Default diving equipment at CN??

Hi, my nov visit will be my first time diving at CN. Can anyone elaborate about the equipment there. Is it worth it to bring all my own stuff. I really don't want to lug all my gear. I was thinking about just bringing my regs, boots,fins and mask. If anyone can help with any of these questions it would help alot.

Do they have soft weights available or do they use lead on weight belts? If I did bring my bc, I don't want to haul my weight with me.

Are wetsuits available (any charge??) or do you have to bring your own?

Will they store your gear during the week or do you have to take it back to your room each day?

Is there a one dive per day rule, and is it readily enforced?

Thanks for the info...........see you in 18 days

Welcome ofireengo -- hope this helps.

CN carries Sherwood regs & jacket BCDs. Lead weights and weight belts are stored on the boat.

They do have shortie wetsuits for rent, but I don't know the charge.

New at CN in the last year are storage lockers outside the dive shop. See the watersports manager to sign up and get the keys for the locks.

Dive twice per day -- Sign up a day in advance for the next day's dive.

Mike & I bring our own stuff except for weights. We are able to pack our gear in one big suitcase and carry on our regs, consoles & camera/housing.

The CN stuff is in decent shape, but we just prefer to use our own reg, mask & fins at the minimum.

Have a great trip!

Default November Diving at CN

ofireengo,
    I will be there Nov 1-6. I will be bringing my gear, sans weight. When it comes to life support gear, I prefer my own. No disrespect to the CN dive shop. Having the locker will be great and I have requested staying at the buildings closer to the dive shop.

My 2cents.

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll wait to see how much room is left in our bag for my big stuff. I'll use a carry on to get my regs,fins, mask and wetsuit there. 17, nope 16 days, buts whos counting.

Regs, mask, boots, fins is fine! The rest of the gear is more than serviceable. This past year we just brought our mask, to save weight in our bags. Never a real problem; I had an air leak with the CSS gear and back to the boat to hot swap. Two minutes, all was well.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Just back from a 20 day visit to CN. Dove almost every dive offered. Equipment is fine. Most of it purchased in the last year. We only brought our mask/fins and had no problems. Lead weigths only. Boat is good and dive team is very curteous and responsible. Brian runs watersports, but doesn't dive much. Richard and Carl are instructors and dive some. Craig, Ashrain and Elain lead most dives. You'll learn all their nicknames when you get there. Dives are at 9:00 am and 1:30 pm daily except for a two tank dive at 9:00 am saturday. Usually have a night dive once a week at around 6:00 pm. ($50.00 american) Wife dives with a shortie because she gets cold easy. I wear a dive shirt. They have suits available for rent and keyed lockers at no charge. We stayed at the beach end of building 5 which allowed easy access to the dive shop. Jellies right now, mostly at the safety stops and above. Dolphins came to visit on several dives. Hope this is helpful and that you have great vacation. P.S. Tell the guys that Vicki and Bryan say Hi!

How much do they charge to rent a shortie?

less then 2 days

Hi1 We dove the first year with our own gear as we are never sure about the resort gear.(My husband is an instructor as well)
    After the first time there we saw the new tanks come in and the regs and bcs are in great shape. Newer than ours.
    Last year we brought our own masks and snorkels. They keep the dive equipment up to date, very clean. They now have lockers as well.

Why would you want to haul all that gear when you don't have to. Then you have wet gear to haul home to dry out. Any ways the dive team is the best we have found. And to correct the person above you. Craig, Richard and Karl(sugar) are all now dive instructors. Craig and Richard just got their certifacation this spring. Why to go guys. Relax and let them take care of you. Enjoy.
    karen

Just back from CN and had a great dive trip.
    9 dives in 4 days, including a night dive. just to clarify they don't rent wetsuits, but everything else they supply. they will store your own wetsuit and regs in the dive shop for you during your stay. I brought my own suit,fins, masks and regs. Dive lockers are available outside the shop for your fins and mask. Craig, Alain, Ashrain (shrek) and Richard were all friendly and helpful. Craig talked my wife into getting certified and had her on the dive boat by the afternoon dive on the second day. Don't miss the night dive it was the highlight of the trip. Have fun.

Just FYI we dove at CSA in June and we did not use wetsuits. Most of the guests dove in bathing suits.

Default Wetsuit

To bring up an old topic, I'm going to CSS in Oct. I currently own a 3mm wetsuit, is that going to be to hot? I have no problem buyin a 1mm or a skin/rash suit, but really no desire to dive just in a bathing suit.