Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Has anyone not liked it???

I am starting to wrap my mind around attemping to try the AN experience. A year ago this thought would be so unthinkable to me, but after reading so many posts on how people enjoy it so much,I feel like I have to try it at least once. Ok, you have all convinced me to try it, but realistically do you know anyone that has not liked it, or been able to go through with it. My husband thinks I am nuts for even wanting to try it. He can't believe that I even want to because I am such a prude, but now if I don't try it, I will feel like I am missing out. Has anone not liked it???

For years my husband would say "I can't wait to get you to a nude beach" and I just totally blew him off because he's not a water person so I figured I would never have to worry about it. Well last year he decided to surprise me for our 25th anniversary with a trip to Couples. He researched many different resorts in many different areas/countries and decided on CSS. He picked CSS mainly because of SSB. To say I was nervous is an understatement. But after reading all the posts on this message board over and over again, I agreed to give it a try with one condition. We would go to SSB the first morning and give it 30 minutes. If either of us was uncomfortable or uneasy, we would leave. Needless to say, we never left that day and went back every day afterwards. We never made it to the textile beach or pool except for the beach party dinner!

There is a saying you will see on the board....once you go, you know. It is sooo true! Once you are laying in the warm sun next to the one you love with the warm breeze blowing across your body you will know!

I suggest giving it a try just like I did. We cannot wait to get back to CSS and SSB!!!!

No one I've met.

We haven't heard of too many not liking it but we seem to recall there having been one or two who said it wasn't for them.

We have met several people who like both experiences and spend some of their days textile and some of their days AN but most people we have met AN find that once they try AN they really prefer AN.

Let us know how you find the experience.

ENJOY!!!

AN is not for everyone, but you won't know if it's for you until you try. We did and found it to be very natural and relaxing. Like others on the message board have said, try it on the 1st or 2nd day so it you like it you can do more. And if you don't like it you've got nothing to lose as the textile beaches are just as nice.

We got to CTI and yes, we have seen couples come over and pretty much turn around and go right back. Not often, but it does happen. No one will pay any attention unless the couple causes a big "too doo" while there. I am like you "prudish" and yet, something about the island is just relaxing and rejuvenating.
    Vicky

Our last trip (CTI) we saw a couple that was apparently "new". The wife refused to take her bottoms off and when she finally did she seemed angry. It also didn't help they did all this around the pool (its the most sociable part of the island) 20 minutes later they left. The following day they came back again! She was much more relaxed and at the end of the day we asked the couple "why the change of heart?" She said she just got very uptight and nervous but putting her clothes back on didn't help so she decided to give it another try. They we're there every day after and may not have ever left Our advice for your 1st time: pick a secluded spot and ease into it. If you've thought about it this much there is no doubt you will love it!

This an interesting post! I started the 'feedback after your vacation' thread in order that others might be able to express their post vacation feelings on the matter. It seems to be a very popular thread (third page now and still growing!) but it is interesting to see that there are no negative views about AN. It isn't surprising but it is interesting. I accept that those who didnt like it are unlikely to post feedback as it might seem a bit of a snub to those who were 'converted' who who just plain love the freedom.

When my wife and I were in CSS last November there was an English couple who came down to SSB, disrobed and took a quiet spot. Older lady, younger man. Within an hour they had packed up and walked off. Literally five minutes later they were back. Someone must have had a change of mind but they were there everyday thereafter!

Anyhoo, we loved the feeling of freedom from clothing. There is, of course, a hint of a scintilla of an iota of a degree of sexual frisson due to the fact that everyone is naked. How could there not be? But the fact is that this is always between the couples, not between the entire occupants of the AN area. The mere idea of chatting with people in the buff is, indeed, slightly off-piste from normal everyday stuff of ordinary folk, as it were, but the fact is that society leads us to believe that nakedness is not quite the done thing. Well, it isn't is it! And that is why we like the rather 'naughty' feeling that one gets when partaking in AN sunbathing. Believe me, it is, as others have said here already, like 7 hours of foreplay!

There will always be detractors but I suspect that they stay away from the AN section of the Couples website. to the OP, there is no need to be brave as it is not scary. It will be but minutes before you realise that people are not staring at your bits (nothwithstanding 'sneaky peeks'!), they do not judge and they are nearly always ready to welcome you, no matter what shape or size you are. Once the clothes are off you have only your personality to fall back on. However, if you chose to avoid the pool areas and sit 'to the right', then that's fine too. It is a very laissez faire society at the AN beach.

Finally, once you have 'vacationed' please revisit the website and let us know on the 'feedback after your vacation' thread how you got on. I am confident that you will provide an excellent report on how wonderful it was and how much you are in love with your partner again!

Loved CTI and CSS even more. Didn't care for CN the beach was WAY too public! Just depends on the facility I guess.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Last August at SSB was our fist AN experience, and we loved it. SSB (and the friends we made there) are the main reason we're headed back again this year. I only remember talking to one couple from that week that tried it and decided it wasn't for them. SSB is pretty big/private though, and there may be more that came and left unnoticed.

It looks like we will be at CSS the same time you are. Hopefully we'll meet you there

Was there last week. AN was new to both of us. We ended up splitting time between AN and Textile. Liked both. I didn't push the AN too hard as I knew she wanted to visit with her g/fs who were strictly textile limited. After our 2nd AN visit, I noticed she was the one who would suggest going to the AN side. So, I know she got pretty comfy with it. Since our return home, she's been telling people about Couples and the AN experience. She also told me [day #4, I think] that we WERE coming back next year.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Vickyj is the Island greeter. If you are not comfortable near the pool she will bring drinks to your chair for you. Miss you Vicky j

Quote Originally Posted by BobnMary View Post
    Vickyj is the Island greeter. If you are not comfortable near the pool she will bring drinks to your chair for you. Miss you Vicky j
    The "island greeter", hmm news to me. And we are not the traitors!
    Vicky

Johnniem, 7 hours of forplay, its worth the risk, if that is the reward LOL. Thank you all for taking the time to post, and reassure others. I wil definitely post a reviwe of my experience after I return in August.

BTW: VickyJ also used to give expert lessons/demonstrations on how to get in and out of the TI boat , .....a duty that I assume has been eliminated with the addition of the island's terrific looking dock! Its a crying shame that we can't seem to get our visits coordinated anymore. We luv and miss y'all both,
    Cindy & Randy

"Traitors"? (LOL) Hmm....I wonder if Spidey and the rest of us old TI vets might better fit the labels: "Opportunists or Mercenaries".

Only place I didn't like it was CN WAY to public for for me but Tower Island and especially Sunset beach rock!
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

That is great to hear because we are going to San Souci for 5 nights then on to CN for 7. I have a feeling I will be more like you. Thanks for your honesty.

At CN, there are always some folks just on the other side of the fence, the "maybe crowd". Sometimes, one of the couple is on nude side of the fence, and the other is clothed on the other side of the line (one foot away). It is blast to see a "maybe" couple cross the threshold, because we all remember that first time, which for most of us, is something of a freakout.

Probably people who don't like it aren't on this section of the board, but we've seen people for whom it didn't work out. Everything from head shaking and walking away, to theatrics.

The best advice is found frequently on this board - go early, find your spot, and get naked. Bring a book, and try to relax and read it. After awhile, you'll probably realize that it's OK, lighting will not strike you down, and hey, it's pretty cool that your soulmate is buck naked on a lounge chair next to you.

@ Randy--see what you're missing--me falling out of the boat. Actually not happened since. We have tried CSS twice, but you weren't there. So the last time, we got a cab went back to CTI.
    Vicky

Just remember.... We're all AN under our clothes. We all have the same parts (ok, guys have same part as guys, etc.) And, I know what parts you have. So, get out and enjoy the sun and the company. And, soak up some extra Vitamin D while you're at it.

We were at TI for the first time at Christmas 2009. It took several days for me to work up the courage to go to the island, but we did spend the better part of the day out there. We went a second day, and then I chickened out another day, and the last day we were not able to get out there because of rough seas. We just returned from our second trip to TI, and spent much of our time on the island. I was a bit uptight again before we got there, but once we were there I was all for it.

The first time, I told my husband we had to go the quietest, most secluded spot. I would suggest this to anyone who wants to give it try but is nervous. I think wearing sunglasses also helped, for some strange reason.

I'm a heavyset woman and was very worried about creeping people out because I'm fat--everyone was very, very kind and we had a great time chatting with everyone and drinking ourselves silly :-)

I can't wait to go back, and I'm looking forward to being back on the AN beach at TI!

Going AN is horrible, especially at SSB. DON'T GO, STAY AWAY, STICK WITH THE PUBLIC BEACH. Now, we only say that so it is not so crowded when we go. And, we do spend most of our time at SSB. But that does not mean you have to come and take our chairs!!!!!! LOL

( And, we do spend most of our time at SSB. But that does not mean you have to come and take our chairs!!!!!! LOL )

Now that is a friendly message!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by U.N.C.L.E.Agent View Post
    BTW: VickyJ also used to give expert lessons/demonstrations on how to get in and out of the TI boat , .....a duty that I assume has been eliminated with the addition of the island's terrific looking dock! Its a crying shame that we can't seem to get our visits coordinated anymore. We luv and miss y'all both,
    Cindy & Randy

"Traitors"? (LOL) Hmm....I wonder if Spidey and the rest of us old TI vets might better fit the labels: "Opportunists or Mercenaries".
    It was the 'having to get of the island at 4.45 everyday that ruined it for us !! SSB - you can sit there until the sun goes down and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyAndrsn View Post
    The first time, I told my husband we had to go the quietest, most secluded spot. I would suggest this to anyone who wants to give it try but is nervous. I think wearing sunglasses also helped, for some strange reason.
    My husband and I will be trying AN at CTI for the first time in December 2012. I went and special ordered sunglasses that the lenses are tinted as dark as possible because somehow I think this will help clam my nerves! Glad I'm not the only one In my mind, if someone can't see my eyes then I'm invisible! lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast