Thread: Sharks!!

Default Sharks!!

i have not heard a word about sharks. do the come in the bay. can anyone tell me the skinny on the sharks?

Sharks? The last unprovoked fatal shark attack in Jamaica was in, I think, 1924. Florida Museum of Natural History has all the numbers. I would be more worried about a stingray or jellyfish. And I don't about those.

kkld,

This will be our 7th. trip to Couples and have snorkled every time.

We have never seen any sharks!

Relax, Enjoy, Couples would never put you in danger with anything they offer!

They are huge man eaters. No one says anything for fear they will come into your room at night and eat you. Or, I may be streching the truth a little teeny tiny bit.

You don't hear about them because there are none. On occasion a diver may encounter a nurse shark but they are nothing like the sharks you hear about off the coast of the US (Florida, etc). They don't attack humans unless provoked and even at that aren't capable of the damage of say a great white. No worries. Do a google search for sharks in Jamaica or a search on the message board, the topic has been covered many times.

There are no sharks that come into the bay. The only time you will see a shark is diving and then it is nurse sharks which are very harmless.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    There are no sharks that come into the bay. The only time you will see a shark is diving and then it is nurse sharks which are very harmless.
    That is abuot what I was going to post. I did see a small sting ray near shore one day and only saw two jellyfish during our stay at CN. Only one jelly fish was near sure the other I saw out snorkelling.

Good luck finding one is all I can say LOL
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

The bay is nothing but sand. It is the equivalent of an oceanic desert. Nothing there to attract sharks unless your last name is Brody and you are from Amity :P

The only shark I saw was at Dolphins Cove - in captivity! You have NO need to worry, just relax and have the most amazing time of your life!!!!

rolling laughing!

thanks everyone! two months to go! see ya in negril the end of july!!