Default Missing the Island

My girlfriend and I had our first Couples vacation this May at CTI. We had the time of our lives!! The scenery, the people, the food, and atmosphere made for a memorable trip. We are already trying to figure out our return for next year.

My question is this: While there we became"Islanders". We enjoyed the experience so much that we were there almost every day. Only time we weren't was because of planned excursions. We enjoyed it so much that we are now missing that freeing feeling! To those other Islanders out there, how do you satisfy the urge to be textile free like you are at CTI? I was just at the apartment pool the other day, not enjoying the constricting feeling of my swim trunks. Definitely can't wait to get our dates nailed out for next year....in the mean time guess I will just have to remember the cool breeze!

There is no known cure for "Islanderitis" other than to go back! We felt the same way as you guys. We'll be there in August for our 3rd time in 14 months to try and cure it again

Go back and sleep in the nude
    Irie Mon

We have an au naturel beach about 2 hours from home...still haven't treked up there but really want to go. Last year we met a couple that enjoys naked saturdays in their back yard w/pool & fenced in yard! Could we all b so luck!!! so for now it is repeat visits every year to CTI!

barbgentile- you are so lucky with that beach nearby! My girlfriend and I live in Texas and we aren't exactly sure what our state offers in the au natural arena. Would definitely like to find another outlet until we can get back to CTI....hopefully next year in 2012!

lwhite... what part of Texas? There is a "nudist" place close to where we live - but there is no way we would or could go there - we know way too many people here! That's the beauty of CTI - we meet new people and hopfully meet up with them again! But living in the same town and "hanging out in the AN state" - not so much for us!!!

24 days 'till were home on the Island!!!
    Last edited by tracyl; June 29th, 2011 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lwhite View Post
    barbgentile- you are so lucky with that beach nearby! My girlfriend and I live in Texas and we aren't exactly sure what our state offers in the au natural arena. Would definitely like to find another outlet until we can get back to CTI....hopefully next year in 2012!
    Where in Texas do you live ? We have some friends down in the Houston area that have found a place close to them that they like. And we're Islanders too ;-)

Tracy... Hmmm now whereabouts is this nudist place? I think it would far enough for us to enjoy LOL. Now what to do with the little ones? We are really going to miss yall on island.

Check out Emerald Lake Nudist Resort ... definitely not CTI but it might hold you over until you can get back home.

Default missing the island

My girlfriend and I had our first Couples vacation this May at CTI. We had the time of our lives!! The scenery, the people, the food, and atmosphere made for a memorable trip. We are already trying to figure out our return for next year.

My question is this: While there we became"Islanders". We enjoyed the experience so much that we were there almost every day. Only time we weren't was because of planned excursions. We enjoyed it so much that we are now missing that freeing feeling! To those other Islanders out there, how do you satisfy the urge to be textile free like you are at CTI? I was just at the apartment pool the other day, not enjoying the constricting feeling of my swim trunks. Definitely can't wait to get our dates nailed out for next year....in the mean time guess I will just have to remember the cool breeze!
    You have to find a place. We have island time at our home in the back yard and at our cabin in the woods, the free feeling is awesome. we booked yeasterday for next March. Two other couples we met there are also booked for our third trip to CTI.

Quote Originally Posted by patmcon View Post
    Tracy... Hmmm now whereabouts is this nudist place? I think it would far enough for us to enjoy LOL. Now what to do with the little ones? We are really going to miss yall on island.
    Live Oak is located between Brenham and Navasota. Because it's so close to home, there is NO WAY we could go! But for you guys - well, we could watch the kiddos for ya! Will miss you guys too... darn rabbits!

I am in Tyler, south of Dallas. Tracyl, you are definetly right about the island. It is my preferred destination to be free of textiles, but I have the itch to be poolside, relaxing in the sun without the irritating confinement of swim trunks!! I know my fellow Islanders can relate! Thanks for the suggestion angels_allan, I will check it out online. Would love to find a place around Dallas since it's closer.

Iwhite
    There is a very nice bed and breakfast 34 miles south of Ft. Worth you may want to check out and their website. It's called Chaparral Resort / Bed and Breakfast. Small cozy and with the small vibe for romance as couples. I believe it close to Glenn Rose or south Granbury. I can give you the link if you PM me.

You might find www.aanr.com resourceful. There is very strict guidelines that the non prude resort has to follow in order to be certified. This creates somewhat of a couples atmosphere minus the amazing staff. Hope this helps.

Tracy, I just did a web search and yall have two in the Navasota area. Also there is one little north of Houston. The way I see it, if you see someone at a nudist resort that you know then they have similar interests. But then again, I would hate to accidently run into family members that may have similar ideas but unbeknownst to us, LOL