Default Its official...we are heading to Jamaica!

Its official! Papers were handed to us today and money was exchanged. We will be in Jamaica from Jan 27 2012 until Feb 3rd 2012. Now the offical countdown can begin.

I was wondering about the Trading Spaces. We are first timers and I am not able to locate much information regarding that other then what the threads say. Seeing it took my Hubby (david) and I over 3 months to decide which resort, I thought it would be great to get a taste of another while we are there.

David asked me today if I would like to do the romantic dinner on the beach thing. We are not very fancy eaters and we dont drink. Do you think it would still be worth it? How was your experiences?

I am so grateful for all the wonderful messages that come through this message board. For it is one of the reasons we finally decided on TI. So thank you all for showing your wonderful photos. Sharing your experiences and passing along much needed information to newbies like me.

Jamaica here we come.....Is it 2012 yet??

You will need to sign up for Romance Rewards before you go in order to take advantage of the Trading Places program. Once you get to CTI, go to the Guest Relations desk and sign up right away. They only go on Mon-Wed-Fri and only take 10 couples each time. The shuttle leaves at 10 AM and returns at 4 PM.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Congratulations!! You will LOVE Couples, I know that for sure. My hubby and I are in the same position as you were a few days ago. We cannot decide which resort to choose.

I really want to go to CSA but am afraid it may be too spread out to really get the true benefit of it all in just 1 week.

Thinking of doing the Secret Rendezvous that way all of the decision making is gone ;-] Then I am afraid I will get San Souci and not be able to deal with all of the hills due to all of my back surgeries.

How did you make your decision?

Default Our decision on TI

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffin View Post
    Congratulations!! You will LOVE Couples, I know that for sure. My hubby and I are in the same position as you were a few days ago. We cannot decide which resort to choose.

I really want to go to CSA but am afraid it may be too spread out to really get the true benefit of it all in just 1 week.

Thinking of doing the Secret Rendezvous that way all of the decision making is gone ;-] Then I am afraid I will get San Souci and not be able to deal with all of the hills due to all of my back surgeries.

To be honest with you when we planned on taking a "beach" vacation we had no place specific in mind. We looked at our budget and just sat down one day and searched all inclusive beach vacations. For some reason the very first picture I saw was of TI. For months I searched other options in US, Hawaii even Cruises. Everytime I would come up with another idea I never could fully 100% commit myself to that new idea. I had never heard of Couples Resort before. Of course I have heard of the 'other' resorts but all of the stories I hear about those seem to revolve around a younger crowd and alot of partying. At 40 that is not my cup of tea any longer.

When we made the decision to go to a Couples than I did alot of reading this message board. I made a list of the pros and cons of things I would hear people write about. Everyone has differnt ideas of what they expect on their vacation. So something you might think is a Pro I might find as a Con. I am a free lance photographer so I was looking for only a few things. Photo oppertunity, Relaxation, Activities, Spa & great customer service.

I have bad knees so a couple resorts had to be removed from a choice because of alot of stairs. TI was our choice because of all the many many many things I have read on this message board. Almost all people who have gone there always say they will go back. I honestly dont think I have read any bad things about TI. I dont care for the 3 hour ride from the airport but from what others say it is a good time to use as a learning experience about their land and culture. I am excited to to the horseback riding on the beach as well as Dunns River Falls. One of the resorts are located in the town which I hear is a downer for a location. (I dont remember which one).

So thats my scoop in how we got to where we are today in our vacation plans. My thoughts to you is this..... go with your gut! The sooner you decide the more time you will have enjoying the countdown. If you want to contact me feel free. tarajo56701@yahoo.com. Let me know how your plans are going and what you decide. WHen do you plan on going?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffin View Post

CSA is definitely not too spread out to "get the full benefit of it all in just 1 week". Many guests are only there for a week and certainly enjoy all the CSA has to offer. I'm not sure how "spread out" you are picturing it but while it is more spread out than the others it's not like it covers are area measured in square miles or something. Essentially there are two main restaurants at either end of the property, also a beach bar at either end of the beach so it isn't as centralized but you could easily eat at both ends of the resort in one day without feeling you had done a marathon. If CSA calls to you go, a week will allow you plenty of time to take it all in.

You will love CTI! It was amazing!!!! We were first timers there, and though I suppose it is nice to get a taste of two resorts, I wish I could go back to CTI every time. Unfortunately my next trip back we're going to CSA in Negril to see my brother get married. A lot of people seemed to think the private dinners were overrated. I saw a couple of them happening and to me they didn't look that private or that great. All of the restaurants at CTI are fantastic! I would give anything for a steak at 8 Rivers or a grilled cheese at the Pool Grill right now

pick CTI! Trust me! I'm going to CSA for my brother's wedding in March and am so disappointed that he didn't pick CTI cause I would rather go back there!

@tara----thank you for your insight. It is greatly appreciated. I think we have it down to CTI or CSA but I am so STUCK. DH said to put the names in a hat and pick. I tell you I am really tempted to do that. We are aiming for August 20-27th.

My goal for this trip is to re-connect with each other. This will be our 13th wedding anniversary on August 13 and both of our Birthdays in August. Though our marriage is very strong, after 13 years the "romance" has taken a back seat in life. I am looking for that picture perfect setting. In my head that is CSA with the palm tree lined beach, beautiful sand and awesome waters.

However, I like the color scheme or TI, the elegance and look of the resort. We can also get the best room category for the same price as an Atrium room at CSA. But the beach at TI just isn't doing it for me.

@Sherry --- we spent 14 days at CN a few years ago and loved it. We liked how the resort was laid out with everything being rather close. I guess looking at the ariel view of CSA it looks really big, must just be that view. I appreciate your letting me know it is just my imagination!

What would you all do?

Thanks

Fluffin....BTW I got my nickname when we were at CN!