Default Online check-in help

I am leaving for CSA on Sunday and I signed up for romance rewards where I entered my flight information. From what I can understand from previous posts, this is how the pre-checkin can be done. By becoming a member and filling out the pre-checkin information, will this give the resort the information they need for my transfer time? I would like to cut down on as much time at the aiport as possible as well as make sure I have a seat on the bus! I did book my flights and hotel separately.

I have read that I should receive an email confirmation after doing the pre-checkin, but it has been an hour (I know that is not very long), and I have not received one yet. I wasn't sure if this was something that should be automatically kicked back or not.

One last question, how long should we expect to be at the airport prior to loading a bus to be taken to our hotel? While waiting at the airport, everyone mentions the Couples Lounge....are drinks there free, as part of your all-inclusive plan?

Thanks so much for your help!

yes, there is drinks at the couples lounge and this is part of your all-inclusive. waiting time depends on how long it takes everyone going your way to clear customs.

Have no fears about booking flights separately from the resort as it really has no bearing. The lounge has people arriving all day long. As long as you have your paperwork for the resort with you when you arrive at the lounge that is all you will need. Go to the counter in the lounge and give them your name. Sometimes there is a table set up out front of the lounge if so talk to the gals there.

On our last visit we were given some paperwork to fill out while we waited. IDK if that is still the procedure or not as it has been a few years since we have returned.

Our longest wait was about 15 minutes.

I did the pre-check-in 3 days ago and have not received any e mail confirmation so I would not be overly concerned.

If this is our first trip to Couples, will I be able to pre-check in? I had thought the pre-check was only for returning guests. If I am correct, how will the resort know when we are supposed to arrive at the airport?

Thanks!

Keep in mind they only have beer and soft drinks in the lounge. They used to have rum drinks, but I don't think any more. In the three years we have been there, we never waited more than a half hour. I depends on the number of people going, where they are going, and when they clear customs. Don't worry about 'having a seat on the bus' you will. Couples takes care of everything and will not leave anyone out in the cold, or rater heat. Remember to have small bills. You DO tip the porter (takes your bags to the bus) they are not part of Couples and most people tip the driver, also a contractor. BTW, the drink in the lounge and meeting other couples going to Couples is a great start to a wonderful vacation!!! Enjoy!!!

The drinks at the lounge are Red Stripe, Pepsi and bottled water. Due to airport regulations that is all that is served, which from our experience is more than at other resort lounges. We have gotten to the lounge and loaded immediately to bus and once waited 10 minutes for another couple that was arriving at the same time.
    Vicky

I don't think we got a confirmation email. If you did the precheck-in, no worries. You most likely won't have to wait very long for the bus. We have never waited more than 20 minutes. Enough time for a potty break and a couple of Red Stripes. Relax and enjoy!

Wait time often are 1/4 to 1/2 hour no more. You will have a seat I am sure... I have not done the pre check-in yet so not sure how that works...

Mrs H, the pre checkin is for Romance Rewards members so be sure and sign up so you can begin to earn points/ nights for every trip. This also lets the resort know when you will arrive. Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.H View Post
    If this is our first trip to Couples, will I be able to pre-check in? I had thought the pre-check was only for returning guests. If I am correct, how will the resort know when we are supposed to arrive at the airport?

Thanks!
    If join the Romance Rewards program you can do a pre check in. The resort will know you are coming. As another poster said, have your paperwork with you when you get to the lounge and they will check you in. There are always people coming in so don't worry about them knowing, they know and once you go, you will know!
    Vicky

OK, this is going to sound stupid, but what paperwork?

We reserved through the Couples website for CTI, and have received no paperwork, other than the receipt at the end of the reservation process. Is this the "paperwork" we need, with our confirmation number?

Jason A.
    137 days
    4 hours
    7 minutes
    25 seconds

Thanks! I am a member of Romance Rewards so I will stop being a worry-wart. lol

Check in or not (suggested though) Couples knows your coming and should have your flight information as part of your reservation. So, they will take care of you. . . they always do!!!!

I can't even figure out where to enter our arrival date etc - does this get added for you once the resort has the info from the travel agency? If you have to manually enter it - I can't see where to do so...

And how early CAN you pre-check in?

As you can tell, this is our first time - I have set up my Romance Rewards account but I can't see how to enter anything extra....any help is appreciated!! (We aren't arriving until July 28 - so I don't want to check in yet, but I wanted to enter the trip info...)

N

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    The drinks at the lounge are Red Stripe, Pepsi and bottled water. Due to airport regulations that is all that is served, which from our experience is more than at other resort lounges. We have gotten to the lounge and loaded immediately to bus and once waited 10 minutes for another couple that was arriving at the same time.
    John and I have stayed at another resort in Montego Bay several times...they have something very similar in their loung. They serve Red Stripe and Red Stipe Light (my favorite) and soft drinks.

77 days and counting to our first trip to Couples (CSS)....I am sooooo ready!

Quote Originally Posted by warren.cple View Post

We reserved through the Couples website for CTI, and have received no paperwork, other than the receipt at the end of the reservation process. Is this the "paperwork" we need, with our confirmation number?

Jason A.
    137 days
    4 hours
    7 minutes
    25 seconds
    HI Jason......

Not a stupid question at all! From what I remember.....we are talking a while ago so bare that in mind, You should receive an itinerary closer to your departure date. At least we do when we book with our Travel Agent. Even if you do not just take your receipt with the confirmation number. That is all you will need just in case of the smallest chance of an issue.

The lounge people will give you more paperwork to fill out. Your registration cards etc. Fill them out before you get to the resort. Once you arrive just hand everything to the desk clerks and you will be done. They will ask you for a credit card for incidentals like the SPA, gift shop or possible phone charges. If you do not wish to give them a CC, no problem. You can leave a cash deposit of $100.00.

Remember if you are using your Visa Debit card they will place a hold on that card. Depending on YOUR BANK it MAY take up to 4-6 weeks for that hold to be released in EXTREME cases. This IS RARE but it can and does happen and is NO reflection of the business placing the hold.

Quote Originally Posted by warren.cple View Post

Jason A.
    137 days
    4 hours
    7 minutes
    25 seconds
    I think our paperwork came about 45 days prior to departure which is now just 13 days from today.I think our paperwork came about 45 days prior to departure which is now just 13 days from today.
    Vicky

I believe that paperwork that people are talking about comes from their travel agent and not from Couples. As we never use a travel agent and instead book directly with Couples, we do not get any paperwork or a travel itinerary. If you booked with Couples directly, you should have received an email upon receipt of your final payment. We just print this out and take it with us. Just in case even though we have never needed it. Couples will be expecting you when you get to the lounge in the airport. No worries, just get ready for a wonderful vacation!
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013