Default Bob Marley Tour/ Dolphin Tour.

Has anyone taken the Bob Marley tour or any of the other tours outside of the resort? They look like fun and gives you a chance to see Jamica. Bob Marley is part of the culture and thought this would be something to experience and part of people. The Dolphin swim looks really fun, I love Dolphins. The mountain bike ride looks like you would have an opportunity to see so much of Jamica. Anyone who's taken any of the tours please let me know.

Thanks.

Cynthia and Kevin. Will be at CSS July 2-10 (Can't Wait )

I took the Nine Mile (Marley) Tour a couple of years ago. We were staying at CSA, so it was a long drive. The beauty of the excursion to me was the drive into the mountains. I'll caution you that the actual tour of Nine Mile only lasts about 30-45 Minutes.

We do a Bob visit every other year. It really is great, though some reviewers on the MB didn't like it.

If you're a Bob fan, it's a "must do" at least once.

we did the dolphin swim while at css and it was fun. a bit overpriced but that's to be expected. depending on how long you want to be away from the resort you may want to consider a taxi back to the resort.

I really love Bob Marley and agee I should at least try it once. When I go to other places I love to experience the culture and feel like I really was there. I'm so looking forward to the trip.

We did the dolphin experience on our first trip there 4 years ago. It was amazing. You can also (included in your admission) swim with the stingrays, walk a nature walk with beautiful birds and take a really cool boat ride. Well worth the price of admission.
    driveindou

Thank you for the advice

A trip to Nine Miles is so worth the time away from the resort! We (along with another couple who was interested in going too) hired a private driver. It is an amazing place... go, you won't be dissapointed!

Thank you so much for the confirmation. I live in southern California about 60 miles east of Los Angeles and just found out they have a nice exhibit of Bob Marley in LA..I'm going to try to go see it. Heard it was really nice.

We are planning on doing the Bob Marley tour in March, but are also looking for something else to do that is somewhat not out of the way. Can someone make a suggestion on something else to do along with the Bob Marley tour? We have a private driver that we use.

Tammie & Mike
    CTI-Feb'08/CSA-Dec'08/CSA&CN-Mar'11
    CSS Mar'12/CSA Nov '12/CSA Dec '13/CSA Feb '15

A lot of people stop in Browns Town for shopping which is near Nine Mile. One piece of advice, DON'T let the guys outside the gate at Nine Mile con you into the "Plantation" tour. It's not part of Nine Mile, and your driver should know that and not let them distract you.

Quote Originally Posted by trhops View Post
    We are planning on doing the Bob Marley tour in March, but are also looking for something else to do that is somewhat not out of the way. Can someone make a suggestion on something else to do along with the Bob Marley tour? We have a private driver that we use.
    We took the Bob Marley Tour 2 years ago with our private driver. We drove through Fern Gully stopping at a couple of local vendors (crafts, spice guy, fruits ). We also stopped at Walkerwoods Spice Farm taking a tour. We found the day to be very enjoyable and lots of picture opportunities. The drive to nine mile is breath taking.

Thanks for the suggestions We have a private driver that we totally trust and will keep us from being con'd. He was very good last time and keeping them away from us when we stopped in Negril for a shopping trip.

Tammie & Mike
    CTI-Feb'08/CSA-Dec'08/CSA&CN-Mar'11
    CSS Mar'12/CSA Nov '12/CSA Dec '13/CSA Feb '15