Default Can I bring alcohol from the US to Jamaica?

Hello everyone,

My husband and I will be in CSA in a few weeks and I wanted to bring my favorite bottle of champagne to celebrate our vacation but I'm not sure if I can bring it? Does anyone know the rules.

Thanks

Cassy

In your checked luggage you can bring it.

I might be a little worried that the bags might not be in a pressurized area on the plane. On some planes the baggage compartment is pressurized and on some it is not. It would worry me that the bottle of champagne might pop if it were not in a pressurized cabin. Even if it were wrapped up, that could really make a mess of the other items in the bag.

Just something to think about.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Yes, you can put this in your checked baggage. However, if you have a stop over you can purchase a bottle at the Duty Free shop, thus you can carry this in hand - just a thought to ponder.

check your airline's website. it will tell you everything you can and cannot bring. As for Champagne, I don't know of the plane pressure and carbonation would be a problem...?

Besides... the champaigne flows pretty freely at Couples...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

A few years ago we stayed in a villa and brought our own vodka. Just put it in your checked bag and protect it from being broken.

Anyone brought those little bottles of booze in carry on? Not that I would...just curious

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Quote Originally Posted by wileeandrr View Post
    Anyone brought those little bottles of booze in carry on? Not that I would...just curious
    As long as they are 3 oz or less and fit in your 1qt bag, you can bring them. HOWEVER, most airlines will not allow you to consume your own alcohol on the flights--just in case that is what your "friend" is thinking.
    Vicky

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

I carry the 3oz bottles through security and then buy a diet coke past security before I get on the plane and discreetly mix my drink BEFORE boarding the plane. I have my rum and diet coke for the flight in a diet coke bottle, problem solved. "technically against the rules" but as long as you are not drunk and stupid what they don't know will not hurt them.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeandrr View Post
    The link is not working.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Quote Originally Posted by EricW View Post
    I carry the 3oz bottles through security and then buy a diet coke past security before I get on the plane and discreetly mix my drink BEFORE boarding the plane. I have my rum and diet coke for the flight in a diet coke bottle, problem solved. "technically against the rules" but as long as you are not drunk and stupid what they don't know will not hurt them.

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmon View Post
    The link is not working.
    See if this will work...

CSS 2010
    CN 2011

this was a good one...lmao wileeandrr...irie mon...lol