Default Wedding Resort Video

Does anyone have a video of their wedding done by the resort videographer that would be willing to share. If you don't want to post it you can send it to my email
    christine_henry@rogers.com

Thanks so much it would really help with my final decision.

Check out this previous post. If you get into her shutterfly account you can see her video. It helped me decide.

Also someone said something that helped me decide. They said think of all the money you are spending another $300 isn't much when it comes to such a special day.

http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...N-June-12-2010

thanks Kelcan54, now that I have watched the video I realize I have seen it before it helped me decide that I will not cut that out of the budget. Thanks again

I'm torn on the video.....I know that I won't watch it often; however, pictures will adorn my walls. On the other hand, it would be good to have to post online for friends/family who couldn't make it. I guess that's enough of a reason to spend only $300, huh?

Okay, now I'm confused...I was told a video done by the resort is $600.....

it better not be 600 I only budgeted for 300

Stacie, IF you do the biggest photo package for $650 that includes the video and 36 photos. That's what we're doing and we think thats a GREAT price for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashntommy View Post
    Stacie, IF you do the biggest photo package for $650 that includes the video and 36 photos. That's what we're doing and we think thats a GREAT price for both.
    Ahhhh...Okay, that makes more sense.

For an unedited video it is $300. For an edited version it is double that I think.

think I better budget for some more money for the video just incase!

Our package of 36 photo's & edited video was $600. GET THE VIDEO!!!! It is amazing, better than the sample ones I seen and better than we hoped for. I believe I've watched it 4 times now....(we got married on the 9th at CSS). It is well worth every penny!!

I'm double checking with Debbie the stateside wedding coordinator on this. She gave me the price of the videography of $400 separate from the photo packages.
    She said that the CD listed in the photo packages is just a copy of the pictures they are printing for you.

I'm getting a lot of conflicting information from her. Totally maddening. I hope to get it worked out yet this week.
    Spending over $600 on pics and an extra $400 on videography is pretty steep.

Ok, first what I would do is request the pricing list. I had 2 copies of that printed out and brought it with me just in case. This list will give you prices for: Wedding upgrades like location, bouque24 ts, music, cake, etc...also includes all photography pricing and such.
    I will list it here:
    24 photos-$300
    36 photos- $400
    24 photos w/vhs- $450
    24 photos w/dvd- $500
    36 photos w/vhs-$550
    36 photos w/dvd- $600
    *deluxe pack w/vhs-$610
    *deluxe pack w/dvd-$650

DVD's seperately are $400

We did the 36 photo w/dvd option for $600. Keep in mind with ANY package you get the photos are both printed out for you and copied to a cd. The only difference in getting a deluxe pack is there are different SIZES of the pictures printed out. They do actually offer different photo packages there too. We opted for a little different one where we got some more photo's but ours are not printed out they are just on the cd. We can get them printed out for cheap so that doesn't matter...

I just got back from my wedding @ CSA and we just got raw footage because I can edit it myself. For about 15 minutes of video we paid $300 dollars and the footage just wasn't great at all.

Marie and I are getting married at CSA on 6-27-11 at 11am, We are purchasing the resort package 36 photos and video.. But also I am bringing my personal nikon dslr and movie camera as I don't feel 36 photos will quite be enough.. If a couple would attend our wedding to use our camera and video camera we would gladly attend yours and do the same.. I am no professional, but have had years of experience taking pics and movies.. I'm sure the resorts will be better but we figure we may get a few nice ones to add just the same.. If anyone is interested let us know all we ask is that you bring a spare SD card for your pictures, if you forget it's no big deal as I'm sure I will have a spare.. We will be there from 6-23 till 7-1..Hope to see everyone there...
    Dash & Marie

@ LoriAnn....I got that price list too, but the list I got did not include pricing for DVDs separately. Odd...

Quote Originally Posted by amandaj001 View Post
    I just got back from my wedding @ CSA and we just got raw footage because I can edit it myself. For about 15 minutes of video we paid $300 dollars and the footage just wasn't great at all.
    I have HD video on my Android smartphone....Maybe I'll just have one of my guests take a video with that.

Honestly, I could have taken a better video with my own camcorder. The unedited video is just not worth the money.

We got married at CSA in 2004. We got the smallest photo package and had them do the DVD besides the VHS(it was a while ago!). We then had a few blown up for our home but honestly we haven't looked at the album for years. The DVD turned out AWESOME and we watch it a couple times a year. Well worth the money. I blubber every time I watch it. Just my two cents.