Default MBJ flight to Negril

Long time users of Tim Air......considering Interairlink this time......does anyone have info pro/con on this idea?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

We flew Interairlink for the first time from Negril to Sangster this past April. The plane was a bit newer than Timair but, other than that it was no different. Nice smooth flight with a very professional pilot (unfortunately I can't remember his name).
    We did miss Curtis though. If you have ever flown with him, you know what I mean. He's pretty entertaining and a great guide. The scheduled time fit in for us so that is why we gave them a try since it was about $50 cheaper for the two of us to go Interairlink over Timair.
    We did miss Curtis but 50 bucks is 50 bucks as they say. I would definitely recommend them and will use them again.

We've done both several times and find them similar.

We haven't done Int'l AirLink since they reincarnated, but probably will next trip.
    Their scheduled flights can be a bit lower cost than TA's charters, last I heard.

Check out their website.... pricing to Negril from MBJ is quite good; its the kind of competition that was sorely needed in this very narrow, niche market.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

See the sticky at the top of the page. There is a whole thread about Interairlink.

Thinking of doing the same for our trip in July. Wife hates the bus ride, plus it fits in perfectly with our MBJ flight schedule. Quick question though.... Do you have to make additional arrangements to get from Negril aerodrome to the resort?

jaxbucsfan -

If you're going to CN, its right across the street... just be careful crossing Norman Manley! If you're headed to SweptAway, a cabbie will gladly take you there... its about 2 miles toward Negril from the Aerodrome.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

There are always taxis. No need to do this until you land. The Negril airport is directly across the street from CN and I believe approx 5 mi from CSA. As always in Jamaica; discuss the fare before you go. Usually $5-$6 to CN.
    Once you do this you will never take the bus again. The view is spectacular!!!!!
    In the past we have checked in; unpacked; had breakfast and were in the pool as folks we met in the airport we just arriving at the resort.
    Have safe trip; we'll be there (CN) 6/29-7/10/11; maybe we'll see you!

We used them for the first time this past April. Shane was our pilot and it was terrific! We had scheduled it in advance and missed the scheduled time. But it was not a problem-they let us throw back a quick beer in the Couples Lounge and took us right to a flight!

prs145. Love the idea of having a second or third Red Stripe before the quick flight to Negril. Did they put you on the next scheduled flight or make a special trip for you? Flying in on AA so we will probably be delayed and miss the scheduled departure. It would be quicker to take the bus than wait for the next scheduled flight. I have tried to contact Intl Airlink several times and had no reply. We love TimAir but they are getting a little too expensive. I have been in contact with several July repeaters and they all have similar questions so any feedback would be appreciated.

Captain- we overlap one day so hope to see you the evening of the 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by prs145 View Post
    We used them for the first time this past April. Shane was our pilot and it was terrific! We had scheduled it in advance and missed the scheduled time. But it was not a problem-they let us throw back a quick beer in the Couples Lounge and took us right to a flight!
    Hi prs145...did you have to wait for the next scheduled flight? Did you pay extra for a charter?
    Thanks for the info....

Quote Originally Posted by Jndp View Post
    prs145. Love the idea of having a second or third Red Stripe before the quick flight to Negril. Did they put you on the next scheduled flight or make a special trip for you? Flying in on AA so we will probably be delayed and miss the scheduled departure. It would be quicker to take the bus than wait for the next scheduled flight. I have tried to contact Intl Airlink several times and had no reply. We love TimAir but they are getting a little too expensive. I have been in contact with several July repeaters and they all have similar questions so any feedback would be appreciate

Captain- we overlap one day so hope to see you the evening of the 9th.
    jdnp---I know what you mean...can't get any reply from IAL.....in the past we would go to Tim Air and take off immediately. If I schedule IAL it would be the 10AM flight....if delayed I beluieve I would have to wait for the 11AM or pay extra for a charter......can't seem to get a firm answer on this one....my flight from Philly usually gets in about 8:20 AM so the 10 should not be a problem....but you never know....with Tim Air we have been at CN before 10....plenty of time for a mimosa and breakfast!!!

Look for me on the evening of the 9th...I'll be the one with the dark tan...tears streaming from my eyes as I leave on the 10th!

Have a safe trip...thanks for the info..

PS...for $58 more...it looks like Tim Air gets the nod.....plus you can't put a price on flying with Curtis!!!

I read somewhere (on one of the sites, cant remember which) not to be concerned with scheduling and just go to their desk in the airport (you'll pass it on the way to Couples Lounge). That they usually have availability and will put you on next flight. On the off chance they don't have availability, then head to shuttle.

This is exactly what we did. On May 21. However no one was at their desk. We waited about 10 minutes, got frustrated/impatient, so just went to lounge/shuttle.

I cant be mad at Airlink since I didn't have a reservation - in fact next trip I will actually book - I just wanted anyone who may get same advice to be aware.

Rachel

Leaning the same way. Makes me nervous when a company that doesn't seem to want your business is the one thing keeping us from getting home to CN again. You are lucky to get there so early. Our flight out of DFW doesn't land at MBJ until 2:00.

Yes, Curtis is the best! We have flown with him several times and have made some very interesting approaches in the Negril Aerodrome buzzing Couples and well as the "H" resort. Love that view out of the airplane as we can finally see Bloody Bay again and know we are only minutes away!

Have a great time and hope to meet up on the 9th.