Default CSS - In October

This is my husband and my first trip to CSS and to Jamaica. We arrive on October 8th. Just in time to celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary. Any advice for us newbies? I see some threads on no-tipping. Really? I'm used to Mexico where you give a dollar for every drink or two. Set me straight please.

No tipping at Couples. A staff member can be fired for accepting a tip. Please don't tempt them.

The best tip you can give to a Couples employee is to write down their name and put it on the comment card when you leave. Couples bases raises and promotions based on the comment cards.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

We will see you there. We arrive on the 7. We will celebrating our 2nd anniversary. We got married in 09 at CSS on the beach.
    Yes you did read correct no tipping any couples staff. You do tip baggage carriers at the airport and the van driver but thats it. Only advice I can give you is enjoy and relax.
    CSS OCT 2009
    CSS OCT 2011
    CSS OCT 2014

Hi Steve and Lora! You are going to love Jamaica, and being at CSS!! Nope, no tipping allowed at Couples!! We have been to CSS 3 times, and think that it is the most beautiful spot on Earth, for many reasons, far too many to mention here! If you'd like, send us an e-mail to pellis4@cogeco.ca, and we'll send you lots of info about CSS, and some of our pictures from our 3 trips!
    (Karen&Paul)

Really. No tipping to Couples employees. Check around for other discussions as to ways to show appreciation to staff.

Great suggestion, Wally! I will definitely mention names when completing a survey and will fill out cards before our departure. I understand the service at CSS is world class.

Quote Originally Posted by river View Post
    We will see you there. We arrive on the 7. We will celebrating our 2nd anniversary. We got married in 09 at CSS on the beach.
    Yes you did read correct no tipping any couples staff. You do tip baggage carriers at the airport and the van driver but thats it. Only advice I can give you is enjoy and relax.
    My fiance and I just booked our first ever trip to Couples (CSS) for our Honeymoon we are going in Oct too. 5th to the 11th.

Awesome! I sooo can't wait! See you there!

See you there!!

Just to clarify, the spa ladies are not Couples employees so you can tip them. We tip what we would normally tip at home. You all have a blast, I'm very envious!

Steve & Lora:
    You will have the time of your life. Wife and I were at CSS last October. We renewed after 30 years of marriage. Yes CSS is a world class operation. From the food, drinks, and service. And there is no tipping.
    We were so impressed with the service that we actually wanted to bring the entire staff home with us. But again, why would they ever want to leave "Heaven on Earth"?
    But seriously the entire staff was wonderful to us

Steve and Lora,

So excited for you!!! We love CSS and agree that is the best place on earth!!! We will be heading back on Oct 12. So we may see you there!!!

I am confident that you will absolutely love it, and then be hooked like the rest of us and start planning your next trip as soon as you get home!

It is true there are just sooooo many good things about CSS it would be a long response to list them all here!!

But s fantastic place to celebrate your anniversary!!!!

There is a meet up thread for couples CSS where people are popping in to say hi and see who else is going to be there around the same time, if you are interested in getting to know other couples that will be here in October too!!

Feel free to email me as well if you have any specific questions or wanting to see some pictures. Amandabrunke@gmail.com
    Amanda & Chris
    Edmonton, AB

"Were Coming HOME with our Jamaican Crew Oct 12, 2011"