Thread: beach reading

Default beach reading

any suggestions? i just reserved the newest true blood book at our library (didnt realize a new one came out at the beginning of the month) but i am not sure if it will be available before we leave in 23 days or not.

i am a teacher that is not teaching summer school this year so i am working on a reading list for the plane, jamica beach, the pool in florida, maybe the florida beaches. just need some ideas for my reading list - am drawing a blank!

I love the Sookie Stackhouse series... But if it does not come out, you might try "The Help". I loved it & wished I had saved it for my beach book. I'm reading the Stone Barrington Series by Sutart Woods.

Bossypants by Tina Fey is hilarious!

I have just about finished the Forgotten Garden by Kate Morgan, and I am really enjoying it.

I just finished James Patterson's Swimsuit. Good beach read.
    Vicky

There were a couple of great threads on this very recently.

http://bit.ly/km5xti

http://bit.ly/kSwiDd

I read "The Rum Diary" by Hunter S. Thompson every time I go to Couples. It's my favorite book.

Mary Kay~
    We will be there the same time as you and your husband.
    I am working on my reading list as well. I am a teacher too.
    See you guys there!!! June 21 - 29. 13 yr wedding anniversary.
    We are so excited. We normally go to Secrets and are changing
    it up this year. Hope it is great. 3 Weeks!

"Game of Thrones" is the first book in a series by George R.R. Martin and was picked up by HBO (currently running). It's a fantastic book/series, IMHO; definitely one of my all-time favorites. It's probably best described as historical fantasy, but that doesn't really do it justice: It's a very character-driven political drama with historical and fantastical elements. It's not exactly light beach reading, but then neither is "Sookie Stackhouse," really.

Another book that I enjoyed that's a little different as far as recommendations usually go is "At Home" by Bill Bryson. It's a nonfiction book filled with incredibly interesting (IMHO) arcana about the history of domestic life.

I just finished "A Dog's Purpose" by W. Bruce Cameron. It was one of the best book's I've read in a long time (and I read a lot).

A must read for any dog owner or lover. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll drool. It's a nice easy read, but I couldn't put it down.

Beergirl

I just finished the "Art of Racing in the Rain". This story is told from his dog's point of view. Is was recommended in a thread a month or two ago. I love Formula 1 and thought that it was a racing book, but it ended up being a great story. Sad at times but a fun book to read. Another dog lover's book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mestralle View Post
    "Game of Thrones" is the first book in a series by George R.R. Martin and was picked up by HBO (currently running). It's a fantastic book/series, IMHO; definitely one of my all-time favorites. It's probably best described as historical fantasy, but that doesn't really do it justice: It's a very character-driven political drama with historical and fantastical elements.
    This series was superb until I hit book 4. Then, like so many others he just did a money grab. Book 4 has almost no content despite being quite a large book. The only advancement of the story came in the last 75 pages. That being said, the first three are real page turners.

I really enjoyed reading the Stieg Larsson trilogy (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, and the Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest) while at CN in March.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

War and Peace is always a must read
    CN-July 2006
    CSA-July 2009
    CSA-July 2011

Eat, Drink, and be Merry for tomorrow you may die.

I'm reading "Water for Elephants" right now. It is really, really good! I want to read "A Dog's Purpose" next!

The Hunger Games trilogy is an easy and wonderful read. I read all three books while I was in Florida for 7 days. It grabs you and takes hold. Very well written and covers all the different literary genres. You will love them.