Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    458

    Default Romance Reward Questions

    We stayed at Couples Negril for 14 nights a few years ago. Does this not count toward the Romance Reward Loyalty program? We are planning a return visit CSA for 7 nights in late August which should take us to 21 nights.

    Any insight?

    Regards

    Fluffin

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Did you sign up for the rewards program and did you tell them about your 14 night stay a few years ago, not sure but I think you may of need to tell them about your stay with in a year of that stay to get credit for it???

    I do know that nights are counted after your stay, so at the most you will only have 14 nights. To check see the romance reward link on the bottom of page

  3. #3

    Default

    If I remember correctly points expire after 4 years, but more importantly if you do not return for 2 years you revert to zero. I think Randy would be best to confirm if I'm correct but I do know that's how it used to be.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    458

    Default

    I signed up for the ROMANCE REWARDS program on the Couples site. We spent 14 nights at CN back in 2006 or 2007 and spent upwards of $7500.00 for the trip.

    I just called the 800# to see if those nights would count. I was told NOPE. You have to register those nights within a year or lose them.

    My comment was that I only wanted the Couples T-Shirt as my husband collects T-Shirts from all of our travels. We were willing to spend another $3500.00 at CSA. Still NOPE.

    Like someone else said we are asked to support the resort by voting for it which we all do. We give it the best FREE advertising, word of mouth, and our repeat patronage isn't worth a fart because it wasn't soon enough.

    Right now I am feeling very foolish for supporting Couples all of these years. Maybe I am just in a sensitive mood this morning....LOL

    Have a great afternoon everyone

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    We stayed a CN two years ago and tried to get backdated Romance Rewardspoints (this year) as I didn't know about the scheme until this return trip to CTI. Unfortunately, the rule appears to be that you must register within twelve months of your visit or lose any benefit. I've now signed up for this years trip....

    Regards
    MajorMike

  6. #6

    Default

    I am truly disappointed to read that someone feels "...foolish for supporting Couples all these years". Show me any other loyalty program that allows one to register points/stays/flights, etc for travel from 5 years ago. If you stayed with us in years 2006 and prior, then you did receive the repeat guest benefits that were offered at the time. If you recall, there were no levels back then. Regardless of the number of nights you stayed, every repeat guest received the same static benefits. And now you force us to defend ourselves against your post on TripAdvisor? Over a couple of t-shirts?

    We take pride in offering a competitively priced product with more inclusions than anyone. The Romance Rewards program is a bonus for our loyal guests. Since you are now registered, you will begin receiving the benefits.

    We look forward to welcoming you all home again soon!
    Last edited by Couples Resorts; June 5th, 2011 at 08:01 AM.

    Couples Resorts

  7. #7

    Default

    Wow! We're signed up for Romance Rewards, but would be returning without any type of rewards program. Thanks, Randymon and Couples, for all you do. We normally don't go to the same place twice, but I just didn't bother to look for anywhere else for this year's vacation - 2010 was the best ever!!!
    Last edited by JaneStewart; June 5th, 2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: wrong date

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Randymon, It appears that you can't please everyone all the time.... Dang, I must be a odd ball because Couples pleases Us EVERYTIME!!!! Hurry August 19........I want to be PLEASED SOME MORE!!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffin View Post
    I signed up for the ROMANCE REWARDS program on the Couples site. We spent 14 nights at CN back in 2006 or 2007 and spent upwards of $7500.00 for the trip.

    I just called the 800# to see if those nights would count. I was told NOPE. You have to register those nights within a year or lose them.

    My comment was that I only wanted the Couples T-Shirt as my husband collects T-Shirts from all of our travels. We were willing to spend another $3500.00 at CSA. Still NOPE.

    Like someone else said we are asked to support the resort by voting for it which we all do. We give it the best FREE advertising, word of mouth, and our repeat patronage isn't worth a fart because it wasn't soon enough.

    Right now I am feeling very foolish for supporting Couples all of these years. Maybe I am just in a sensitive mood this morning....LOL

    Have a great afternoon everyone
    For years they would allow you to sign up and get credit for travel during that period but they also said to do it ASAP because the policy was going to change. That changed over a year ago but they gave so much warning. I think it's a little ridiculous to expect them to give you credit towards a program that during your last stay didn't even exist like it does now. Try going to Best Buy and asking for the Reward Zone points for the fridge you bought in 2006 so you can use the gift certificate now.

    Just buy a t-shirt at the gift shop if you really want one. They are of better quality than the free ones anyway.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Maybe it’s just us but, we are not coming back to Couple because of a loyalty program. We are coming back because Couples is to wonderful to describe, from the resort to all the people who make our week stay out of this world. And you dont want to get me stated on how beautiful Jamaica is. Don’t get us wrong the “romance rewards” is a great perk, another example of how Couples goes above and beyond for its guest, but t-shirt or no t-shirt we can’t not wait to return home, 3 days to go.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Fluffin - I'll be at CSS in two weeks. If you post an e-mail address and your husbands shirt size, I'll contact you when we get back and send you the T-Shirt. Call it a Fathers Day gift :-)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    I am truly disappointed to read that someone feels "...foolish for supporting Couples all these years". Show me any other loyalty program that allows one to register points/stays/flights, etc for travel from 5 years ago. If you stayed with us in years 2006 and prior, then you did receive the repeat guest benefits that were offered at the time. If you recall, there were no levels back then. Regardless of the number of nights you stayed, every repeat guest received the same static benefits. And now you force defend ourselves against your post on TripAdvisor? Over a couple of t-shirts?

    We take pride in offering a competitively priced product with more inclusions than anyone. The Romance Rewards program is a bonus for our loyal guests. Since you are now registered, you will begin receiving the benefits.

    We look forward to welcoming you all home again soon!

    We REALLY need a "like" button!!!

    Sheesh people...lighten up! If you've ever participated in a rewards program from a store have you been able to get points for purchases you made 5 years prior when you weren't signed up??? How about credit card rewards..."Well...I've been using a VISA card for 20 years why can't I get some points for some of that stuff?" Really. Think of it from a business point of view not from your selfishness and greed. This is about YOU EARNING what they will GIVE YOU FREE. Yes, you paid for a stay at the resort but that doesn't actually entitle you to free stuff, it entitles you to the stay you paid for. If Couples happens to be gracious enough to have a rewards program the least we as guests could do is play by the rules, and the bottom line is THEY get to set the rules. If we happen to be playing outside the rules and they make some sort of exception then we ought to be grateful rather than acting like two year olds having a temper tantrum when they opt NOT to make the exception. Ultimately you got what you paid for when you booked the trip, paid for the trip, flew over and stayed at the resort. Anything else is above and beyond what you are entitled to.

    Personally, I'm getting so sick of reading all this complaining I wish they'd do away with the whole program. If some people opt not to return over it then it just makes it easier for me to book my room on a little shorter notice...I'm plenty happy to keep returning regardless and I'll be smiling just as big.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Please don't do away with the program! We are just getting started...lol
    Thanks Couples for all that you do. Y'all are da bomb!

    CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    772

    Default

    We are a member of Hyatt rewards, and in order to maintain your "standing" you have to accumulate your nights in every CALENDAR year. Yup. And it's a lot more restrictive, too. You have to have 15 nights or 5 stays to get your "perks" and they don't count them toward your visit if you have ANY kind of discounted stay. Like -- once I booked on expedia, and that didn't count. And once, I booked a "special" rate (friend who was an employee) and THAT didn't count. And the perks aren't as good as Couples' perks. We were short by one stay in 12 months and stayed on Jan 2 the following year. Would they bump us up? Nope. It has to be between Jan 1 and Dec 31.

    Guess what? I STILL stay at Hyatt. Because I like it. It's a great hotel.

    This last trip to Couples, we got $700 in resort credits. Would I go back without them? Yup. Will I continue to visit Couples? Yup. Would I go if they cancelled the entire repeaters' program? Yup. (Although keep the dinner, please. I LOVE the repeaters' dinner.)

    Peace out. ♥
    Vee
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,951

    Default

    Yes, please a like button. There were several "warnings", if you will, posted here to register for the program or nights would be lost. But as others have said, that is not why we return. It is for the time with each other, with good friends made over the years, amazing food, awesome staff, and beautiful surroundings. Not because of the "stuff" we get for returning.
    Vicky

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    I am truly disappointed to read that someone feels "...foolish for supporting Couples all these years". Show me any other loyalty program that allows one to register points/stays/flights, etc for travel from 5 years ago. If you stayed with us in years 2006 and prior, then you did receive the repeat guest benefits that were offered at the time. If you recall, there were no levels back then. Regardless of the number of nights you stayed, every repeat guest received the same static benefits. And now you force us to defend ourselves against your post on TripAdvisor? Over a couple of t-shirts?

    We take pride in offering a competitively priced product with more inclusions than anyone. The Romance Rewards program is a bonus for our loyal guests. Since you are now registered, you will begin receiving the benefits.

    We look forward to welcoming you all home again soon!
    I will admit, as I posted on Trip Advisor, that I was a little surprised by Randy's response to this, I think that I read it the first time it sounded a little harsh to me. I have since gone back and re-read the post and I have to reverse my opinon. Maybe in part because I was able to go back and read a lot of posts that have been made (unemployed right now, bored out of my mind) and from what I can gather this whole stink is being made over a t-shirt, that in truth the best that I have been able to figure the OP was not entitled to in the first place.

    They stayed at CN in 2006, signed up for RR while there, have not been back to take advantage of any of the perks of the RR program. Were planning on coming back this year and wanted to not only collect on nights that have expired, but think that the new stay should count while they are there towards their perks.

    Did I get that out right? Anyway, Couples please keep up the good work. I am sooooooooo counting the days until my return to CN.

  17. #17

    Default

    Why do people who have a different opinion or expeience get trashed on this MB? Obviously the person who started this post is feeling hurt and disapointed. Maybe they misundestood the RR rules only now to find out they don't qualify. A simple explaination of the rules would surfice. No need to pile on the hurt and publically shame them.
    We all have enough disapointment and hurt in our lives. Let's not add to each other's.
    Kegger, that's a very kind offer and more in keeping with what I expect from a Couples guest. You are obviously a special person. I hope I have the pleasure of meeting you one day.
    Karon

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    I will admit, as I posted on Trip Advisor, that I was a little surprised by Randy's response to this, I think that I read it the first time it sounded a little harsh to me. I have since gone back and re-read the post and I have to reverse my opinon. Maybe in part because I was able to go back and read a lot of posts that have been made (unemployed right now, bored out of my mind) and from what I can gather this whole stink is being made over a t-shirt, that in truth the best that I have been able to figure the OP was not entitled to in the first place.

    They stayed at CN in 2006, signed up for RR while there, have not been back to take advantage of any of the perks of the RR program. Were planning on coming back this year and wanted to not only collect on nights that have expired, but think that the new stay should count while they are there towards their perks.

    Did I get that out right? Anyway, Couples please keep up the good work. I am sooooooooo counting the days until my return to CN.
    They said they signed up for the program online, I took that to mean recently but it could have been a while ago I guess. Either way, I hadn't thought of it that way. Those points would be expired by now anyway and the new ones won't count until next time.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Why do people who have a different opinion or expeience get trashed on this MB? Obviously the person who started this post is feeling hurt and disapointed. Maybe they misundestood the RR rules only now to find out they don't qualify. A simple explaination of the rules would surfice. No need to pile on the hurt and publically shame them.
    We all have enough disapointment and hurt in our lives. Let's not add to each other's.
    Kegger, that's a very kind offer and more in keeping with what I expect from a Couples guest. You are obviously a special person. I hope I have the pleasure of meeting you one day.
    Karon
    The original question was innocent enough and didn't elicit any sarcastic responses. If you continue to read the thread it's the follow-up post on June 2nd where the OP spouts a bit and even states she feels foolish for having supported Couples all these years that has started the response. The OP didn't follow the Romance Rewards rules, and they aren't off by a little but by a whole lot and yet they have the audacity to state feel foolish for supporting Couples essentially over the lack of receiving a couple free t-shirts. Start spouting and you are begging for a response.

  20. #20

    Default

    Sherrynchuck,
    Not everyone knows that using capitals in an email is like shouting. However, I do see your point here. Unfortunatley not all posts made it to this MB. I believe there was an appology sent that was never posted.
    People can feel very betrayed and hurt when something (or someone) they love doesn't live up to their expectations. Even if the expectations are too lofty or based on incorrect assumptions. I think many of us are quite passionate about Couples. I know I am.
    I make these comments with Peace, Love and Respect in my heart.
    Karon

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Sherry, We all wish we had the "LIKE" button and if we did would be pushing the like button a whole lot on your comment!!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    290

    Default Romance "Rewards"

    I am a travel agent and every year I CHOOSE to go to Couples. I pay full price so I can go when I want to go. I get no travel agent discount (although they do have a very good program for travel agents). I CHOOSE to go to Couples because it is a great value. Because of fantastic service. Because of beautiful properties. Because of great entertainment. Because of outstanding food. Did I mention fantastic service? And on top of all this they "reward" me for going there. I've been in the business for 30 years and have found no other resort or company that even comes close to what Couples offers. I have and will continue to STRONGLY recommend Couples to my clients.
    Nuf said......
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •