Thread: Trading places

Default Trading places

Can anyone offer some pros and cons about using the romance reward of going for the day to the sister resort? We are going for our third visit to CTI and have not yet used the priveledge of going to CSS. Is it worth going? Do yo miss having a room to go to? Is it hard to grab a taxi to get back if you want to?
    Any comments would be greatly appreciated. thanks. Oh we are going on July 4th.
    driveindou

I don't know why you wouldn't. We were at CTI and went to CSS for the day. Loved it. All you need is to wear your swimsuit with a coverup and bring sunscreen in your beach bag. If you go, do the tour. It usually starts when you get there. Then from there you know where you want to go. We went to the beach. Walked around. Had a smoothie. Sat in the hot tub. Went for lunch. Sat by the pool. Had a snack and a drink and were ready to board the bus for home. You get to check out the other resort for the day. Who knows, you might like it more then the one you're at and can come back again some other time. You do feel like you are missing something at home but once you get back nothing has changed. We also did the trading places from CN to CSA two years ago and we now know we are going back to CSA next time.

We have done the trade two times. The first we stayed the entire time. As we don't go back to our room that often, we didn't notice this as being an inconvenience. Last year, the front desk got us a taxi and we went back early. We were with two other couples and split the cost. For us, it reminded us of what it is we like about CTI. CSS is a beautiful resort, but CTI is "home". Oh see you on the 4th, we arrive the 2nd.
    Vicky

The trading places gives you a chance to see the other resort. We did it a couple of years ago, from CSS to CTI. It proved to us we made the right choice for us. The two resorts are totally different. Both are nice, but we liked the feel of CSS better than CTI. However, there are a lot more steps at CSS. Give it a shot.
    Linda

How close is CTI to CSS? When you do the trading places option, how long do you stay at the sister resort, if you use Couples transportation?

We did trading places from CSA to CN as we originally wanted to go to CN, but couldn't get the dates we were looking at. Although we are are glad we went, we wouldn't do it again. We were glad we went as we realised that we much preferred CSA and we actually asked for the van early, which the driver offered to us, as we wanted to go back 'home'. I think its defo worth doing as you won't know what you are missing, or even how much you appreciate what you have, as in our case. You can always leave early if you don't like it.

We took advantage of Trading Places while staying at CN. While we loved CN, this experience helped us make the decision to book CSA for our November 2012 trip. It's a great opportunity - don't miss it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Souci bound View Post
    How close is CTI to CSS? When you do the trading places option, how long do you stay at the sister resort, if you use Couples transportation?
    Its a 5-10 minute trip, probably closer to 5 between CTI and CSS. If I recall, you leave at 10 and leave to return at 4, although those hrs may be off by one or two. You don't get breakfast or dinner, but do get lunch and any other activity falling in between. You can leave earlier if you would like, but I don't think you can stay later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Souci bound View Post
    About a five minute drive. You are at the resort until 4 if you use Couples transportation.
    Vicky

We traded places from CTI to CSS last November. Highly recommend it. Everything the others have posted is true. We walked around the grounds for a bit. Said, "Wow!" many times, made our way to the bar near the beach to pick up a couple of drinks on the way to a couple of loungers. Hung out on the beach, ate lunch at one of the restaurants, rode the water bikes and used the surf ski/kayaks. We loved it. We treated it as just another free excursion offered by Couples.

If I remember correctly, the bus leaves At 9:45 in the morning, arrives at CSS at around 10:00 (in time for the orientation) and returns to CTI at 4:30. It is offered Monday, Wednesday and Friday. You may only trade places once per visit. I would recommend signing up to do it in either early or in the middle of your stay. In our case (a Saturday to Saturday trip) we signed up to visit CSS on Wednesday. When Wednesday arrived, the weather was not cooperating, so we decided to rescedule for Friday. That was not a problem and we had great weather on Friday. Had we originally scheduled for Friday and the weather had been bad then, we would not have had the option to reschedule before having to head home and back to work.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Sans Souci bound - Hi there! We are from Kingston! Trading places is done Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The bus leaves Sans Souci around 9:00, and returns at 4:00. We have gone over to CTI on 2 out of our 3 trips to CSS. It's a nice way to spend the day!
    (Karen&Paul)

to: Sans Souci bound: CTI is about 1-2 miles from CSS. If you use the hotels transportation back and forth you will be at CTI from approx. 10 am to 4 pm.
    By the way it is the best free excursion they offer

We did trading places during our last trip to CN (March 2009) and had the wonderful opportunity to visit CSA. We thought nothing could get better than CN but we liked CSA so much that we planned our third trip to Couples and first trip to CSA for this September. We even knew which room we wanted because we fell in love with them (beachfront suites) during our single day trading places visit. I guess the only reasons I wouldn't do trading places is if (a) I only have a short time at Couples, like less than 4 days) and (b) if I had already been to the other area resort and had experienced it for myself. Otherwise, I say go for it!

Cannot wait to return to CTI in 3 days and visit CSS next week! It is the only Couples resort we haven't stayed at! Any advice on a must-do activity or place to go and hang out or take pictures of??

I can't think of any cons. Its fun to get to experience the different resorts. We sometimes even do it when we have stayed at the other resort before just for a change of scenery and lunch menu!

I had forgotten all about this - we are trying to decide which resort to go to and were thinking about CN for a change of scenery ( we have been to CSA twice) but now we will go back to CSA and try the trading places to see if we would like CN - Love this message board! Thanks everyone!
    Janine

Here at cti now and traded places to CSS yesterday! Loved it and highly recommend! Bus left just after 10, so we caught up with the tour and enjoyed that. The beach was beautiful, protected and calm. It has been windy and choppy in the water at cti for the past 5 days, so enjoyed planting ourselves on the beach and floating. Lunch at the grill. Only 2 couples went. 2 differences...at cti you get cool water bottles and unlimited towel exchanges, but CSS is still using bottled water and will charge you if you don't keep track of your towel! BUT, trading places guests can pick up a towel at water sports hut, no problem!

Default schdyny

Quote Originally Posted by schdyny View Post
    I had forgotten all about this - we are trying to decide which resort to go to and were thinking about CN for a change of scenery ( we have been to CSA twice) but now we will go back to CSA and try the trading places to see if we would like CN - Love this message board! Thanks everyone!
    Janine
    Are you from Schenectady, NY? We're from Albany, NY so we're practically neighbors!

We are leaving for our first trip to a Couples resort (CN) in about a month and a half. Reading these boards every day has made me feel like I've already been to the resort!

Getting very excited now that we're under two months to go!

D&J

Hi D&J. We are almost neighbors too. We're from Syracuse. You are going to love Couples!!! Never been to CN but this September we will be heading back "home" to CTI for the 4th time. My daughter went to St. Rose College and now teaches in Albany. Keep reading the boards and have a GREAT time at CN.

Ralph & Roberta
    Syracuse, NY
    COR 9/1982, CTI 9/2007, CTI 9/2009, CTI 9/2011

Yes, town of Rotterdam actually! We just booked our third trip to CSA an hour ago. We were thinking CN this time for a change but we really love CSA so we will try the trading places to see if we would like CN next time. We were actually thinking about going to another resort ( Aruba, Punta Cana or Antigua) but after months of searching, we choose CSA AGAIN!!! We really like the way the buildings are setup at CSA and you cannot beat the price for us as air to other islands is much more expensive! And the $300.00 resort credit along with repeaters perks !!! Can't wait - 9 months and 13 days to go!

Hey Schenectady!!!! We are "right down the road" in East Greenbush!!! Headed back to CSA in February!
    Quote Originally Posted by schdyny View Post
    Yes, town of Rotterdam actually! We just booked our third trip to CSA an hour ago. We were thinking CN this time for a change but we really love CSA so we will try the trading places to see if we would like CN next time. We were actually thinking about going to another resort ( Aruba, Punta Cana or Antigua) but after months of searching, we choose CSA AGAIN!!! We really like the way the buildings are setup at CSA and you cannot beat the price for us as air to other islands is much more expensive! And the $300.00 resort credit along with repeaters perks !!! Can't wait - 9 months and 13 days to go!
    Back to Couples April 2012

as mentioned in this thread, if you are staying for at least 5 days, there really isn't any cons to taking advantage of the Trading Places program! We are die-hard CN-ers, but enjoyed our first visit to CSA last year and definitely plan on doing it again on our 4th trip "home" next April. It is a great way to enjoy a change of scenery and food options - the fish tacos at CSA alone make it worth the day trip for us!! You won't regret it one bit!

Cuse, we're from Rochester and will be at CN Couples for the first time ever. We have a family friend who will be graduating next year from St. Rose. July 31 thru Aug 6th for our anniversary.

Small world.

RLB87, small world for sure. My daughter loved St.Rose and now is doing her masters there. My nephew is a senior at RIT. Never been to CN but as long as it's Couples resort , you're going to love it. Have a GREAT time and keep in touch

Ralph & Roberta
    Syracuse, NY
    COR 9/1982, CTI 9/2007, CTI 9/2009, CTI 9/2011

Quote Originally Posted by tumh20 View Post
    Cannot wait to return to CTI in 3 days and visit CSS next week! It is the only Couples resort we haven't stayed at! Any advice on a must-do activity or place to go and hang out or take pictures of??
    When you first arrive at the resort catch up with the tour and take it so you know your way around the place.

A perfect way to spend the Trading Places day at CSS is to first grab a bike and ride around the lake (remember to stop and take a couple pictures of yourselves at the "Tree of Life", then start your adventure. We start at the AN bar and grab a drink while we swim in the pool and then soak in the hot tub. Grab another drink and head over to the main pool. Swim there for a bit, grab a drink and head to the beach for awhile. Grab a drink and go to the hot tub and soak for a bit. Grab a drink at the Beach Bar and start walking the winding pathways. Stop off at the grotto pond and soak our feet in there for a bit. Then head over to the mineral pool and take a dip. Grab a fruit smoothie from the cart and go to the jungle hot tub for a dip. Head down the stairs to Charlie's Grotto (Charlie is long since gone) and head out to the ocean and play there for a bit. Then take the winding stairs back up to the lobby and take a dip in there and top it off with a drink from the Balloon Bar. Makes for a fabulous way to spend the day. Be sure to take your camera with you as there are wonderful photo opps along the way.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come