Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default 2012 Weight loss for the wedding

Hi. My wedding is set for 5/16/2012 at CSA. I saw the 2011 weight loss thread and wanted to see who is interested in doing one for 2012???

A few health issues (hypothyroid & insulin resistance) caused me to gain A LOT of weight in about 1.5 years. When my fiancee and I met I was 150 pounds and a size 6. I'm 5'5", but I'm a power lifter, so I have a lot of muscle mass, that's why I was in such a small size at 150 pounds. Anyway, I've been medicated for the thyroid condition and I've gone on a low carb diet to avoid my problems with insulin resistance. My ultimate goal for the wedding is 150 pounds, but I'd be happy with 165 pounds (size 8). I've lost 35 pounds so far and have 65 to go. It sounds like a lot of weight, but I lost 35 pounds in five months without the motivation of the wedding. Since my wedding is 11.5 months away, I should be able to make my weight loss goal based on what I've lost so far.

Who's in?

ME ME ME!!

I want to lose about 35 and get down to 125. Which will hopefully be a size 6. (Size 12 right now).

I lost 60 lbs this past year (on a prescription medication from my doctor) but now it is up to me to get the last 35 off. I really need to work on toning up too. My goal is to wear a bikini when we go on 7/14/12. That gives me a little over a year.
    Becky & Dave
    CSS July 2012 (Wedding @ CSS 7.18.12)
    CN July 2012

Hopefully I'm doing this right, but if not...I'll try again. This is what I'm trying to get back to--I'm posting it for motivation.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...alpic4-1-1.jpg

And this is one of my favorite pictures because Chris took it only a few weeks after we started dating. :-)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...e/PICT1198.jpg

YAY!! Someone to join me!! Congratulations on your weight loss so far Becky!! 60 pounds lost so far is AWESOME!!!

Unfortunately, I don't think a bikini will be in my future, because I will have some loose/extra skin on my tummy because I gained weight fast. :-( BUT....I will look HAWT in clothing, so that counts! lol

So, what are you doing to lose the last 35 pounds, in terms of diet and exercise, Becky?

I'm definitely in. I'm looking to lose about 40 lbs by next year for my wedding on 5/11/12. I would love to be able to fit back in a bikini! Just bought some new ones for motivation!!

Quote Originally Posted by toplopper View Post
    I'm definitely in. I'm looking to lose about 40 lbs by next year for my wedding on 5/11/12. I would love to be able to fit back in a bikini! Just bought some new ones for motivation!!

Where are you getting married?? I'm only 5 days after you!

I'm in... I'd like to drop 20 before couples this sept and another 30 before the wedding 9-5-12! I just downloaded the myfitnesspal app looks like it will help a lot with calorie tracking!

I also downloaded the myfitnesspal app to help keep track of my diet. I also plan on jogging/walking 3-4 times a week for an hour and do pilates on the off days. (I did a 4 mile hike with a 90 pund bag yesterday so I am sure I burned a few calories off with that!)

I don't really have a goal picture because I gained weight FAST about 10 years ago back in high school (went from 140 to 190 in no time) and I was between 190-220 up until Nov 2009 when I started losing with the help from my doctor.

Since I am at a plateau right now, I need to jump start my loss. ANy one have any good ideas on how to jump start the weight loss? I though about trying a cleanse from GNC but it scares me a little! LOL.
    Becky & Dave
    CN July 2012

Here is an awesome food tracker: http://forum.lowcarber.org/myplan.php?. It's on a low carb forum, but you don't need to participate (other than creating a screen name) to use the MYPLAN tool.

@stacie&chris: im getting married at cti, what about you?

CSA for me

@ Becky...Are you just doing reduced calories or are you following a specific diet plan? (low fat, low carb)

I can sympathize with the fast weight gain. I went from 150 to 245 in the blink of an eye. :-(

Before my health issues and this quick weight loss I dieted down from my already small size 6 to a size 4 (probably what I was in the pictures I posted if the tiny size of my waist is any indication). As a powerlifter, I'm on several boards that also include bodybuilders--people who really KNOW how to diet. So, I really have a lot of information on diets and breaking stalls, but it would be helpful to know what you are doing.

I used a PSMF to get down to a size 4. It's a protein sparing modified fast. You basically only eat a lot of lean protein and veggies. I have an e-copy of it if you want to give me your email address, I will send it to you.

Regardless of what diet you're actually doing, if you are stalled, it's a good idea to up your calories to maintenance level for 2 weeks. If you've been keeping good track of your food, this is easy to determine. When you were actively losing weight, add all of your calories for one week. See how much weight you lost in that week. Let's say you were eating 1,500 calories a day--that's 10,500 calories in a week. Let's say you lost 2 pounds that week. Each pound is 3,500 calories. So, for that week you were in a caloric deficit of 7,000 calories, or 1,000 calories per day. Therefore, 2,500 calories is your daily maintenance. Now, this is overly simplistic because not all of our bodies process all types of calories the same way--particularly carbs. Since I am gluten intolerant, it is VERY difficult for me to lose weight while eating any wheat--I bloat like a water balloon. Since I have insulin resistance, it is difficult for me to lose weight while eating sugar and starchy carbs. So, I do lose weight on higher calories when I'm doing low carb as compared to low fat. So, when you up your calories, eat MORE of the same types of foods you were eating when you were dieting. In other words, don't eat a slice of pizza every day just because you're tying to up your calories, unless you were eating pizza while you were losing weight. Got it? The reason for doing this is that when you are dieting your metabolism will slow down because your body is trying to protect you from starving to death--seems silly when you have 50 pounds to lose, I now, but your body doesn't know that.

After two weeks as maintenance calories, start dieting again. As soon as your weight loss stops again (or slows to a painful crawl), do another 1-2 weeks at maintenance. This cycle (I did 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off PSMF) helped me get down to a lower size/weight than I've EVER been.

Now, if you're focusing more on exercise than dieting, I'm very sorry to say that weight loss is 90% diet. I gained my 95 pounds while going to the gym 2-4 days per week (1.5-2 hours a day).

Hi there. I'm very interested in the information you put above about PSMF. Can you forward it to me as well?? I'm getting married March 3, 2012 at TI and I feel like it's gonna be here before I know it. I'm at 170 and wanna be in the 135-140 range. Thank you, any info will help.

My email is heidiweece@yahoo.com... Thank you again :-)

I'll start a list of everyone's goals if you're willing to divulge your current weights. lol

I started at 250 pounds. I'm 215 now. My goal is 150. Wedding date is 5/15/12. I'm doing low carb (Atkins, pretty much.).

Thanks for all the info Stacie! I am going to try the PSMF. I have been doing low fat/low sugar diet. Trying to keep my sugar intake below 24g and my fat intake below 40g. I also have been jogging for an hour 3x a week and doing pilates 2x a week for about an hour and a half.

I am at 160 right now, goal is 125. Wedding date 7/18/12.
    Becky & Dave
    CN July 2012

I started at 190, down to 176 now. Goal is 140. I've already cut out all juices, sodas, and snacks. I guess smaller portions wouldn't hurt next lol

@ Becky

The PSMF that I highly recommend is by Lyle McDonald. Here is his website: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/ If you join the forum, it can be very helpful. He personally answers questions. You may even see my old posts on there (as LoveMyGSDs). If you email me at StacieAGlaze@comcast.net, I will email you back with a copy of the ebook.

BUT....Promise me you will up your calories for 2 weeks before starting it! You will reset your metabolism and drop weight like crazy on 2 weeks of PSMF. I know it's HARD and counterintuitive when you're in weight loss mode to eat more, but it really does work!! When I did the PSMF the first time I had gained a bit of weight....up to 170 or 180, I think. I was losing 4-5 pounds the first week of PSMF and around 3 pounds the second week. The ONE time I tried it for a third week I only lost 1 pound. BUT, if you do a week or two of maintenance calories, then you will go right back to the big numbers for the first week back on. All of us have PLENTY of time to lose the weight we need to lose, so taking a week or two off from dieting a month isn't a big deal.

OMG...My scale broke two days ago and I feel lost! lol I'm one of those people who weigh every morning, nekkid, before eating or drinking a thing. I can use the one at the gym, but I will be dressed and it's after I've eaten. Chris and I have a ton of plans for the holiday weekend, so spending $50 on a scale is out until next weekend. The good new is that my size 16 pants are getting very loose, so I do know I've lost some.

I'm going to start a PSMF next Saturday and do it for two weeks. I'm not starting it this weekend because I own't be able to eat anything at the 4th bbq we're going to. At least on Atkins, I can eat bunless burgers and hotdogs.

Hi I am very interested in the PSMF plan and would like for you to send me the info. I am getting married at CSS in July 2012 and I'm aiming at 30-40lbs to lose. My email is suiteC2008@yahoo.com Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone on this journey. We can do it!!!!

Name Start Weight Pounds Lost So Far Goal Weight Wedding Date

1. Stacie 250 35 150 5/16/2012

2. Becky 220 60 125 7/18/2012

3. toplopper 190 14 140 5/11/2012

I can email it to you on Friday. I'm working from home and I can't seem to find it on my home computer. I know I have it at work though.

Holidays, vacations, friends in from out of town = Becky has been eating bad. LOL

Well I upped my calorie intake for the past week and a half or so and I am hopefully going to start the PSMF on Monday. I have been researching it online and it sounds like an amazing way to jump start my weight loss since I have hit a plateau (plus a few pounds).

I need to get back to exercising too since I have been majorly slacking on that aspect. Hopefully I will get in a run or bike ride today but I may be too busy playing with my new washing machine. LOL.

One year from this Thursday and I will be at CSS! Hopefully that helps my motivation!
    Becky & Dave
    CN July 2012

I just sent everyone the e-book. Sorry for the delay. I have no idea why I have it on my work computer, but not my home computer!

I've done the PSMF for a week and a day now and I lost 3 pounds my first week.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast