Default Weather in Negril lately...

So as our honeymoon is quickly approaching, I've been checking the weather reports in Negril every day...and it doesn't look good! 70-80% chance of thunderstorms EVERY day for almost 2 weeks. Has it really been raining there for 2 weeks? I've heard that it rains usually in the afternoon for a little while, but there have been clouds (or so it seems from the radar) hanging over Jamaica every day that I've looked at it.

Can someone confirm what the weather has been like there? And what we can expect for the next 2 weeks?

Thanks!! <----hoping to be wearing sunglasses instead of ponchos!
    Danielle & Mike
    ----> Honeymooned at CSA June '11!
    --------> Really can't wait to be "home" again!

Fear not. in our experience there are 15-30 minutes of "liquid sunshine" daily. as for T-storms, while they are forecast often rarely do you see much more than a rumble or 2.

Worries are to be left on the mainland while on "Jamaica Time" and bring those shades, you will need them!

Yes, it will rain some. This is the time of the day when you head back to the room for a "nap"

Love, and life are good

I spoke to the resort today about another and asked this question as we arrive on Friday. She told me it has been rainy but they were hoping to have clear weather by the weekend.

We are used to the afternoon thundershowers and hoping that it all we will have.

When we were there it rained for a half hour or so about everday late in the afternoon. It gave us time to take a break from the beach and get a snack. I think I hung out in the hot tub during a pour down the one day. We had plenty of sunshine though.

We just got back from Negril on Friday. It was beautiful, not a drop of rain the whole time there. It was 83-85 degrees, clear blue skies, and a gentle breeze. It was paradise. Enjoy!

I'm at Csa now since Saturday and the weather has been horrible. Rained all day today from 8-5. Rained most of Monday and partly Sunday. Hope it gets better soon.
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain" - Bob Marley

We were in Negril May 2 - 12 and I made the mistake of checking the weather forecast before we left and I was really worried. Every day showed a nasty gray cloud with rain and lightning coming from it.

Let me tell you... of the 11 days we were there, we saw about 5 minutes of rain on two occassions. They were really both drizzles as far as I was concerned. Every day some dark clouds would roll over from the mountains but it was almost as if there was some invisible bubble that kept any rain from actually falling on CSA. Honestly... don't worry about it. :-)

Thanks everyone!! We can't wait to leave on Tuesday! xo
    Danielle & Mike
    ----> Honeymooned at CSA June '11!
    --------> Really can't wait to be "home" again!

I was at CSA from May 11th-20th and we had no rain. We did have a good bit of smoke to deal with one afternoon and in the mornings before the ocean breezes began to blow. Great weather!!

I'm so glad someone posted this thread, because I have been agonizing over the last week in anticipation of bad weather. I realize whether it rains or not, there's nothing we can do about it, but when you've been looking forward to a week of paradise for months, a forecast of nothing but clouds and thunderstorms can definitely rain on one's parade! Lol!

Is anyone still there now and can report on the weather from this week? Also, is anyone else planning to arrive within the next two days and is worried about the same thing?

I'll be there tomorrow with umbrella in tow! Hopefully, I wont need it much..

Sublimebrad,

I hope it clears up for you soon.

@sublimebrad- any updates? I'm leaving Wednesday th first for CN and have been wondering the same thing!!

why oh why did i open this post..i knew i shouldn't have cuz now im super worried about the weather for our honeymoon. We arrive to CN this coming Saturday...i hope the wife doesn't catch wind of this post otherwise she will be freaking out! From my prev experiences in Negril, the daily afternoon rain lasts about 5-15mins tops but from what the other guests are saying we will be in for some serious rain
    =(

TheSams... we will be there the day after you honeymoonin too. Praying for sunshine as well but am prepared to play in the rian if I must. Rest asured "PLAY" I will!!... rain or shine

I hope things cleared up for you sublimebrad.

I was at CSA from 5-13 to 5-20 and the weather said the same thing but I did not see one drop of rain, the weather was perfect!!!!

Any more updates on the weather down there? We will be at CN June 5th-12th.

After the cool Spring we are having in MI, I am praying for Sun and warmth the last week in June!
    1st time to Jamaica!
    ******CN June 2011*****

we are here at cn sine Wednesday may 25 and it only rained twice in the afternoon for less than an hour.good time to take a nap. it has been sunny in the morning or us. dont worry about the weather forecast. even if it rains, there will be plenty of things to do. and you dont need to bring your own umbrella because cn provides one in the room.

Since it's an island, weather changes quickly. My favorite fore cast site is the kocal Jamaica site.
    Local weather
    I always feel better when I look at the actual amount of rainfall. Either way, it's a vacation and it will be HOT!

I don't think there is every a forecast for Jamaica that doesnt call for some kind of rain.

We were there 19th-26th and until the last two days we experienced a total of 30 minutes of rain. The last two days were pretty ugly though. But it was still amazing. It comes and goes. Get up early every day and you should have at least most of the day without rain.

They are forecasting some possible nasty weather through the Western Caribbean by the end of this week. A lot of wind shear, troughs and warm water are conspiring to produce tropical development by Thursday through the weekend. Tracking suggests north-northwestward through Jamaica and eastern Cuba Sunday or Monday if it does develop as suggested. The site www.crownweather.com has a lot of good information pertaining to this.

From 5/21 to 5/28 it rained everyday. Two days it rained almost all day. The rest was rain in the afternoons with a few monsoons in the evenings. No bonfire or beach party due to rain. We had to cancel our catamaran and rebook due to rain as well. Would have been nice to have sunshine but we still enjoyed the swim up bar while it rained.
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain" - Bob Marley

Just in time for my wedding on Saturday. Awesome.