Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Very Sad Lost My Cat Today

Sorry this isn't a Couples topic but I know a lot of you will understand how I am feeling. Picky (Pickle) was just 14, quite young for one of our cats. She was a feral cat and we adopted her when she was five, she would hiss and spit at us and hid for the first six months. Eventually she came out of her shell and joined in family life and wants her fuss from us as well. She was always fragile health wise as she had contracted fleas when feral and that caused her problems with worms in her bowel that always affected her.She was diagnosed with an over active thyroid about six months ago, unfortunately that caused her bowel to work overtime, mostly in the wrong place! At the vets today he noticed she had a detached retina caused by high blood pressure, she had lost weight and had a bowel disorder. He advised various treatments but thought it was kinder to put her to sleep. Even thought I know it was the right thing to do, she was always hungry and followed her round crying for food due to the thyroid problem I really miss her, and even though I have three other cats (all male) who I love dearly, it is quiet without her and I have lost my little girl.

I love my dogs like children so I know what it's like to love and lose a pet. So sorry.

Sorry you've lost your kitty

I am so sorry, I know exactly how you feel. It's been 3 years since I had to let my 'Copper' go and I still think about him often. He was diabetic for the last 4 or 5 years of his life and I had to give him shots twice a day. I know just how hard it is to take care of a sick animal and then have to make that inevitable decision to let him go. But, he's with my mom and my grandmother and all the others who have left before their time. They will always be in our hearts and will always be loved and remembered by those they left behind.
    It is hard and you won't forget her but eventually it will get easier.

I am so sorry on the loss of you furbaby! Sending you hugs , she is at the rainbow bridge healthy and having time in the sun, you will see her again. Who knows, maybe she is with my furbabies swapping stories about how they all found forever homes!

kelly

We are so very sorry for your loss. We lost our cat very suddenly in October. He was only 6 and had a stroke. It was an extremely hard time for us. He was the first cat my husband and I owned together. It still brings tears to my eyes when I think of him, but over time we have been able to heal. We wish the same for you!

I'm sorry to hear about you loosing your cat friend. They really can have a special place in our hearts. Try to remember how much she enjoyed her life because of your love. The two of you obviously had a special bond.
    My heart felt condolences.
    Karon

Sad for you!

I'm sorry for the loss of your beloved friend. Our dogs are an important part of our family. Dasher is 15-1/2, and Rudy is 14 (and blind now). We don't know how much longer they'll be with us, and we're dreading the inevitable.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Elaine ~ I'm sorry to hear about your fur-kid. We have 3 and the oldest is 18 years old and has a growth the size of a cantaloupe in her stomach. We know the time is quickly approaching that we will have to put her down, but for now she doesn't seem to be in any pain so it is difficult. I just wish they could speak to us and tell us, 'now is the time'. I just don't want to cut her life short or wait too long and make her suffer.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I'm sorry! Hugs to you.

I'm so sorry to hear that! Cats sure do have their own personalities are irreplaceable. Losing one sure is like losing a family member or close friend. I really like this quote from a tv show I watch. "Losing someone is never easy. But one day, you'll remember her and it wont hurt. You'll just be happy." Hopefully that day comes soon for you!

So sorry for your loss.. I have two now that are both about 12 1/2, one that appears to be having problems unexpected. I dread having to make those choices, but know she was happy and loved and brought you much joy.

So sorry about your Kitty. You came to the right place to talk about it . The couple's family is second to none on subjects such as this!! One day at a time. Hopefully you will heal soon. One love... Kim Robinson

I am so sorry for your loss. I too lost my 2 and a half year old Peanut on May 16 due to a urinary block. I had to put him down as it would have been 2500 to 4500 or more with no guarantee he would stay unblocked. It was the toughest thing I have ever had to do. I am so sad also but I do still have my 15 year old cat. Peanut was just a really cool cat. My hubby didn't really like cats before he met me and we picked him out but he adored him and Peanut loved him back.
    I am sorry this happened to you and I hope you feel better soon

Thank you all, I have lost cats before but you never get used to it. She is buried in the garden now next to Jess who died aged 18 last year. I wish all of you with poorly animals love and hope that they will get well x

The Rainbows Bridge Poem

RainbowBridge.com
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

We're so sorry for your loss & pain. And, we totally understand... Take care. Razzl

I'm so sorry. Losing a pet is like losing a best friend.

Fluffin....Beautiful.

Nuts, I have something in my eye. I feel your pain.

I am so sorry for your loss. It brings tears to my eyes. I lost two cats in 2009, so I truly understand how painful it is. My one girl was 18 and diabetic, so at least she lived a long life considering she had to have insulin shots twice a day. My other girl was 14, like yours. She had cancer, and the tumour grew so quickly. The day we knew it was time to take her in, she didn't make it until my DH came home. She died in my arms. I was beyond devastated. I love all my cats (back up to 3 now, as cats in need always find us) but she was a very special girl too.

I know it doesn't really help the pain, but do know she was very lucky to have you take care of her and love her to the end. You surely extended and improved her little life. Big Hugs - Jam.

P.S. Try to think of Jamaica. It always helps, even just a little

Thank you Fluffin and Jam for your kind words and everyone else. I have just found out that my Aunt (who was eighty)has also died. I'm not looking for sympathy I know we will all go at some point,just very sad that it has happened in the same week. x,

Hi Kim I hope you are feeling OK and healing a little bit x Softtail that is really sad and the feeling you get is like desperation when that happens, hope the pain eases for us both soon it also helps to have another cat that still needs to be loved and looked after x

If you are open to it, just before you fully wake or before you go into that really tight sleep you will be able to feel your baby right beside you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast