Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Didn't expect her to say yes...Now I'm scared Sh**less!

After reading this message board daily, (occasionally the A/N threads) and throwing the AN option out there my better half surprised the HE-double hockey sticks out of me and said, "I'm in."

Thanks to all the honest and open A/N threads on this board we are looking forward to experiencing this together in such a romantic place; however, now that she has said yes I don't know whether to be excited, scared Sh**tless, or both. Is this normal for a first timer?

I know I have to be tough
    'Cause she called my bluff
    To remove all textile stuff
    and soak up the sun in the buff...
    Will the sand be rough?

LOL. We are in the same boat. I am the one the wants to experience this as a personl growth thing, and my husband is like you... as you put it. I figure it can't be that bad, if so many people enjoy it. Have a few drinks and just know there are others out there that are scared as well.

We are all naked under our clothes....

A little liquid encouragement always helps.

You'll have a fabulous time. Go for it!

(And no, the sand isn't rough! LOL)
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

LOL, enjoy! My husband talked me into it on our first trip, and our second trip we spent most of our days out there.

I have to chuckle here as well. My husband was the one who has always liked to try it, I of course hesitated, but as I was planning our vacation in 2006 I came across the couples web site and saw the AN option. So after booking CSS (originally wanted CTI, but it was under renovations) I read the board a lot. The first full day we headed over, with the statement that if I did not like it we would leave and no more going over. Well, now I am the one who is ready to head over there first, and the first to undress. I am so hooked our home has become more or less AN when no one else is around.
    Linda

Don't think of it as naked ... think of it as freedom !!!!!!!! It's the best feeling in the world. We were nervous at first to, but we along as if we were clothed. I often find myself thinking as I am chating with another couple ..... 'Am I really naked in front of them?' It's natural and we are all free !!!!!!!!! You'll love it !!!

There was a thread posted some time ago from someone who, like yourself, said they were excited and scared going AN for the first time. They got themselves all mentally prepared for the their first public unveiling. They went to the AN beach, found their place, their trembling fingers fumbling to remove their coverings, they stood up, turned around and were shocked and to some degree very disappointed that no one was taking notice of them... no one was looking at them... no one cared that they had just missed the world premier of a never-to-be-duplicated original. :-)

Can't you see this person holding their breath, their eyes fixated on their chair or maybe even closed, bent over folding their clothes, a big breath as they stand to look around and find the beach just as it was when they walked onto it. With everyine there just doing what they were doing five minutes ago... enjoying the sun and the breezes.

I don't think you will need any liquid encouragement, in fact I discourage it as it dulls your senses. The experience of being naked for the first time in the sun, sand and sea of Jamaica is so stimulating to all your senses... so sensual. Go and feel the bliss of the sun and ocean breezes on your skin, then have your first drink to celebrate your new found joy.

ENJOY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkandJen View Post
    Don't think of it as naked ... think of it as freedom !!!!!!!! It's the best feeling in the world. We were nervous at first to, but we along as if we were clothed. I often find myself thinking as I am chating with another couple ..... 'Am I really naked in front of them?' It's natural and we are all free !!!!!!!!! You'll love it !!!
    Ah, the "Freedom Suit", I love it!!!
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

You all will be fine.
    Let me first start off by saying that we all tended to talk big sometimes when there is no threat of anyone calling us out.

Our Story, I met my future wife at a party shortly after my divorce. Having had a few adult beverages, I knew was not looking for anyone so I had nothing to lose by talking a little smack HaHaHa little did I know I had truly met my equal and love her dearly for this. I had told Susan I wanted a wife who was self confident enough to go topless on the beach just to get a reaction out of her. She always gave me it’s no big deal thing and didn’t scare her off. Before I knew it we started dating and several months later a trip to CSS came to pass.

On the first full day we were on the beach after a few drinks I made the smart - -s comment “Why don’t we just go over to the AuNatural Beach”. Susan being that self confident person called my bluff (not buff) and said “Let’s go”. Well that petrified me, not in my wildest dreams I’d never thought about going to the A/N side, but never the less I couldn’t refuse since I’d talk so much smack in the past.
    So off we went and found a place off to ourselves on the beach away from the pool. I might add it was an extremely hot day. There we stripped down and I pretended no one else in the world was there or could see me. Soon Susan tells me she has to go to the bathroom. Of course I hadn’t learned my lesson yet. I smarted off and laughed at her for having to walk naked in front of all those people. To top it off, I asked her to get me a drink too. I know you girls are thinking what an **s but she gets me later. So off she went. There I sat all by self still worried someone would see me. It was really hot and I sweating and waiting and waiting for what seemed like forever. Scared as I was, I finally looked to see what in the heck happened to her. Low and behold there she was talking to naked people. What the heck was she thinking I thought? She finally got back with our drinks so I decided to play it cool. I asked” Oh, Honey how was it”? Of course she said it’s no big deal, everyone else is naked and no one cares or pays attention to you. I know people say that on the MB all the time, but until you actually experience it, one always worries about it, but it is truly true, no one cares.

After finishing my refreshing adult beverage, I started to sweat in the hot sun. Boy was it HOT when all of a sudden something hit me…! All those liquid beverages that encouraged my smart mouth just told me that it was my turn to walk naked in front of everyone to the restroom. Of course Susan immediately asked me to stop and get her a cool refreshing drink as I walked by the bar” naked”. Then she laughed and made her own smart **s comments (another reason I love her so much). Off I went to bare it all. I went to the restroom, got drinks even chatted with others without a hitch. It was true, no one was looking and no one cared…

After Susan and I finished our drinks and started sweating again, I said it’s too way hot to sit this far from that cool pool, let’s go to the pool. Susan said I thought you’d never ask. Off to the pool we went and the rest is history. Like many others I don’t think our vacation would be the same without A/N facilities. Now after 4 trips to SSB and 1 to CTI we have met friends we would have never met on the other side and now we met up every year.

Thank you so much for this thread as it not only made me laugh but convinced me to try the AN experience. My husband doesn"t even know we are going to CN June 18-26th as its a surprise for his birthday so in addition to that and our surprise vow renewal I'm now going to shock him by going to the AN beach Can't wait ...First time to Couples so very excited!

Just go have a good time, do some trimming and shaving and enjoy!!!!!
    Irie Mon

Doreenm, You da bomb, girl!!!! Have fun, kids!

Bigwillie,
    That is a great story. Being a SSB vet, I was really laughing. How true
    your story is, people don't understand that no one cares. You are on vacation
    spending your hard earned money, do what you want to do. Sorry Victoria
    and I will miss you and Susan by a few days this year. Last year was great.
    "Once you go...you know."

Steve & Victoria

Big Willie
    That story is hilarious.
    I laughed so hard that I had to read it out loud to Heidi.

I would have never believed that you were full of such bragadocious!
    Like you said, we (guys) have all made statements that we then had to back up.
    Sorry we will miss you and Susan this year. We leave on Sunday the 10th

Ruminiscing
    Relax. They are only clothes. You take them off every day at home.

Our first time, I was talking big (not as big as Big Willie, but big) before we got to CSS. As we got closer, I got a little nervous. When we got to our loungers at SSB my heart was pounding and I was thinking OMG!
    While I was pondering my next move, I looked up and my beutiful wife had already taken her bikini off and was relaxing on the lounger. At that point, I was like well OK that settles it.
    And, like everyone else has said, it was awesome for us. But nobody else at SSB seemed to notice or care.

Go and enjoy. It is incredible to do something that pushes you outside of your comfort zone.
    Being scared s##tless is good for you. It helps you to appreciate the experience.
    BTW the sand is not rough but it is freakin hot!

Only 21 more days for us....
    John

By concern is that all of the women are fit, trim and beautiful...that this normal, slightly pudgy housewife will look like a beached whale in comparison ;-(

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffin View Post
    By concern is that all of the women are fit, trim and beautiful...that this normal, slightly pudgy housewife will look like a beached whale in comparison ;-(
    I personally feel that all ladies are beautiful in one fashion or another... so you should fit right in. Don't give it another thought, enjoy the ability to go AN and the self-esteem that you will gain.

Fluffin,

Don't worry about that! I recommend for you to read the "Feedback after your Vacation" thread, it gives very realistic descriptions because we all think that everyone else will look like models and we will be the frumpy ones being stared at, but most people don't look perfect.

Stop worrying about that. The fit and trim are the exception. But everyone there is beautiful. I saw a picture of me on the textile beach pop up on my electronic picture frame the other day and thought "OMG you were fat while there". Go and enjoy.

Default Have fun

i can't agree more with the above post. I have posted before under another thread our first experience at CTI and my biggest regret is that we waited until our last full day to go out to the island five years ago. We have met the most amazing friends on the island. And I have to admit although it was me that wanted to try it out for the first time I was nervous as heck. I grew up in a modest house and was rarely ever naked in front of anyone. But even if you think it might not be for you give it a try. You can always leave. And you will not ever see those naked people again.

My main intention was to reply to the post about body sizes. My wife the other day said it the best. Bathing suits are constricting, conforming, and something people judge you by. But when you don't have your bait ing suit on and are nude people don't look at you and judge how it fits, how it conforms your body, or if you have a little extra hanging over. It seems like everyone's imperfections are then over looked and everyone is equal. You will meet people of all body sizes, shapes, colors, and backgrounds. And what you will find is amazing new friends.

The person who talked us into going to the island and her husband were scuba diving with us. We were on the boat ride to the resort and talking with them about why they returned to couples ten consecutive years. Then she said how come you two havent been on the island. We both responded that we were nervous and Megan said that she wasn't really interested. She talked about all the great people that go to the island and then said you have nothing to worry about. I am a big girl with small twins in my fourties. You look at my body and know God has a sense of humor. And that made us relax and give it a shot. I was never more impressed with how comfortable someone felt in their skin and who they were. I think that is what the au natural experience is all about. Facing that fear and overcoming it. Then you have something in common with everyone else out there. Please do not let what you think what you look like hold you back from trying the au natural experience. You will be more comfortable on the island than you will in a bathing suite on the beach after about 30 min there.

Less than a year and we return home.

The fit & trim are spending their days in the gym. The rest of us get to spend our time AN on the beach. No worries.

Hey John and Heidi and Steve and Victoria
    We are going to miss you guys too. We just had to try CN for 3 nights before coming over to CSS. There’s something fun about streaking naked across the public beach.
    Glad you guys enjoyed the story. All true, and I was able to get sandals out of my mouth by the next year.
    I will save the story how Susan talked me into taking a floatie out into the ocean on a windy day, for in person. I will warn you from experience don't lay naked on a floatie in the ocean at SSB on a windy day, because if you were to fall asleep and float past the point, the wind will catch you and blow you out to sea. There is nothing worst that being on a floatie naked in the middle of the ocean having numerous boats of clothed people come by and ask you if you need a ride back to the beach. It's a very tiring swim.
    Jeff

Thanks to everyone for their kind words of encouragement and amusing stories. They certainly help to sort out the butterflies of anticipation from the moths of nervousness that tend to creep into my stomach when thinking abouth the A/N experience.
    For an old country boy, the preparation is probably just as daunting as the act of disrobing on the beach. Trying to figure out how to trim the beach grass under the grape tree and making sure that I have a good sunblock to prevent a burn that could impact our together time, is something that I hadn't considered before. I guess I need to spend a little more time reading different A/N threads to learn from the experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by John from NJ View Post
    The fit & trim are spending their days in the gym. The rest of us get to spend our time AN on the beach. No worries.

OK....Your comment makes PERFECT sense to me ....hehehehehehe....We are IN!!!

You know the funny thing is I NEVER judge my friends or other people who are in need of losing a few pounds. I always encourage them to just live a healthy life and accept who they are. I just simply cannot take my own advise.

I guess it doesn't help when a few years ago when at the lake my own MOTHER yells across the beach to me, "Hey Nettie, you know for as big as you are you have a really nice shape" WTF! Thanks Mom!

Well IMO, I still have a nice shape but still need to lose about half a ton!

Quote Originally Posted by John from NJ View Post
    The way I see it as I can hit the gym hard to be fit and trim or I can just be me myself; a little plump and fit for a trim. The latter sounds much easier and much more enjoyable...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast