Default Leaving Saturday (5/21) for CTI, Few questions...

My girlfriend and I are leaving very early Saturday morning for CTI. This will be our first time out of the U.S. so we're really excited. I should mention that these forums have helped us out a ton so far and we really appreciate that; so thank you. My questions below have been answered before but apparently I'm useless at searching right now, I couldn't find them.

We plan to stay on the resort at most times taking part in resort activities and meeting people. The only outside adventures that we may take part in would be a shopping trip; and we're looking at a couples massage as well.

With that said...

1.) How much cash is generally thought to be sufficient to have on-hand. I know with a shopping trip this answer is subjective, but any help would be appreciated.

2.) Can we charge the massage to a credit card instead of carrying that much more cash? I know tipping for this is allowed/appreciated and should be cash.

3.) With the whole idea of a week of relaxation, I didn't think to put together any more than one collared shirt. I have read about dress codes and it seems like I should be fine with decent shorts and a t-shirt for most breakfast/lunch meals but do all dinner restraunts require collared shirts or better?

Thanks in advance!

Robert Seal

1...we generally take ones, fives, tens, twenties.....about 200 to 300
    2...I do believe so
    3...no, just the ones w/ reservations/fancy...get some nice tropical collared shirts! I got some for hubby from here......
    www.carribeancoolwear.com
    Have fun!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Hi Robert!
    Be sure to bring small demoninations because if you pay with large bills, you'll get Jamaican dollars back.
    You should keep some small bills for tipping the drivers/etc for any excursions such as the shopping trip or Dunns River Falls. Also at the airport, most people pay the porter $1 per bag and the bus driver $10.
    The spa accepts credit cards no problem. One thing we appreciated was that while at the resort, our wallets and cash stayed locked in our safe. Even the 2 gift shops didn't need cash, as your purchases could be charged to your room.
    For dinner attire, my husband wore nice golf shirts and long pants plus closed toe shoes at the Eight Rivers, and dress shorts and hawaiin print shirt and nice sandals for the other restaurants.
    Enjoy your time and CTI - you'll be treated like royalty!