Thread: Tennis at CSA

Hybrid View

Default Tennis at CSA

We are about a month away from our honeymoon at Couples Swept Away and we were wondering about the tennis facilities and equipment. We are thinking of bringing our racquets, but don't really want to pack them too much. Does the resort provide decent racquets and balls and stuff or should we pack some of our own? Also are there clay courts? I remember reading somewhere that there are and neither of us have played on clay before and wanted to give it a shot. Thanks!

There are hard courts and Har-Tru courts ('gray' clay courts, but not red clay like at the french open). Have not played there in a while but it is among the best tennis facilities in Jamaica. I remember wishing it was not across the road from the resort... I think there is a crossing guard sometimes but be careful crossing! If you are more comfortable playing with your own racquet then I would bring it. The racquets they have will be modern and fine but the state of the grips is often a bit sticky due to the humidity. My wife and I always take ours to Jamaica because they fit in our checked suitcase with no problem.
    Have fun!

play it all the time while we are there and always just use the resort raquets but if you really like your own bring them. The courts are in great shape and there visiting pros are always awesome with lessons and the round robin tournaments
    Randi & Sherri
    (Pork Chop)