Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Help... Rum cream

So little did I know that Rum Cream is not NOT sold at ABC stores in the US. I made a dirty banana without the rum cream and it just wasn't the same. Does anyone know where I can buy rum cream in the us or online?

We are fortunate to have a large liquor store in our area that carries it. You can also order it online...do a Google search. The only downside to ordering online is someone has to be at home to sign for it (age requirement). We try to remember to buy some at the airport on our way home. It's good stuff....one of my favorites. Good luck.

Amanda,

We ran into the same dilemma. Here's what we do. We use good rum, kahlua and heavy cream. Put it all in a blender with ice and a banana - puree until the ice is just about about melted - Voila, Dirty Banana at home. Made one this weekend. My wife tasted it and said it was the best one ever! (Methinks she's been away from Jamaica too long!)

I'm not sure where you're from, but we were able to find some at Woodman's grocery store in WI. It is hard to find out there! And, isn't it the best!

We have found a couple brands sold in MN...Rum Chata and Cruzan Rum Cream. Both are pretty good but I prefer Cruzan. Otherwise, here is a relatively simple recipe that I have used...

Ingredients
    2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
    4 Tsp instant coffee (or Fresh Brewed)
    tsp ground cinnamon
    tsp vanilla extract
    tsp coconut extract

How to make it

I'm in Virginia, and the only place to buy liquor is the ABC store and they don't carry it. I'll definitely try misterhainey's recipe, but can you tell me where I can order it online? Every site I have found says you have to have an ABC license to get it. Thanks!

Just last weekend, as I was walking through the Walmart Beverage area, I noticed a bottle of TGIFriday's Mudslide. I thought about Dirty Bananas, and how this may work! I've been trying to make them at home, and somewhat cheaply... Put the Mudslide in the blender along with a banana and some ice, and THERE IT IS!!! Just like I remembered!! Good Luck!!

do a google search for Total Beverage in Thornton, CO. They do carry Cruzan Rum Cream, and they do ship to certain states (not sure if yours is one of them). I live close and always keep a bottle in my fridge, it is good for making dirty bananas and hummingbirds, or even just over ice.

Jamaican_junkie, thanks for the recipe - we made it a few weekends ago and it was delicious! I ended up passing it on to my co-workers I saw the Cruzan rum cream in our local liquor store and we live in South Dakota. I'm going to have to try it next time we make a stop

Try reggaetreats.com. I ordered from them a couple years ago so I don't know if there still in business. It was very expensive and it took a while to ship. Good luck.

I've seen a number of rum cream brands here in the States, but Sangster's is NOT one of them. Haven't tried the others brothers, but have read and heard they're not nearly as good.

The scratch recipes look yummy, though!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Wouldn't regular Bailey's work as a substitute? I know sometimes when we are in JA and ask for Bailey's some places like to sneak in Rum Cream in place of the Bailey's.

Sorry but I think Rum Cream taste like gasoline compared to Bailey's but some people apparently love it.

We buy the Cruzan here in MN because that's all we can get here. It's really pretty good I think. Not as good as Sangster's of course, maybe sweeter. It'll have to do when we run out of the really good stuff!

Baileys is cream with Irish Whiskey... so yes, there is certainly a difference in the flavor... and in everyone's individual taste as well.

I, for example, have an interesting take on the Blue Martin Martini (vodka, rum cream and Tia Maria), which I call the Kona Martini (vodka, Baileys and Kahlua). Both yummy, just different.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by arewethereyet? View Post
    Wouldn't regular Bailey's work as a substitute? I know sometimes when we are in JA and ask for Bailey's some places like to sneak in Rum Cream in place of the Bailey's.

Sorry but I think Rum Cream taste like gasoline compared to Bailey's but some people apparently love it.
    Comparing Rum Cream and Baileys is like comparing Orange Juice & Apple Juice. One is made with rum and one is made with whiskey; they are not the same.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Sounds like we should all just vacation in WI or MN if we want "fake" rum cream ......... kidding. 17 days and counting until we get some REAL rum cream. WOOO HOOOO !!!!

We have not found Rum Cream in Tennessee or Kentucky either.

Does anyone know if its available now or do we have to go to the market. August 2-9, 2014

Found rum cream at a rural liquor store in Kansas, it was right next to the Baileys. There were a couple of different brands but I didn't pay attention to what they were, just happened to see it then moved on carrying my weight in lime-o-ritas and mang-o-ritas. So much punch in such a little can!
    CSA 2010, 2013
    CTI in the future but too many days to count...who's kidding, 2015 here we come!

I am in Detroit and the only way to get Sangsters is at the Windsor CA duty free.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNDeb View Post
    Found rum cream at a rural liquor store in Kansas, it was right next to the Baileys. There were a couple of different brands but I didn't pay attention to what they were, just happened to see it then moved on carrying my weight in lime-o-ritas and mang-o-ritas. So much punch in such a little can!
    I too like those limaritas and the strawberry ones. I'll have to try the mango next!

Interesting, Zara. We may go to Detroit (Canton) in August. Might make a run to Windsor while we're there.

Quote Originally Posted by acranger View Post
    We have not found Rum Cream in Tennessee or Kentucky either.
    Unless it is really different from the rum cream mentioned here - I found rum cream at Costco in Lexington, KY. Rum Chata. I'm assuming it is the same kind of thing. And I love it

"Rum Chata" is not nearly as good as Jamaican Rum Creams.

I'm not sure of the inventory of Sangster's at the Windsor duty free, but you should know that the Liquor stores in Ontario have discontinued it from their stores.
    We were so fortunate to pick it up easily for years at the many stores in our city. Sadly, no longer. Stock is depleted in the Greater Toronto area now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast