Hybrid View

Default Pelican Bar from CSA

If I wanted to go to the Pelican Bar from CSA by walking, how would I do so? When I got there how do I arrange transportation to the bar?

Pelican Bar would require 2-3 hour drive to Black River from Negril, where you would need to hire a Captain to take you out to Floyds Pelican Bar. If excursion desk offers this, you would be best to make arrangements with them. Either way, I would recommended a prearranged trip, as they will call ahead to Floyd to arrange food if eating there. TOTT out of Negril is a good choice to use for trip if excursion desk does not offer it. Searches on Trip Advisor will give you lots of varied reviews and information.
    Captain Dennis out of Treasure Beach is a Captain I would recommend. He and his Boat are very safe and he usually finds Dolphins during boat ride. Also if going to Floyds, would recommend Boat Trip up Black River. River Trip with Captain Dennis quite educational and you get to see Crocodiles up close

You would have a LONG walk to get to Pelican Bar from CSA not to mention the swim also.

Pelican Bar is located at the mouth of the Black River and a good distance offshore.

It is about 1 1/2 hour ride to the south coast and my suggestion is that it be added to another adventure to make a day trip out of it. The Black River Safari and YS Falls with a side trip to Pelican Bar makes for a full day and if done with a group would cost you about $75 PP.

Default Pelican Bar

This is not with in walking distance. 2+ hours by car. We did the YS falls and Pelican bar during our trip to CSA last Dec. It was a fun filled day. We hired a private driver. I can get his informaition. Our driver was very prepared with beer and water in a cooler waiting for us. He also will make any stops for more refreshments or food you wish. He also set up everyting through the Pelican bar. As for hte boat and food while out there. I highly recomend eating while out there it was absolutly delicious. and the way they cook out there is incredible. If you would like to contact me please email me at jusluvd@yahoo.com. I will be more than happy to give the name and # of your driver. Just make sure you tell him that I sent you.

Respect Mon.

Kyle