Default If you love the Island so much.......

is it worth it to leave for a day and spend it at CSS? We can't imagine it getting any better. We'll be there in less than a month for our 3rd trip and never considered it but also don't want to miss out on anything. Have any of you Islanders "traded" for a day?

We are "islanders" but went to CSS the year CTI was closed. SSB is very nice and quite different from the island and it would be worth spending a day there.

We traded 2x both times with other "islanders" and the 2nd time, 8 of us paid for a cab back to CTI. BUT that being said, there are other islanders who have migrated to SSB for their vacations. I think it's worth it. For us, it confirmed why we like CTI and the Island.
    Vicky

My first trip to Couples was TI in 1995. Loved it but now have found that CSS if far better on SSB than the island.
    Don't think we'll ever go back to TI. Not bad, just not as good as SSB. I would trade for a day!!! Just be advised, you may not want to leave ;-)

Default Skipping the Island for SSB

We usually take one day off from the Island to enjoy SSB. Most times we would watch the weather and pick a day that the Island would possibly be closed because of rough water. Our last visit to CTI was this past April, before they added the pontoon boat for island transportation.
    My picture of the PERFECT resort is to have SSB attached to the CTI resort
    Yammy
    CTI/April Amigos

We have traded places for a day on two separate occasions .... and next June we are spending a week at CTI and then 4 days at CSS. We love them both !!!! You should try it and see for yourself. I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by 1STIMERS View Post
    is it worth it to leave for a day and spend it at CSS? We can't imagine it getting any better. We'll be there in less than a month for our 3rd trip and never considered it but also don't want to miss out on anything. Have any of you Islanders "traded" for a day?
    We spent a day at CSS because of the island being closed. We took a bus over with about 6 couples and had a great time. It was a nice way to see and get a feel for the resort. If curiosity is getting the best of you, then check it out for yourselves. If you think you're missing out on something.....I don't think so. Is there any place you would rather be than the island?... Not me! Don

I have the opposite question, about trading places to CTI. We will be at CSS for 4 days only (then we move on to CN for 7), and we are wondering if its worth it to spend 1 day out of the 4 to go to CTI for the day. Or would you do the Dunn's river falls instead. Opinions welcome.

I would skip Dunns and go to CTI.

We have stayed at both resorts and like them both, but CSS is our home
    The last several years we have done a day over at TI during our week at CSS
    This year we just decided to stay at home
    Not that we don't like the island just didn't want to go to the trouble of going somewhere else
    They are both awesome places to experience AN, but they are different
    John

For us, both CTI and CSS are excellent. You can't go wrong with either. They are both great, just a little different vibe at each. I say do the trade and enjoy. Last year we stayed at CTI and traded to CSS twice. This year (in 53 days) we are doing 10 days at CSS and will probably do a day or 2 back at CTI.

One of the great things we love best about our trips to Jamaica and Couples is that we don't plan anything..we just get up and go with whatever we are feeling at the time!
    Chuck and Gail
    Washington DC area (Northern VA)
    CSS April 19th
    7th Trip to Couples (2xCSA 4xCSS 1xCTI)
    Too many trips to JA to count and still love it!

We used to be Islanders through and through until Sans Souci came aboard the Couples fleet. Now CSS and Sunset Beach is our 1st choice. Go over to CSS for the day at your own risk you may become a convert as well
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Thanks for all the great replies! 1 final question: We read somewhere that the textile side can see the AN side and we're not fans of "gawkers". Any truth to this?

Quote Originally Posted by grayturtless View Post
    I have the opposite question, about trading places to CTI. We will be at CSS for 4 days only (then we move on to CN for 7), and we are wondering if its worth it to spend 1 day out of the 4 to go to CTI for the day. Or would you do the Dunn's river falls instead. Opinions welcome.
    You should definitely try both !!! There are enough differences in the atmosphere of each that you can't fully explain in words. See for yourself !!! I assure you that you won't be disappointed.

