Thread: Music

Default Music

For those of you who are lucky enough to say you have already visited a Couples resort I wanted to know what or if you took your Ipod and did you down load any special music for your vacation? I am trying to think of some mellow/relaxing songs to put on my ipod for example Breakfast on the veranda. I already have Bob Marley, any more suggestions? 31 more days!!!!!!

Set yourself up a pandora account online and start a reggae station if you are thinking particularly reggae, heck start a couple stations. You'll get lots of exposure to artists that way and may find some you really like but were never aware of. We have DirectTV with the music stations on the higher numbered channels and I frequently have the reggae channel on when cleaning, another good way to get some ideas because it always shows the artist name and name of the song.

Abyssinians
    Bunny Wailer
    Burning Spear
    Congos
    Culture
    The Ethiopians
    Gregory Isaacs
    Jimmy Cliff
    Johnny Osbourne
    Peter Tosh
    Steel Pulse
    Stephen Marley
    Toots & The Maytals
    Ziggy Marley

...to name a few

Check out Gregory Issacs...his Night Nurse album is absolutely top notch, easy going and just plain good Reggae. A group called The Wailing Souls has some good tunes too. Check it all out on iTunes.

check out taurus riley on you tube, she's royal is one of my favorites

or on the other hand leave your i pod at home and listen the the jamaican vibe, the sea during the day along with the musicians that stroll the beach, at night the tree frogs and the jamaican beat,
    it beats any music you can record on an i pad

Go online to AOL Radio. Under the "genre" section click on "World/International". Then choose "Reggae Roots". A lot of good music is played on that station. This is where I found most of the songs which got downloaded from iTunes to my ipod.
    Stay Irie, Mon!
    Dana & Mike

Also put some of your favorite romantic songs in a separate folder on your iPod. Very nice for "special times." We go at Christmas time and have to have some mellow Christmas songs, too (Michael Buble, Chris Botti) along with our reggae stuff. I like to play music while getting dressed for dinner.

Have a wonderful time! (Trust me, you WILL!)

A bit of Jimmy Buffett or Alan Jackson is good too.

Can't go wrong with a little Jimmy Buffett

Mr. Vegas - Sweet Jamaica
    Michael Franti & Spearhead (Say Hey, Shake it)

Ditto on the non-reggae tunes - sometimes it is nice to change it up a bit.
    I use my iPod at the gym, so I include my usual remix too. On the plane ride home, listening to the Jamaica mix is bitter sweet, but at least the music helps bring back the fantastic memories you made!

Default Music

Jack Johnson was great for easy mornings on the verandah or just relaxing by the beach/pool.

Thank you everyone for the wonderful suggestions they were very helpful! I can't wait to relax and listen to the beauty of Jamaican nature also! June 20-27

Don't forget Jamaican Dancehall...not so mellow, but great for listening and of course, dancing. All these are available on iTunes:

Rum and Redbull - Beanie Man
    In Jamaica - Elephant Man
    Rompin' Shop - Vybz Kartel
    Tic Toc - Busy Signal
    Gimme Gimme - Beanie Man
    Starlight - Mavado
    Come Around - Collie Buddz
    Give dem some way - Damian Marley
    Hot - Ms Thing
    Hot Again - Ms. Triniti
    Give it up to me - Sean Paul
    Sexy Body Girls - Shaggy
    They don't know bawlin - Bounty Killer
    Slow and sexy - Shabba Ranks
    Blind to you - Collie Buddz
    Holiday - Ding Dong
    Inna Life - Laden
    I've got your man - Lady Saw
    Hot wuk - Mr. Vegas
    Big Ups - Ms. Triniti
    In his own words - Nas and Damian Marley
    Shout - Sean Paul
    Hotta - TOK
    Good Ride - Tanya Stephens

Note - don't play Rompin' Shop around the kids!