Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Couples Tower Isle Wedding

We were married on the island at CTI May 7, 2011 and it was absolutely perfect! I truly would not have changed a thing. Before we arrived at couples I must say I was a bit nervous since I had a hard time finding advice from other brides and photos of the island and it's layout. Any brides who are worried... don't WORRY! Latoya and the staff at couples were there for us every step of the way -we did not have to think about anything because the staff was on top of everything. I mean everything. We had 56 guests and everyone said it was the best wedding they had ever been too The night before the Latoya arranged for us to all have dinner together at the Patio Restaurant where they had a separate section for all of us. The day of the wedding Latoya arranged for my hair appt. (which turned out perfect thanks to Tracey). We brought our own photographer from San Diego (justinleephotogaphy.com) so we started pictures around 1:00pm... we decided to do a "first look" which I highly recommend because we were done with pictures before the ceremony and it was nice to have that moment when we first saw each other alone. At 4:30 all of our guests met on the pier and the boat started taking everyone over to the island. We had the perfect weather! Once everyone was on the island my dad and I were the last one's taken over. Upon arrival the steel drum band was playing and it was an absolutely beautiful fairy tale setting. The chairs all fit perfect for all of our guests and there was a microphone set up so all of our guests could hear the ceremony. We brought our own officiant and truly it was all magical. After the ceremony we all headed to the other side of the island for the cocktail party/reception. The hor dourves were delicious and the sunset was fantastic. After an hour of the steel drum band we had the resrot DJ Khari who was awesome I had sent him a list of songs/artists we liked and he did a wonderful job. Our cake was perfect and delicious The flowers wonderful... truly I would not have changed a thing... maybe the only thing would be to have stayed longer at Couples. We can't wait to go back for our one year anniversary. I will always hold Latoya and all of the Couples staff close to my heart for making our big day more than we ever imagined.Name:  242521_10150318288053957_656753956_9812383_71916_o.jpg
Views: 11792
Size:  54.3 KBName:  244325_10150318287818957_656753956_9812379_4390988_o.jpg
Views: 6245
Size:  65.6 KBName:  218996_10150306923338957_656753956_9706770_5218292_o.jpg
Views: 7003
Size:  38.3 KBName:  243993_10150318286698957_656753956_9812355_3561317_o.jpg
Views: 5654
Size:  25.3 KB

I really can not say enough about Couples. They exceeded our expectations our entire wedding week. Thank you Latoya and all of the Couples Tower Isle staff)

Great pictures and congrats on the wedding!!

Excellent pics..Congrats on a beautiful wedding!

You're wedding pictures are absolutely beautiful! I adore the one of all the guests, the colors are just magincal, my absolute fave is the one of you and your new hubby on the boat!!

Wow, how beautiful! You guys could be models for the next photo shoot!

Congrats and great pictures. Now you see why we'll be heading back" home "this Sept. for the 4th time.

Ralph & Roberta
    Syracuse, NY
    COR 9/1982, CTI 9/2007, CTI 9/2009, CTI 9/2011

Oh Wow! How amazing! So happy for you! What a fairy tale it was!

Thank you for the review! We are marrying at CTI later this summer! So excited!

Congratulations!!

I concur you both should be the next models for CTI! Very natural and beautiful.

May your lives be forever filled with as much sunshine and happiness as that first magical day.

Default CTI Wedding

Hi Katie,

Thanks so much for your posting and congratulations on your wedding! My fiance, Michael & I are having a Tower Isle wedding in less than a month, and we had no idea what to expect. But your message eases our worries. We will have total of 40 people traveling to CTI, so I am glad to heard that they were accomodating to both you & your group! Did you do have much of the pre-planning coordinated before you arrived to CTI or did you plan all with Latoya, the day you arrived? I am trying to get everything wrapped up on my end (goodie bags/ welcome letters/ itineraries, etc) but felt a little worried that I was missing things. Any other last minute advice or recommendations?

Thanks again!
    Jenny

Thanks so much for the lovely pictures and the post - we actually arrived at CTI on May 7 around 5:00 so your wedding on the island was one of the first views we had! Congratulations!

You've eased my mind as well. I'm getting married on the Island in March 2012 and it has been a little stressful not being able to visualize everything. Thank you so much for sharing. I feel like I have so many questions but I'll ask just one. Did you have a Dinner catered to the island or did you just have the hor dourves????

Hello ladies. I would be happy to answer any questions because I understand how you are feeling.

Jenny- I was in contact with Latoya about 30 days prior to the wedding. She eased my mind regarding the romantic decor, food, set up, music, etc. But I think it's fine to just do it all when you get there because she runs through everything. The decor was beautiful. They had paper lanterns set up, the center piece on the tables was a round mirror with a hurricane on top with a white candle and orchids around the outside of the hurricane on the mirror. Perfectly elegant. Have fun with the welcome bags... our guests loved this.

Heidi- We just had the hor dourves... and it was plenty and they were delicious. The staff had an entire set up for us back at the resort that night for the Gala buffet but we decided to stay out on the island longer that night and skip the buffet. We felt so bad because guests were telling us how beautiful they set it up for us but we decided to keep dancing out on the island

Katie

Name:  242569_10150318288398957_656753956_9812392_7394545_o.jpg
Views: 4905
Size:  34.8 KBName:  240417_10150306923198957_656753956_9706767_4813693_o.jpg
Views: 4932
Size:  55.2 KB

Beautiful pics and thanks for sharing.

Hey Katie, how did you decide to have your wedding at CTI over CSA! Your wedding pics are awesome! I thought they did a cocktail hour on the island after the reception. How come you did your reception/cocktail party on the other side of the island? I'm now leaning towards having my wedding at CTI. I want to have my wedding on the island too. Did you guys go on any excursions while you were there? Could you e-mail more pics of your stay and wedding, any advice? Was your photographer a personal friend? Is the picture of the bar and people sitting at the table your reception, is this on private island or resort?

We chose CTI because we really wanted the privacy of the tower isle wedding. We arrived on the island at 5 and had the ceremony followed by the cocktail reception with hor dourves, drinks, and cake. Then we had dancing and paid extra to stay on the island until about 10pm. The one side of the island where the ceremony is is too small for tables and chairs for a reception and the other side is just perfect with the bar set up and all. The picture we have of the pool, bar and chair set up is all on the island I highly recommend the tower isle wedding- everything was perfect. Latoya the wedding coordinator and all of the staff are amazing. If you give me your email address I can send more pics..

wils17@hotmail.com More pics would be great! Thanks

Katie,
    Thank you so much for all of the info you posted and your beautiful pics! I'm getting married at CTI in April 2012 and you eased many of my worries.
    BTW- your dress is gorgeous. Who is the designer?

Thanks!
    Angela

Hi Katie. Your wedding pics are so beautiful. Sorry I'm tagging on to another post, but would you mind sending me some pics too? I would really appreciate it. My wedding is in April at Tower Island. Thanks so much!

Oops forgot- my email is angelaylang@yahoo.com.

We booked our wedding on the towers private island for Feb 25th 2012! YEAH! I'm so excited, I just need to find a photographer now. Katie would you mind sending me some more photos and did you have to pay travel fees to bring your photographer over to Jamaica? wils17@hotmail.com

Oh wow, those pictures look amazing! I'm not doing the island ceremony (well...unless I come across some extra $$$ I don't know about LOL) I'm so looking forward to a less stressful wedding. Thanks for sharing your experience with us! And congrats!

Hi Katie could you please email me pictures of your reception decorations, wedding decorations, and your welcome bag. Any advice or tips would be awesome. I'm getting married on the island in June. Thanks my email is. Jamiesumiebradley@gmail.com. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by katiet1124 View Post
    We chose CTI because we really wanted the privacy of the tower isle wedding. We arrived on the island at 5 and had the ceremony followed by the cocktail reception with hor dourves, drinks, and cake. Then we had dancing and paid extra to stay on the island until about 10pm. The one side of the island where the ceremony is is too small for tables and chairs for a reception and the other side is just perfect with the bar set up and all. The picture we have of the pool, bar and chair set up is all on the island I highly recommend the tower isle wedding- everything was perfect. Latoya the wedding coordinator and all of the staff are amazing. If you give me your email address I can send more pics..
    Could you email me your table decorations and ceremony decorations? I'm getting married there in June!

Hi Katie!
    I am sure you are sick of these requests by now, but you definitely have the most helpful post I've seen regarding a wedding on Tower Isle! Thank you so much for posting your pictures - they are gorgeous!! I was wondering if you'd maybe be able to email me additional pictures and information as well? We are considering Tower Isle for a wedding in September. I like the fact that it would be private so we wouldn't have other guests wandering about during the ceremony. I'm curious how it looks for the ceremony and how it works for the reception. Did you go back to the main area for dinner or stay on Tower Isle? Was there an additional charge for dinner? Did you have the appetizers and cocktails on the island until 10 and then eat after that? Sorry for all of the questions! I love your dress too, is it Alvina Valenta? It looks very similar to one I tried on last week and fell in love with!! It's good to see that style looks pefect for a wedding at Tower Isle! Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Cheers,
    Amanda
    San Francisco, CA

I just realized that I forgot to include my email address in my reply! It's amandamonson@yahoo.com. Thanks again for your help!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast