Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

i applaud all of the men who have stepped up and started to address a healthier lifestyle

"I lost 60 lbs this past year (on a prescription medication from my doctor)"
    "I'm definitely in. I'm looking to lose about 40 lbs by next year for my wedding on 5/11/12"
    "I started at 250 pounds. I'm 215 now. My goal is 150"
    "I'm in... I'd like to drop 20 before couples this sept and another 30 before the wedding 9-5-12! I"

given that the average guy is 5 10 170 ish ... loosing 20 -50 pounds like those guys posted above is pretty incredible considering 200-30 =170 30 is approx 20% of your total mass.
    Guys it is easy to sit with the boys drink several beers and all of a sudden you wake up poof 30 lbs over your fighting weight. True she will still love you but honestly and take it from some one who was down that path is that the man she married ?
    So congrats to the men who were brave enough to post their achievement of dropping so much ...
    now ladies what about you lets hear some success stories don't be shy

I would love to join with you guys. I just got married and never meet any of my weight loss goals. But now that the wedding is over I need to lose about 45 LBS. I love everything to do with weddings. I had wanted to do a boudouir shoot and give the pictures to my then FI the morning of our wedding, but at this weight I refuse, so I am planning to do it for our first anniversary!

I was very successful doing low carb about 4 years ago, and plan on starting this monday August 15, we have our AHR this saturday.

I will post my starting weight monday when I weigh in!

Joined weight watchers last week... So far down 6lbs. Will check back in next Wednesday. Trying to lose at least 50lbs by sept next year. Ideally I'd like to lose 72 total before then but will settle for 50!

How's everyone doing with their weight loss goals? I'm down 14 pounds. Only 22 to go for my goal!

Quote Originally Posted by toplopper View Post
    How's everyone doing with their weight loss goals? I'm down 14 pounds. Only 22 to go for my goal!
    Awesome job!! I'm only down 5 more pounds, but I've been dealing with a lot over the last few months. My favorite German Shepherd, Ripley, ate mushrooms in the yard and died of liver failure. :-(

I'm back on track now though.

Okay, how is everyone doing? Are the holidays derailing anyone?

I did get side-tracked with Ripley passing, but I started a PSMF a little over 2 weeks ago and I'm down to 202.8 as of this morning. I'm doing 3 week cycles of PSMF, with 1 week of increased calories on Atkins induction in between. I'm hoping this first cycle will get me under 200.

Okay, how is everyone doing? I'm down a few more pounds to 198.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacie & Chris View Post
    Okay, how is everyone doing? I'm down a few more pounds to 198.0.
    Well, I'm just joining!! I am down 30 lbs from my highest, with 15 to go by my April wedding!

I am counting (original) WW Points with diet-wise, since it's easier to eat foods my fiancé & friends eat, just in smaller portions.

Exercise-wise, I am a TurboFire freak!! I LOVE THIS PROGRAM. It all got started with a TurboKick class, which kicked my .. well .. Anyway, highly recommended if you can get your hands on a sample.

Good luck now that it's the new year, everyone!!

I hit my high weight at 183 before Thanksgiving. I'm 5'7". I want to weigh 140 for the wedding... which is what I weighed in high school. lol. I'm down to 170 now, so 30 lbs to go before September 22, 2012. Right now, all I've done is cut back a bit, skipping bread and dessert, and getting 30 minutes of activity per day. It doesn't sound like much but I never ever exercise so anything is better than nothing for me. It's all I could really commit to during the holidays. I'm an old gal so losing weight isn't as easy as it once was, but I hope if I buckle down I can make it happen.

I would really like to weigh what I weighed in high school too. My senior year I was 92 lbs.....no one freak out....I am only 5'1" and small framed....so this was a healthy normal weight for me. I haven't had a scale in my home in two years. I weighed in at the doctor at 110. My weight isn't the issue....it's what I like to call my "kangaroo pouch". I have 5 yr old and a almost 4 yr old at home.....and though they are lovely....I don't love this ugly pooch....not to mention my metabolism went down the drain after 25 yrs of age. SIGH.

Brittany
    CSA 5-29-12

I'd like to join in I'm getting married at csa on 31st December 2012 (so I only just count as a 2012 bride! Lol)

I started dieting one January 1st and I was 193lb which is the heaviest I've ever been. I've lost 6lb in 2 weeks so I'm down to 187lb and my goal is 147lb. I'm 5' 7" and I've never managed to maintain less than that, however much I'd like to! Lol

I'm using the my fitness pal app to count calories and I'm stepping up my workouts at the gym to get more exercise

I'd like to lose as much as possible by June/July so that I can get my dress without worrying about losing much more weight.

