Default Need some assurance/advice...

I went to CTI last summer and was blown away by...well...everything. I am a very picky eater but managed to find things that were only a little outside my box, plus the pool grill there makes grilled cheese that can't be beat. NOW my dilemma is that my brother is getting married at CSA and of course I'm going, but I don't want to go there, I want to go back to CTI! I'm reading through CSA's menu's and having a freak out moment because nothing looks appetizing, it's all seafood and I don't eat seafood Anyone that's been to CSA and/or CTI that can give me any idea of what I'm in for or possible solutions I would love that!

Thanks
    295 days

The menus are just as stated...sample menus...they do not list every food item served every day or on any given day. CSA has a grill as well and I suspect you'll find plenty there to please your less than adventurous palate. Try seagrapes, they have some fabulous options as well. The other restaurants have great options too but you specifically mentioned the grill so I started there. Patios Patio has pizza and though they have some options on the menu they will change the toppings for you so ask what is available...realize they have to stick with what they have but if nothing else you get a cheese pizza so you don't starve. If you don't see something you like on a menu ask your server how you can alter something that is somewhat appealing, they are always willing to accommodate. I think you'll find you LOVE the food at CSA.

Don't be afraid, there are more choices at CSA.Swept Away is the best of the best.

Don't be afraid, there are more choices at CSA.Swept Away is the best of the best.

The one thing I know about Couples is that they will make sure you are happy when it comes to food. IF for some reason you are finding you cannot find something to eat simply ask to speak to the chef. Explain what is going on. I am sure something will be done to accommodate you.

However, I am sure you will NOT have a problem at CSA. Like you I do not eat seafood except for crab. Never had a problem at CN. So I do not foresee a problem this year at CSA!

Also, CSA has an evening pasta bar at the Palms - we've never tried it, but the smells are to DIE for!! And if you just like pasta with butter, I'm sure they'll indulge you. Honestly, the only restaurant that you may want to shy away from is Lemongrass (Thai / Jamaican fusion), as they really don't have much "American" food on the menu....It would be a shame for you to miss out on this experience, though, as dining on the outdoor balcony with the moon above and the torches flaring is really something that shouldn't be missed....If you want to give this a try, you might want to order a couple of the appetizer platters. This has egg rolls, chicken wings and lots of fried stuff that you'd find in a more Americanized Chinese restaurant.

Feathers offers plenty of meat options (chicken and beef). You can always order your food "naked" (without sauce).

And breakfast at either the Palms or Patois will provide you with eggs any style, pancakes, bacon, french toast, fruit, yogurt, etc.

Please don't freak yourself out - you're going to Couples, and since you're a CTI fan, you KNOW how well you'll be treated!!

Now just take the next 295 days figuring out how you can help to make your brother's wedding a totally happy and memorable experience....

If anything, you will have MORE choices at CSA as the resort is bigger! No worries!

Default Food Choices

While I have never been to CSA, we go to CN, I do not eat ANY seafood. I never go hungry while we are at CN - I love Lychee which sounds comparable to Lemongrass and I get all chicken or beef items.

My husband loves the seafood and that way we are both happy. I would think you would just fine in terms of food choices at any Couples resort!

Have fun!

Thanks everyone!!!!

My wife didn't enjoy seafood the first time we went to CSA and she was blown away from all the different options for all the meals. Never been to CTI, but we've been to CSA,CN, and CSS - they all offer a wide variety and you will always find something great to eat! We love CSA and are happy to be returning this October - and the banana stuffed french toast for breakfast is a must!

I can't eat any type of seafood or fish and I find plenty to eat. The sample menus only show a small portion of what they serve.

Quote Originally Posted by sherrynchuck View Post
    The menus are just as stated...sample menus...they do not list every food item served every day or on any given day. CSA has a grill as well and I suspect you'll find plenty there to please your less than adventurous palate. Try seagrapes, they have some fabulous options as well. The other restaurants have great options too but you specifically mentioned the grill so I started there. Patios Patio has pizza and though they have some options on the menu they will change the toppings for you so ask what is available...realize they have to stick with what they have but if nothing else you get a cheese pizza so you don't starve. If you don't see something you like on a menu ask your server how you can alter something that is somewhat appealing, they are always willing to accommodate. I think you'll find you LOVE the food at CSA.
    The pizza part was not true when we were there in Oct. In the past I was able to get a pizza without the topping I was allergic to but that time they told me the pizzas were all premade so they couldn't modify them. Same with the shrimp and cheese quesadilla. That had been my favorite thing on their menu but in Oct they said they were not able to make one without shrimp. I even talked to someone ahead of time and they said it was fine as long as I told them what I needed when we were ordering. I'm not sure what changed but it was like that the whole trip.

This me and just me. I do things on vacation that I would never do at home. I hate seafood too.... Last year my 5th trip... That's all I ate. I always try to do different things on vacation and I sometimes surprise myself. Go for it!!!

snugglebugs ... no worries ... I am no a sea food gal and CSA has a great variety. My husband Scott is a picky eater and found plenty to suit his taste. LOVE CSA! (Just had to throw that in.....Dec CAN'T come soon enough!!!) Audrey

@Melody - in the future simply ask to speak with a food service manager on your first day. Explain your allergies. I guarantee you they will accommodate your needs.

Yes, foods are premade....but they need to be made at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by arewethereyet? View Post
    @Melody - in the future simply ask to speak with a food service manager on your first day. Explain your allergies. I guarantee you they will accommodate your needs.

Yes, foods are premade....but they need to be made at some point.
    I did do that and they said everything was fine and would be worked out, but it was not. In the past they did not make these ahead of time or they had extra supplies to make more. I was always told to just ask for one without the shrimp and they would make one for me but this time they did not, even though they said they would. I am not sure what changed.