Thread: CSA Atrium Room

Default CSA Atrium Room

I read where some atrium rooms do not have windows, just shutters. Could someone please explain the window situation in these rooms to me. I read all rooms have AC. Do these rooms have an AC, even without windows? Looking to book room need a little more clarification.
    Thanks

None of the atrium rooms have glass in the windows, it is screen and shutters. All rooms at CSA have air conditioning and you will find that with the heavy wood shutters the room will be plenty cool.

yes, only shutters

yes, A/C

Shutting the shutters keeps it cool in the room very well. Still easy to hear others in their rooms.
    CN-July 2006
    CSA-July 2009
    CSA-July 2011

Eat, Drink, and be Merry for tomorrow you may die.

When the atrium rooms face a courtyard, those windows will have glass AND shutters. The outer windows have no glass...just screens and shutters that can be open and closed for privacy. All atrium rooms do have AC and ceiling fans.

The Atrium Suites ARE indeed "open" concept... shutters and screens along the outside walls (no glass windows except on the atrium, from whence they get their name). Consequently, you can hear pretty much everything... the tree frogs, traffic (road and foot), the ocean, rain in the gutters, etc. As you can imagine, they're not for everyone.

The AC does, indeed, work in these rooms, but you are highly encouraged to do so with the shutters closed. We turn it on when we leave for dinner, then turn it off when we retire, but then run the ceiling fan. Again, its a matter of personal preference.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by sherrynchuck View Post
    None of the atrium rooms have glass in the windows, it is screen and shutters. All rooms at CSA have air conditioning and you will find that with the heavy wood shutters the room will be plenty cool.
    That is incorrect. The windows that face the atrium where the plants/trees are have glass. The others don't

Quote Originally Posted by cypresspeeps View Post
    That is incorrect. The windows that face the atrium where the plants/trees are have glass. The others don't
    The point wasn't specific windows it was related to specific rooms...your statement is true of all atrium rooms. Some of the windows have no glass in all atrium rooms I believe answers the OP question more specifically, not trying to mislead just wasn't as detailed as you may have been in your reply.

Stayed in Atrium Suite last week, wouldnt have it any other way. We usually left the slats open and the french doors open all night. Only visitors we had were a cat that came to visit. A couple nights we closed up and ran AC. People make these rooms sound like no privacy, but I disagree, we loved it