Hybrid View

Default CSS penthouse suite???

Headed to CSS at the end of july!!!! I have booked a penthouse suite, from the sound of the reviews block D & G sounds like the best. The Prime Minister Suite is a possible upgrade, does anyone know the difference between the 2? Thanks so much!!!

We would also like to know which Penthouse Suites are the best. We have always stayed in a Beachfront suite and decided for next year to try a Penthouse suite. We would prefer to not be too close to the entertainment if possible. I realize we cannot request in advance but would like to know what the best is with what is available when we arrive.

Hello,
    I've stayed in Penthouse Suites in Block D and E. I don't think there are penthouses in G. The D Block penthouses have the larger balconies, and I think the the Prime Minister's Suite has the great views, large balcony, and and jacuzzi tub. Someone who has had the great fortune to stay in the PM Suite will have the greatest insight. I just feel truly blessed that my husband and I have the opportunity to come to CSS and stay in any Penthouse Suite.

When do you come in July? We will be there from July 20-28!

All the best,
    suzyq

suzyq, thanks so much for the info. looks like we'll miss you by 1 day. my college finals end july 28 we fly out the 29th.have a safe and wonderful trip : )
    Quote Originally Posted by suzyQ View Post
    Hello,
    I've stayed in Penthouse Suites in Block D and E. I don't think there are penthouses in G. The D Block penthouses have the larger balconies, and I think the the Prime Minister's Suite has the great views, large balcony, and and jacuzzi tub. Someone who has had the great fortune to stay in the PM Suite will have the greatest insight. I just feel truly blessed that my husband and I have the opportunity to come to CSS and stay in any Penthouse Suite.

When do you come in July? We will be there from July 20-28!

All the best,
    suzyq

We stayed in E Block penthouse suite in January. We had the corner suite closest to D Block, so furthest from the Baloon Bar. It was very nice. The bathroom was nothing like the bathroom in the Beachfront Jacuzzi Suite we had last year, but the view from the balcony certainly made up for that. We found the penthouse to be quieter overall and we enjoyed the more centralized location. We have booked a penthouse again for next year and we are hoping for D Block this time, just for a different view.

We recently stayed in the penthouse suite in E-12. While it did not have a large balcony or jacuzzi tub (just a toilet, sink and tub/shower), it had an AMAZING view. Simply amazing. It was kitty-korner from the entertainment by the balloon bar, but we enjoyed listening to the band.

If you want quiet, try to get in the D block - we had a penthouse with an awesome view in block E (E12) but we were right next the balloon bar and the nights were not quiet. The other side of the block might not be so noisy but our bedroom window was right over the bar.

Although they don't take requests, we emailed them a few days before and indicated we would prefer block D or E and why. They said they would do their best. To our good fortune we got put into the Hibiscus Cottage as they overbooked and picked a repeater to upgrade.

Good luck.

We stayed in a penthouse in E block last month ... Loved the space and the view from our balcony ... Was quiet even near the balloon bar ... At times felt like we were alone at the resort. Bathroom was small yet serviceable ... Spent more time in the living room than I would have thought, reading. The balcony wasn't as private or as large as the ones on D block ... Yet we had the best time yet ... Really relaxed! Didn't want to go back to the States!
    Sarah (& Baxter)
    CN 2009; CTI 2010; CSS 2011;
    CN 2012; CTI 2013

Thanks so much for your responses. We really appreciate it. We really loved the Beachfront Suite and the location but just thought it would be nice to try something new and say WE STAYED IN THE PENTHOUSE.

We were in Roger Moore this year and Steve McQueen last year both of which are in D block. We had the opportunity to see a Penthouse suite in E this year thanks to the lovely gentleman at the front desk. (Cannot remember his name right now) The penthouse suites are only in D & E. We were both surprised at the E suites. They did not seem as large and they didn't have as much privacy on the balcony. But the views are gorgeous and quite honestly any room at CSS is a good one! Next year we'r e spending our money and staying an extra day in a different room. Everyone who is a CSS fan should have the opportunity to stay in a D block penthouse at least once. It is truly a treat and we were just blown away that we had the suites we did both times. The music in the evening is a lot louder in E block since it is right next to the Balloon Bar so if you go to bed early that may be a problem. To get to the suites in D block you have to be ready to climb a lot of stairs! There is no break coming up from the beach so it is quite a workout. Not necessarily a bad thing at an all inclusive. I think it was 89 steps from the beach to Roger Moore. Either way its a treat to be in a penthouse.