Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zip Lining?

Default Zip Lining?

Good Morning Everyone!

I was just wondering is there any excursions near CSA that you can go zip lining at?

Thank you so much!
    - Brooke

There are two places that I know of. They are both close to MoBay so it is a little over an hour each way but well worth it! We did the Chukka zip line which we booked thru viator.com and got an awesome rate, $130 for both of us including transportation. It's a great half day trip!

You can zip line at YS Falls. I haven't been yet but it looks pretty cool and I think the excursion desk can help you plan it.

www.ysfalls.com

Have fun!!

If I understand the concept correctly, the zipline at YSFalls is a "one-stop" line. Those who have experienced this activity elsewhere might be disappointed with it.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

this site might help...http://www.viator.com/Negril/d433-ttd
    -Otter,

We zip lined at YS Falls, the trip was all day but it also included a boat ride on the Black River, lunch and the Appleton Rum factory tour. It was a lot of fun.

IsagenixFreak, That is the link we used! Awesome trip! I believe there are 9 different zip lines 3 of them cross the Great River! The guides joke around with you and make sure you have a great time but take saftey VERY seriously! I would recommend it to anyone!

Thanks Guys!
    Hey mjcape, do you remember how much the day trip was and did you set this up at the resort or online?
    Thanks,
    Brooke

Quote Originally Posted by photochick View Post
    IsagenixFreak, That is the link we used! Awesome trip! I believe there are 9 different zip lines 3 of them cross the Great River! The guides joke around with you and make sure you have a great time but take saftey VERY seriously! I would recommend it to anyone!
    Thanks! We are going to do it for sure! We have some friends that are going to meet us at CSA and they want to do it also!!
    -Otter,

becktini2,

I don't remember how much the tour cost but it wasn't any more than any other tour and we booked right at the hotel. YS Falls has three zip lines, one small one that takes you across the waterfall, a large one that takes you down the fall and then another one back across. We also rented tubes and went down the river at YS Falls - it was a great day!

If anyone is doing this over Aug 25-Sept 2 - we'd LOVE to join them!!

Default Ziplining!!

From CSA we did the one that was named like "Ziplining Adventures Jamaica" or something like that. We made reservations at the desk with Jackie once we were there.. We had a blast it is very fun and completely safe plus the ride up into the mountains is great to see a little bit of the country. They claim to have the longest line in the Caribbean at 1600' I think there are 6 total and they are all pretty long except the first one to get you used to it.

I would definitely recommend it, we left at 8am and were back for lunch so it is not something that will take up an entire day.

lovinlagers - thanks for keeping the august CSA list updated. We;re coming in aug 30. Hope to see you there. email djspa1@aol.com regarding zipline

georgiahawkeye- check your e-mail!

No problem with the updating - we'd really like to meet other couples at CSA so I figured that'd be a great way to meet people even before going!

Thanks for posting the viator link.I just booked our trip on 8/23. We saved almost $70.00

how much do the zip lines run for if you purchase 'tickets' in Jamaica?

Quote Originally Posted by d.shelden View Post
    Thanks for posting the viator link.I just booked our trip on 8/23. We saved almost $70.00
    If I book this route (through VIATOR) and the day needs changing (weather or conflicting plans) is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by photochick View Post
    There are two places that I know of. They are both close to MoBay so it is a little over an hour each way but well worth it! We did the Chukka zip line which we booked thru viator.com and got an awesome rate, $130 for both of us including transportation. It's a great half day trip!
    Got really excited about this after reading the post. Booked online for the ziplining on viator. We are staying at CSS. Paid in full. And the tour indicates that it picks up from our hotel in OR. However, when I asked a question on the forum to the customer service, they indicated we have to make our own way to Montego Bay. Even though the trip indicates clearly (as does my receipt) that I have pick up in Ocho.
    Not what I'd hoped for. Any suggestions?

SunFun... Were you on the Chukka forum? If you book directly with Chukka transportation from Negril or OR is NOT included only from hotels in MoBay. But if you booked with Viator it is included. Maybe that is why they said you had to make your own way to MoBay. That is the main reason we booked with Viator! It was going to cost $80/each plus $25 or $35 each for transportation. Just make sure you call them when you get to the resort and comfirm with them.

I was on the Viator customer service email (and their email repsonse was from Viator). However, my receipt clearly indicates transfers to/from hotel.

So, with the confidence you have given me photochick, I will presume this to be booked with transportation and will have the resort confirm upon my arrival.

Thanks for putting me at ease, however I wonder why Viator isn't confirming what we believe to be true.

Oh... I would call them and double check. We didn't have any problems with them and if it says round trip transportation from OR then you should be set. Like I said I would double check just for peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by mjcape View Post
    We zip lined at YS Falls, the trip was all day but it also included a boat ride on the Black River, lunch and the Appleton Rum factory tour. It was a lot of fun.
    I would like to book this excursion, that is right up my alley and all the places I havent been except zip lining. Do you have details on the company? How to book when I get there? That sounds like a great package!

Thanks

If anyone reading this thread about zip-lining is a bit worried about trying it, don't be. My wife and I just turned 50 and went zip-lining for the first time this past June in Punta Cana. Just sign up and go. We are in decent shape but trust me, some of the folks on our excursion weren't and they had no issues. It is something that has to be on your bucket list and then crossed off. We are headed to CSA (158 days to go) and will be looking into zipping again.
    Please don't let physical worries get in your way, I have had full rotator cuff surgery and have had over a dozen dislocations of my left shoulder and still had no problem MON !

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfun View Post
    I was on the Viator customer service email (and their email repsonse was from Viator). However, my receipt clearly indicates transfers to/from hotel.

So, with the confidence you have given me photochick, I will presume this to be booked with transportation and will have the resort confirm upon my arrival.

Thanks for putting me at ease, however I wonder why Viator isn't confirming what we believe to be true.
    As a follow up, Viator got in touch with me and confirmed it does indeed pick up at CSS.

We will be @ CTI Jan. 13-18th I really want to go Zip Lining. Can I take a small digital camera or pack a small day pack? - Last visit to CSS I heard about River Tubing in the mountains. Do you folks know anything about this? I am counting down the hours till we arrive at Tower Isle!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast