were much less in Dec.
    If you choose early Dec., it will be nothing but hot hot hot and sunny as I will start doing my sun dance in Canada 2 weeks before we go!

We thought it was actually a bit hotter and more humid last December, but not miserable... it's our favorite time of year to go (December). We are booked for this December as well.