At SSB its not possible for the textile side at CSS to view. There is a public beach and resort across the river, which can probably see that people are nude, but can't see details. There are also fishermen and a boat from the S resort that frequented SSB, but you can move to the pool area to avoid that.

At CTI, if you swim between the island and resort, people again can see you're nekid, but can't make out details unless their camera has a good zoom, and thats just tacky (and desperate). Otherwise the landscaping blocks most of the island from the mainland.

There is no way anyone from the textile beach can gawk. There is no gate at the entrance to SSB, so if anyone were to walk by, they may be able to catch a glimpse, but for the most part, it is very secluded. That being said, there is the small beach on the other side of the river that meets the sea that is not ( as far as I could tell) a part of SSB. It is possible that there may be people there, but I did see that the Couples Security person shoo'd a few people away. There is also a few fisherman coming and going down the river. There are plenty of places at SSB to be off on your own without any chance of peekers.

It's far enough away and covered up by a few shrubs and trees. You can see that people are naked, but to far to see anything let alone who's who. As long as you don't stand on the dock and face the resort you should have no worries. That's the one thing I like about the island compared to the other A/N facilities is the seclusion, and no gawkers.

Thanks for all the great replies! 1 final question: We read somewhere that the textile side can see the AN side and we're not fans of "gawkers". Any truth to this?
    At SSB? Not really unless you venture out into the ocean..the resort across the river can see you from a distance but unless you a are HUGE they really can't see anything...no problem mon!
    Chuck and Gail
    Washington DC area (Northern VA)
    CSS April 19th
    7th Trip to Couples (2xCSA 4xCSS 1xCTI)
    Too many trips to JA to count and still love it!

Default 1st timers also

Spent all day yesterday (7/26) on the island. We were first timers and had never done anything like that. We met some fun people and had a GREAT time. As far as people "gawking" from the mainland, it's pretty far away for that and besides, 10 minutes after you're on the island you couldn't care less anyway. We'll definitely be back a few more times this week!

At CSS you can not see the AN side from the textile side. At the AN side you are completely isolated from anyone else at CSS. Now the resorts across the way can see you and the boats going up the river to fish can see you but no one else from the CSS resort can see you once you are at SSB. Not like at the island if you get on the side the resort is on you can be seen by people at the resort. As a matter of fact when I was at TI and was taking pictures of the island from the mainland I mistakenly got naked people in my picture. They were on the beach on the side of the island facing the resort. I did not even realize they were there until I got home and was looking over my pictures and realized there were naked people in the background.

From Tower Island: you can be see while on the island IF people on the beach at TI are looking hard enough and you have to walk out past the tower on the right side. Even then, the distance makes it impossible to see who you are.

On SSB: textiles are allowed to come over for sunset, you can get dressed if you like, stay AN if you want. The textiles aren't there to see you, they are there for the sunset, however they might wonder up and get a drink from the bar.'

We prefer SSB over TI. We love them both and have friends at both resorts. We just spent 5 days at CSS and 3 days at TI, and will probably split it up like that from now on because we love people from both resorts. Trade spaces, you won't be disappointed.
    Glenna Hailey
    Jerry Hailey
    Couples Certified and Preferred agency!
    Life's to short to spend it on the couch, find a beach and watch the sunset.

People on the main beach can see the island and if you are up walking around on the right side of the island, people may see you. However, they are not close enough to "gawk" and many times unless they look real hard, you can't tell that anyone is naked. There is a lot of vegetation on the "resort" side of the island blocking the view.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    We traded 2x both times with other "islanders" and the 2nd time, 8 of us paid for a cab back to CTI. BUT that being said, there are other islanders who have migrated to SSB for their vacations. I think it's worth it. For us, it confirmed why we like CTI and the Island.
    CSS is a very beautiful property, but like Vickyj, CTI and the Island is our love. We went wth another couple to CSS for trading places and ended up sitting in the lobby for an hour and a half waiting for the bus to pick us up and return us to CTI because we forgot to bring money with us for a cab.