Hybrid View

Default 2011 Jamaica Marathon

Returning to take this marathon on for the second time. Love the early morning very humid start. Running through the different towns and having the children run next to us was priceless. All of them wanted our iPods and running shoes. Going to bring and extra iPod and several running shoes. Shoes I will donate and iPod will give to some lucky young man or lady running with me.

Very excited to return. We are getting in on Friday and the marathon is Sat so no time to acclimate. See you all there.

Please add your name and where you are from....
    Carl-Altoona, IA
    Attached Images Attached Images  

So jealous!! I am running New York this year, but maybe next year (or the year after!) Living and training in Florida, I'm OK with the heat and humidity. I'd probably arrive on Thursday, though, so I could get acclimated and ready and then make sure I had a week of beach-time to recover. (What better place to recover!!)

How's the crowd support throughout the race? (Just curious.) I love me some cheering crowds.
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Just registered for the Marathon. I am coming in on Friday as well. See you there.

Bert from Vancouver, WA

Jealous of all of you! Running Chicago on 10/09/11, then coming to CSS on 10/22 as a reward for all the hard work and dedication it takes to train for these events!

I'll be there, too!! This will be marathon #10 for me. I love the heat and will do some long runs inside to get used to being hot. Flying in Friday and staying at CN. It's going to kill me to not have a Red Strip in the Couples lounge when we arrive...but I suppose I can wait till 9am on Saturday! :-)

4th stay at Couples and CAN...NOT...WAIT!!

Denise from Philly

Quote Originally Posted by dmfd View Post
    Returning to take this marathon on for the second time. Love the early morning very humid start. Running through the different towns and having the children run next to us was priceless. All of them wanted our iPods and running shoes. Going to bring and extra iPod and several running shoes. Shoes I will donate and iPod will give to some lucky young man or lady running with me.

Very excited to return. We are getting in on Friday and the marathon is Sat so no time to acclimate. See you all there.

Please add your name and where you are from....
    Carl-Altoona, IA
    I am not doing the marathon this year, but I will be there up to the day before, we are from Ankeny...

I'm so jealous! I'm running Detroit in October, just a mere 3 weeks before my wedding at CSA. One of the things that I'm looking forward to is running in Jamaica - I have to run at least once where ever I go just to say that I did it. It would be so cool to run a marathon in Jamaica....maybe one day...a girl can dream lol

When is the Jamaican marathon and where? Is there just one a year? My goal for next year is to run a marathon and of course what better marathon to run than in JAMAICA?!? I'd love to hear about it. How many runners? And someone else asked how the crowd was? I'd need lots of cheer support if I'm going to run that far That is sooo sweet that the kids ran with you. That would break my heart a little though.