Hybrid View

Default Must Do's Around Negril?

We are staying at CSA in Dec. Just wondering what to do off property. We don't really want a "day trip", just some cool things to experience in walking or taxi distance.

Rick's Cafe for sure! The cliff divers are amazing and the sunset is awesome! The food and drinks are over priced in my opinon but they let you in to watch the divers for free.

walk long bay take time to sip and drink in the locals...
    spend a few sheckles buy a local rastaman a red stripe and ask him about his view of negril....
    head to the west end kick around as nice as CSA is there is a whole world of real negril awaiting outside its gates.
    catch some live reggea on the beach at night

Do a trading places pass and visit CN then walk up the the Office of Nature for lobster - take a right at the beach up past the next few resorts to what looks like a little Jamaican flea market. Take your money lots of stuff to buy there to. For a taxi outing we love Miss Sonia's Patties best patties in Jamaica, checking out the west end cliffs and light house and Sunshine shopping center for great shopping.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Come on over to the Meet Up at Couples thread and meet the rest of the crowd that will be at CSA in Dec 09.

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

If you like Reggae music, there are some great shows right on the beach a few nights each week. These shows have name stars at many and local bands at others. Negril is Reggae heaven to me.

We saw Gregory Isaacs and Sugar Minott last time we were in Negril.

Walk the beach towards town, go out to the beach and turn left, in the morning. Lot's of interesting and friendly folk to see and meet. You will see Negril waking and beginning it's day. It is a beautiful walk, and free!

Here are my favorites. In no particular order. I tend to like the more casual places.

1)AT CSA: Go to the beach. Take a left. Enjoy.

2) Best in the West Jerk stand.

3) Miss Sonia's for a beef patty.

4) Three Dives. Take a route Taxi if you're feeling adventurous.

I haven't been there yet, but I really want to try the Push Cart the next time I'm in Negril. (Used to be Pirates Cove I think....where the Cat Cruise stops?)

The road is really not that bad. Yes the traffic is going the opposite way you expect if your from North America, but it is not that bad. Every cab will beep at you. If you don't want a ride, then just wave them off, and they won't stop.

Negril is a really cool town, and it is well worth exploring.

You can also take a right as you approach the beach at SweptAway, and walk as far as you can... there are a couple of places along the way to do a bit of shopping, eating and drinking. A bit less traveled and fewer hustlers/vendors to deal with.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Spiff542 - Push Cart was really good. A bit pricey compared to Best of the West but worth every penny. They have ice cold Red Stripe in the bottle and great atmosphere! Please check it out next time you are there.