Default surgery and thinking of Jamaica

So what so surgery and Jamaica have in common, you ask? Well, I went in for surgery on Wed. As they were putting the mask over my face and I started to feel claustrophobic and anxious. My surgeon asked me where my favorite place was. That was easy... "Jamaica". I instantly relaxed as I thought about Couples. "How many times have you been?" she asked. "Three times", I replied. "We were maried there." "Very nice! What do you love about it?" ..."The beaches, the people..." "What's your favourite food?" "hmm.. Jerk chicken"... Somewhere in the distance I heard the assisting nurse say "mmm... jerk chicken..." ...and that was all I remember until I woke up.... still feeling all relaxed, mon. lol.
    So if you have to go under, isn't thinking about Jamaica and being at Couples better than counting backwards from 100?!!!

Jamaica is my happy place when at the dentist.

I go to my "happy place" when I get my blood pressure taken. Of course my "happy place" is a CTI!
    Vicky

I have a picture of the Barry's Bar Tree as my screensaver on my laptop that I use at my nurse's station. When people ask "where is that", I say "my happy place" Some people say a dead tree??? I say you have to see it to get it
    Dane

Like it

ooohh i'll think of that next time i have blood drawn!!

Hope all is well with you now, and that you recover quickly!

It's good to have a "happy place", and where better than Jamaica?
    grayturtles - I am actually doing really, thanks... resting a lot... and surfing the net, thinking of Jamaica.
    Trying to convince DH that laying on the beach would be a good way to recover. lol

My wife has a pic of Tower Island up on her wall to help folks relax. A few have recognized it!