Default Connecting flight in Charlotte

I have a stop in Charlotte before heading to MBJ. I would like to purchase some lotion and/or sunscreen at the Body Shop at the airport. Do you go thru any additional screening before boarding the flight to Jamaica that would cause me to get rid of my over 3.0oz bottle of lotion?
    We are only taking carry on bags and will need a lot of sun screen and after sun lotion for our trip.

Where is the best place to buy sun screen once we get to the Island?
    Thanks for the advice.

Once you land in Charlotee anything you buy is good to go in your carry-on. Hope you have a long enough layover. We had and hour and 15 minutes last year and thought we would have time to grab a bite to eat, use the restroom ect. But no, we had a mad dash through airport and just made it .

If you are checking bags at your point of origin put the sunscreen in them before you go, the 3 oz limit does not apply to checked baggage. I do not think you will be able to purchase larger containers of lotion at the airport in Charlotte and get them on the plane. If you do not have any checked baggage you will have to purchase sunscreen at the resort or some place off property. They will have it in the gift shop but it will be considerably more expensive than if you buy it at home. Since the liquid limits went into effect this has been a problem for those traveling with only carry on bags. Maybe someday they will wake up and change the rules, but don't hold your breath.

You may get some better ideas from others, but that's my 2 cents on the subject.

Have a great trip!

edit: Looks like I was wrong about picking up items at Charlotte. Hope you have time to get what you need.
    Last edited by dirtleg; May 29th, 2011 at 12:15 PM.

No once you are in the terminal waiting for your connecting flight shop all you like no more security to board your plane. I bought lip gloss last time.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Hey Shari of "Shari & James",

Long time no talk to. How are you all doing? Hope all is well. Hope to see you all around soon.

Later......... Joe D.

I've bought lotion at the Body Shop in Charlotte (in the atrium between the B,D, and C gates) many times. You can just put what you buy into your purse or carryon. There are no liquid restrictions once you land in Charlotte on your way to MoBay.