Default Blue Mountain Coffee

My soon to be father-in-law is a bit of a coffee connoisseur and I was wanting to bring back some Blue Mountain Coffee. How much should I expect to spend at MBJ or at someplace in Ocho Rios per pound? Any particular brand I should look for?

$25.00-$27.00 per lb. when we were last there in January. There is a real nice Blue Mountain Coffee store in MBJ with a variety of options. It's well worth it. Best on the planet in my opinion.

You'll probably get the best price at the airport. When we were there in April it was about $29/lb. There are different brands available. Be sure that there is a seal certifying it is true Blue Mountain coffee.

If you buy in the airport you will be guaranteed authentic Blue Mountain and can expect to pay about $25 per pound. We always wait to buy in the airport. If you want to buy on the shopping trip you'll want to know what to look for. Here is a link to the Jamaica Coffee Industry Board for some interesting reading and to get you up to speed.

http://www.ciboj.org/cib/

The one at couples is good but pricey (unless you have a resort credit). Otherwise we have been buying Jablum Blue Mountain coffee for the last 20+ years going to Jamaica.

I suggest going to Taj Mahal. There is a store right in the middle as you come in off the main street. Tell them you were recommended there by Sue in Canada who has been shopping a lot. If you buy multiple bags or coffee and liquor - you can get a pound for $15. (Barter with them).

Good luck

We've always managed to get it for about $18 lb during one of our shopping trips. And yes, it had the official government stamp of approval. No need to pay more than $20 lb ... ever, IMO.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

We always buy Blue Mountain coffee in town. We have never paid more than $16/lb. The more you buy the better the price they will give you. We usually bring home 8 to 10 lbs of coffee and try to make it last until the next trip. Never pay full price. If they say $24/lb, offer 15 and go from there.