I have to admit that even if I lose all the weight I want, I'll still have the "pooch" in my belly. There's just some sag no sit-ups in the world can get rid of. Turns out that sit-ups don't actually work your uterine walls back into shape! I'm OK with it. I own it and my fiancee even thinks it's sexy! Take some belly-dance aerobics and own it! And if it shows too much in your dress, that's what Spanx are for!

Hi I am very interested in the PSMF plan and would like for you to send me the info. I am getting married at CSS in July 2012 and I'm aiming at 30-40lbs to lose. My email is suiteC2008@yahoo.com Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone on this journey. We can do it!!!!

Im getting married Oct 1 of 2012. Would like to lose about 20 lbs. Gained it when I quit smoking. Its hard. But I know I can do this. I know all of you can to

@wonderful....I have the PSMF plan on my computer at work. I will email it to you on monday. I just sent myself an email reminder. :-)

I'm down to 192 now, with about 3.5 months to go.

I'm getting married 6/1/12...4 months to go...Hoping to lose 25lbs (167 now) by then. I am such a procrastinator, so I am really trying to change and utilize all that time. Sticking to no carbs and low sugar intake, but have to get my work out on! Good luck everyone!

Starting weight: 183
    Goal Weight: 140
    Current weight: 173
    Height: 5'7 Current bridal dress size: 14. Goal Dress size: 10. (Street wear 4-6)
    Date: September 22, 2012 state side, September 25 CTI.

What I have done: 30 minutes 5 - 7 days per week of Dance Central for Xbox Kinect 30 minutes at a time. Light weight training (squats, crunches, biceps & triceps) for 20 minutes twice a week. Yoga x1 hour, once per week. Cutting back on carbs, no dessert, bread. I do eat whole grains like oatmeal or brown rice. Doubling up on fruits & veggies and cutting back red meat to once per week. Drinking alcohol only on weekends. It sounds like not much, but it is actually a good lifestyle change for us. I've lost 10 lbs. so far, my fiancee has lost 20. It's been about a week and a half so I don't expect it to continue at this rate.

My hubby and I are getting remarried on May 31st, 2012 at CSS. And 'yes' as with the rest of you I have had health issues (including hypothyroidism). I was just at 192 lbs a few months ago. Now I am 167-yay me! You are all doing so well and should be very proud I am hoping to be down to 150 (135 would be better). I am scared that if I set my goal too low I will never be able to achieve it. So... 150 by May 1st, 2012 is my goal!

My fiance and are are getting married in October and we found a good program that has helped get our weight loss kick started. In the last 13 days I have lost 13 lbs and she has lost 7. If anyone is interested in learning more about it let me know, or feel free to email me at kremit80@gmail.com

We can't wait to spend our honeymoon at CSA October 21-28!!!!

Yikes, I've been busy. I have a new puppy (German Shepherd) and I just got back from a girls cruise with friends. I'm down to 184--not as low as I would have liked for 2 months out, but that's okay. I should be able to get down into the low 160s by the wedding, which puts me in a street size 8, so that's fine with me.

How is everyone doing?

Great job on the loss Tammi!!

I'm down to 183. That's not quite where I WANTED to be, but I have to pay myself on the back for losing 62 lbs!!!! I'm hoping for 10 more in the next 30 days. That would be 20 pounds above my ideal weight, but I can deal with that.....with SPANX! LOL

I am so disappointed in myself! I am up to 177
    I can't believe that I have almost gained all the weight back!!!!

Becky & toplopper...Get your butts in here and update your weight loss!

I'm down to 181.4 this morning!

@Tami...Oh no, that sucks. When is your wedding? You can get back on track!
    CSA - May 2012
    CN - May 2013
    CSS - October 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Stacie & Chris View Post
    I'm down to 183. That's not quite where I WANTED to be, but I have to pay myself on the back for losing 62 lbs!!!! I'm hoping for 10 more in the next 30 days. That would be 20 pounds above my ideal weight, but I can deal with that.....with SPANX! LOL
    Great job!!!

It's my goal to try to go without Spanx. I'm down to 170... Still 30 lbs to go before September but I had a couple of vacations and special events that sidetracked me.

I'm down to 150. Well 152, but it's the scale on the wii so i adjusted it down since i dont feel its 100% accurate lol 10 more for my goal which I dont see myself reaching by the time we leave on May 8th. I guess I can be proud that I lost 75% of my goal and I need my dress taken in over 3 inches.

Congrats to everyone!! even if we dont make our goals at least we took the initiative!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast