Thread: Had the...

Default Had the...

worst day of my life. The house is being sold at auction, but hubby took me out for a wonderful dinner of beer and hot wings and now I'm listening to some reggae. My entire world is falling apart, but somehow beer and reggae allows me to survive. Tomorrow will come and there is more heartache to face, but for tonight I am swinging to the reggae and dreaming of CN. Oh how I wish we could go home. Jamaica soon come.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

There but for the grace of God, go any of us. I'm sorry you're going through these hard times. Hang in there, and enjoy these things that keep you going.

Hang in there!!!!! Jamaica soon come!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Just remember you have "family" who will listen when you need to vent. Good luck in the next couple of weeks, and I'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers that things improve.
    Linda

Coloradojuli.....
    So sorry to hear of your woes...these are some tough times. The wonderful memories of Jamaica & Couples has helped us get through some tough times too. I hope things turn around quickly for you and all is Irie soon and you're back on the beach.

Juli - I don't know what is going on behind the scene you describe, but it sounds like you have your most important links in place with a good relationship holding firm. We love our homes and our possessions, but aren't they just stuff? There are millions of women out there who'd trade their wealth in a heartbeat for your riches - your memories and your future. Hold on honey - this too shall pass.

Not quite sure what all you're going thru but just wanted to say how sorry I was for all of your pain!!
    Maybe tonight more beer for dinner? Ha
    No really hope you're ok!!

In times like these, remember what Bob Marley says. . . "Don't worry, about a thing cuz every little thing is going to be alright." That always helps my really bad days. And smile, even if you have to fake it

So sorry to hear that you got dragged into all that. I know that as you reflect on what you could have done differently, or wonder how you got into such a terrible mess, that you might tend to be quite hard on yourselves. I suggest you contact your local public library to see if you can obtain a copy of the book "All the Devils Are Here", which tells the whole and unfiltered story of what the hell happened to you and so many others. You may find that although you did participate in this sculduggery by signing on the dotted line, others were far more culpable, both morally and possibly criminally so.

Hope you find your way back to your happy place on our beautiful home away from home. Good luck to you.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

so sorry to hear of your situation. Sure hope things turn around for you soon so you can return to our beloved Jamaica!
    Prayers of good fortune your way!

Sorry to hear of whatever it is that is happening. Times like these are always a good time to reassess priorities. Good luck with the future.

Oh Juli I am so very very sorry for all that you are going through. You probably don't remember us, Pat and Jeanette from Delaware. We met in '06 at CN along with Tommy and the rest of the Fools. You and your hubby were so happy to just BE with each other. That my dear is all that matters.

I have gone through the same exact thing you are with losing the house, cars and just about everything else many moons ago due to a horrendous auto accident not of our making. The one thing that got me through everything is the one true saying "home is where the heart is" As long as you are with your husband and you both are committed to your relationship then all else is secondary.

I suggest reading, listening to or at least going to Dave Ramsey's web site, www.daveramsey.com He is how we got back on our feet once everything was settled in the courts.

Be strong, reach out to those around you when you need to and never forget how to laugh!!

Big hugs

Jeanette

To give a little bit more background. I got extremely ill in 12/09 and lost my job in 2/10. Hubby lost his job in 9/10 and neither have been able to find work. Thus, bills have piled up with no money to pay them and the house will foreclose on the 23rd.

A bit of good news, hubby found a job in Phoenix that just might work. We will see.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Princess Juli....Peggy and I are very sorry to hear the news about your home.
    You and Scott have each other and that's more important.
    You two have been so much these past few years so hopefully,breaks will be coming your way soon.

Love and miss you two.

Hugs from Tommy and Peggy of 10 0 c

Thinking of you!!!!

Scott and Juli - prayers for better days filled with sunshine and love for you two - I am King's wife and read your posts for the past years - cnsmitten. You two have survived health, career and kept your marriage intact. I am saddened to hear about your house but so humbled by your strength and love for each other. My husband is from Elizabeth CO and we were just in Castle Rock and thought of you two as you live in Evergreen. May Jah's love hold you close, may you fall asleep together on one pillow wherever that pillow may lie, and may you soon return to Couples. I pray your health is okay Juli

I am sorry to hear this. Stay strong!

Juli, Hang in there. That which does not kill us makes us stronger. I agree with fluffin about Dave Ramsey. It is an excellent program that does work, although it can be painful at first. We have family in Phoenix, and they love it. Surely you will also.

Sorry tohear that, hopefully your health is good now. I know what it is like looking for a job. Keep your chin up, hopefully this opportunity your hubby has will turn thing around. Some new scenery to start anew. Keep your chin up!
    Erika & Sean

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. Scott heads to Phoenix this week to meet with a potential employer and I just found a job there for me. Keep prayers coming that we both get the jobs and that the companies will pay for the transfer.

It would be nice to move to Phoenix as most of my family lives there and my dad's health isn't so great so it would be really nice to be close to him

If we can get these jobs and transfer to Phoenix, I feel like we will be getting a 'do over' button. We are a bit older than I'd like to be to be starting over, but at least we will get the chance and for that I am grateful.

Thank you for your prayers and well wishes.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Juli, so sorry to hear this. better days soon come.

Randy
    it's all about the kids

www.issatrustfoundation.com

So sorry Juli, it has happened to me in a similar way a long time ago, you will fight back and look on it one day as another episode in your life that has made you stronger x

I can't even begin to imagine what you've been going through..and i pray your health has returned...As the old saying goes, "where one door closes, a window (of opportunity) opens"....and it sounds like that's happening....Hope all works out in Arizona...a new adventure for you and hubby....Keep your glass Half Full!

Juli,

I too am so, so, sorry about your losses. I do hope and pray that everything works out and that Phoenix is your new home.

Hold on to each other.

Juli, I'm very sorry for all that you are going through right now. I feel so sad for these trials and tribulations you have faced. I admire your strength and that you and Scott are supporting each other and are respectful to each other through thick and thin. Best wishes with these new opportunities in Arizona. My wish for you both is that you can start fresh, be healthy, and be at peace. Take things day by day and try not to feel overwhelmed. Keep faith and trust that good things will happen!