Default Want to buy Pickapeppa Sauce in Ontario Canada

Hi now I am hooked on two wonderful Jamaican things Couples Negril and Pickapeppa Sauce. The first addiction I can't do anything about til next spring. Do any of my fellow Canuks in Ontario know where I can buy Pickapeppa Sauce. Rumor has it that some Walmarts carry it. Unfortunately the ones located near me do not. A friend of mine says he thought he had seen it in Waterloo or Kitchener when he was at school last year.
    Your help would be greatly appreciated as I am down to the last half of my last bottle and am afraid of what withdrawal may be like. thanks mc

Try your local Superstore. We get a lot of sauces, Ting and Ginger beer there. It's actually way cheaper than buying it in Jamaica or at the Airport. I live in the Toronto area and we have a very large Jamaican community in our area so that might have an influence too.
    Karon

I can usually find in or near my small town, but sometimes it is hard to find. If worse comes to worse you can always order in online from....

http://www.pickapeppa.com/

It is good by itself, but is also a crucial ingredient in my Jerk Sauce! Gotta have it!
    Best of luck!

Not sure how close you are to the U.S. border, but Wegman's stores in Buffalo carry Pickapeppa sauce!

If you can't find it locally, check Amazon: I think it's available for free shipping, though you'll probably have to buy a couple bottles to get over the limit. But you may be surprised at how easy it is to find in "normal" stores once you start looking. I use it all the time. It's a great substitute for Worcestershire sauce in most recipes for a little added kick.

Thanks to all you wonderful Americans who have responded re ordering from Pickapeppa USA. Unfortunately / fortunately there is a distributor up here in the great white north. So I cannot order from New Orleans, Amazon by the time I pay the freight etc is too much money (transfering from ski doo to dogsled) actually this afternoon it was 25 c or 80 f . Therefore if anybody in Southern Ontario has an idea which Walmart or super store may carry Pickapeppa and also I am now out of Walkerswood Jerk marinade so any guidance woiuld be much appreciated. Thanks all mc

Hi Karon Thanks I'll see if my weekender friends can bring some up with them next time they are visiting Canada's Blue Mountains. Stay cool and enjoy Summer

What about Grace Foods dot com? This is coming from yet another U.S. citizen, but this where my hubby gets his sauces and spices.
    Vicky

Hi Mike,
    Where do you live?
    K

Default Pickapeppa Sauce

Here in Ottawa, Canada, it's available at Loblaws, Superstore, No Frills, andWalmart as well as at several ethnic stores.

Hi Karon I live in the Collingwood / Blue Mountains area my daughters sister in law lives near Newmarket so if you could tell me where the Superstore you get yours from is located that would be great also do you know if they have Walkerswood Marinade sorry to have so many questions but the PC stuff just doesn't cut it Thanks mc

Go to Walmart on line. www.walmart.com and see if they have it on line. If they do then you can order it and have them send it to the store closest to you free of charge to be picked up in your store.

I do this for my favorite toothpaste that my walmart does not carry anymore in the store closest to me.

Good luck!!

Small world Mike. I live in Newmarket too. We usually shop for Jamaican sauces at the Superstore in Aurora. I couldn't believe how much cheaper they were there than in Jamaica. There is also a couple caribbean stores in the area. One is just off Bayview Ave in Aurora in a strip Mall between the Tim Hortons (right at the corner of Bayview) and the Rebock store. I wish I could remember the name of the street. You sister in law will know where the Rebock store is. There is another one in Newmarket around Bayview and Mulock but I've never been in there. If you like patties there is a Jamaican bakery in Newmarket called Tweetys. The make 3 or 4 differnt kind of patties that are just as good as any I have had in Jamaica. You can buy them hot when they are freshly made or frozen in boxes by the dozen. Tweetys is in a plaza on Bayview just south of Mulock.
    I think you can get the sauces in Walmart but I've never looked for them there. I'll keep any eye out this weekend while I'm shopping and let you know if I see them anywhere else.
    Karon

We live in London, Ont. and it's available here at United Supermarket which I believe has 2 stores in Brampton. It is cheaper there than at the airport in Montego Bay which is expected. There was a Price Chopper very close to us that carried it and a lot of other Caribbean/Asian produce but they were shut down a couple of years back. Not enough 'white bread' products for London at the time.
    I have found Blue Mountain Coffee cheaper than the Mobay airport through ebay. Certified Wallenford Estate, roasted to order, $85 for 5 pounds with free delivery.

Looks like my response from yesterday didn't get posted so I'll try again.
    Mike, it sure is a small world. I live in Newmarket too.
    I have been buying my sauces at the Superstore in Aurora. There's only 1 in Aurora so your sister's sister in law should know where it is on Bayview Ave. There is also a caribbean store in a little strip mall just south of the Superstore. I can't remember the name of the street that crosses Bayview but there is a Tim Horton's right at the corner and its' right infront of the Rebock store. She should know where that is in Aurora too. I'll check out a couple of other places this weeked when doing my errands. Newmarket/Aurora has many Jamaican shops, bakeries and restraurants. I go there to get my "fix" of jerk or patties when needed.
    Karon

Thanks Captl I'll check out the ebay coffee sounds great have a excellent summer mc

Thanks so much I'll get my weekenders on that today enjoy your summer and Thanks once again mc

Quote Originally Posted by captl View Post
    We live in London, Ont. and it's available here at United Supermarket which I believe has 2 stores in Brampton. It is cheaper there than at the airport in Montego Bay which is expected. There was a Price Chopper very close to us that carried it and a lot of other Caribbean/Asian produce but they were shut down a couple of years back. Not enough 'white bread' products for London at the time.
    I have found Blue Mountain Coffee cheaper than the Mobay airport through ebay. Certified Wallenford Estate, roasted to order, $85 for 5 pounds with free delivery.
    Who is your supplier? That's some good pricing. We paid $16/lb for JaBlum last time we were in Jamaica, but prefer Wallendford.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

PROBLEM, NO Problem talked to the good folks at the Thornbury Foodland and they are going to order some in. From early spring until late fall we have a great number of Jamaican workers come up to help with the asparagus / strawberry/tomatoe/ apple harvests so besides myself I am sure that my farm worker friends will keep the shelves empty of the wonderful Pickapeppa Sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    Who is your supplier? That's some good pricing. We paid $16/lb for JaBlum last time we were in Jamaica, but prefer Wallendford.
    Sorry for the delay.
    The company's name is Lina through ebay. I just purchased 4lbs of certified RSW Estate BM coffee from them plus you get one free lb and free shipping via Fedex. It was $70 US total for the 5 lbs. The Wallenford is currently $94 for the same amount. It's roasted to order either medium or dark, whole bean or ground, packed in 1 lb bags and shipped right after.
    They also have Kona available.
    Hope this helps.